Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snap camera is beginning to wear me down

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Snap camera is beginning to wear me down

Andjalis
01.21.2012 , 04:19 PM | #41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU8pOwuqt3k

1:55 this is why it is so important

(((Because I link a WoW video it doesn't mean I'm a wow fan boy - WoW PvP is broken and so is the game)))

dandamanno
01.21.2012 , 04:22 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Crymson-Raider View Post
Not sure if this is a new problem from the newest patch or not, But playing my jugg today i noticed the camera snaps back to center while im in combat if i try to make my toon move in any direction.

Also annoying is the new cooldown on powers..
I have also noticed this happening but I think it is caused by my character auto-facing targets (which sometimes occurs but sometimes not - very wierd) in different directions such as to make them face towards the camera. Then when you move using the "w" key the camera instantly snaps 180 degrees.

It's very disorienting and is caused both by auto-face target combined with the snap camera.

The cooldown change doesn't bother me as much but for skills with longer cooldowns it can be tough to tell if the skill is up or not so I hope they change it back.

When I first read about the cooldown change I thought they were just doing away with the global cooldown 1 second grey out, which would have been fine as the GCD is only 1 second. But instead they applied the lack of greyed out skills to every skill cooldown, which is uncool.

Larlar
01.21.2012 , 04:23 PM | #43
This was the absolute first thing I noticed in beta, the first thing I reported, and it is a big issue. Its not game breaking, but its part of an overall trend of small annoying things adding up to a less than satisfactory gameplay experience. I also noticed countless numbers of people complaining about this on the general channels of korriban during the open beta. Everyone wanted to know how to turn *smart* (lol) camera off, but it wasn't possible.

You *should* be able to have the camera facing behind you, and run forward without the camera resetting itself. You should have the option to do this. To not have this capability is limiting in every aspect of the game.

As usual, this is another issue that bad players will not really notice or care about. There's nothing wrong with being bad of course, but do not pretend it is not an issue, for those of us who like to get the most out of our characters. It is an issue, and it needs to be fixed.

Larlar
01.21.2012 , 04:26 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Andjalis View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU8pOwuqt3k

1:55 this is why it is so important

(((Because I link a WoW video it doesn't mean I'm a wow fan boy - WoW PvP is broken and so is the game)))
Excellent example.

The world's best WOW rogue shows how to kite using this very camera function. Take note.

Stouver
01.28.2012 , 06:10 PM | #45
I'll bump this as well because it is so ridiculous that this option hasn't been added yet. Anyone who defends the awful camera needs to get over themselves.

discoprophet
01.29.2012 , 12:42 PM | #46
Bump.
There is no reason to defend the camera. You like it? Fine.
But there are a lot of people who do not like it, and disabling does add skill to pvp. It would be such a simple feature to add that so many people want. The vast majority of mmo's provide this option, and it is ridiculous that it is not in swtor.

Larlar
01.29.2012 , 12:49 PM | #47
Another bump and rate for me. Can we please get an explanation as to why we aren't allowed to look behind while we move forward in this game? Its pretty darn silly.

Crymson-Raider
02.01.2012 , 04:12 AM | #48
bump...and why wasnt this issue resolved in the last patch? still hating the snap back camera

Harleyz
02.01.2012 , 04:14 AM | #49
Just quit. Its the R E T A R D S mmo. It came. It saw. It failed. Next.