Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Comparison (Emp v Rep)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Class Comparison (Emp v Rep)

Huroken
12.14.2011 , 09:23 AM | #1
Being somewhat of an Altaholic, and wanting to experience all the storylines I intend to role a character for every class (Empire & Republic). Sad I know.

I felt I should also chose opposing AC's with my classes that are mirrored (ie: my Agent being a Operative and my Smuggler being a Gunslinger; My SW to be a Juggernaut and my JK to be a Guardian; etc; etc)

Am I correct in saying that the differences between the mirrored classes and their mirrored AC, for example the BH Mercenary and Trooper Commando, are purely aesthetic? Meaning that while they may have different weapons and resources their play styles are the same?

While I’m almost certain this is the case I thought I’d double check see if there are any more subtle differences in game play from those who have experienced the game from both aspects.

tyia
The NornIron Legacy
Thosc - Operative | Ro'lin - Mercenary | Syrafé - Assassin | Huroken - Juggernaut
Ilsenkiir - Gunslinger | Wínters - Vanguard | Merisha - Sage | Llano - Sentinel

charizonthewhite
12.14.2011 , 09:26 AM | #2
here
Oper = scoundrel
sniper = gunslinger
commando = merc
powertech = vanguard
guardian = jugger
sent = maraud
sage = sorc
shadow = assassin

jnshnwng
12.14.2011 , 09:30 AM | #3
That's... actually quite ingenious. I'm going to have to copy this plan, especially if the Republic alts can send items to Empire alts.

Huroken
12.14.2011 , 09:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by charizonthewhite View Post
here
Oper = scoundrel
sniper = gunslinger
commando = merc
powertech = vanguard
guardian = jugger
sent = maraud
sage = sorc
shadow = assassin
Ya I knew that already I was asking how true their similarities are in terms of gameplay.

Quote: Originally Posted by jnshnwng View Post
That's... actually quite ingenious. I'm going to have to copy this plan, especially if the Republic alts can send items to Empire alts.
You can't. Unless there's a Neutral AH as in WoW, but that'd be risky.
The NornIron Legacy
Thosc - Operative | Ro'lin - Mercenary | Syrafé - Assassin | Huroken - Juggernaut
Ilsenkiir - Gunslinger | Wínters - Vanguard | Merisha - Sage | Llano - Sentinel

Knomoen
12.14.2011 , 09:37 AM | #5
I think some of the mirror classes have different abilities. For instance, Sith Inquisitors get a 5 minute cooldown called Sacrifice that takes your companion to the brink of death and heals you for 40% of your total health. Jedi Consulars get a 5 minute cooldown called Unity that grants a 50% damage reduction for both them and their companion for 15 seconds. Both cooldowns are gained at level 46.