Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Snap camera is beginning to wear me down

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Snap camera is beginning to wear me down

Offended's Avatar


Offended
01.14.2012 , 04:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Harower View Post
To not be able to run in one direction look behind yourself and select a target off in distance is beyond stupid.

It is a standard feature to be able to hit ctrl have the camera lock in place while you hold it down and select whatever you want.

QFT

Although i do remember a short period where wow broke this...

monjiay's Avatar


monjiay
01.14.2012 , 04:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Copeeland View Post
Use the right mouse button instead of the left. Durrrr.
That doesn't work in this game, you're still playing WoW.

monjiay's Avatar


monjiay
01.14.2012 , 04:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Copeeland View Post
It's not my fault that you're all so bad at MMOs that you need the camera to face at the enemies for you.

Also the only reason you're complaining about the camera is because you can't kite properly, right? So ... basically you just want to cheat?

Must be nice being so ignorant.

First you say there's a solution and then you say it doesn't matter. Let us know when you make up your mind which it is so we can respond.

anathematize's Avatar


anathematize
01.14.2012 , 04:55 PM | #24
Totally agree with you OP.

Anybody who's played another MMO at a high level in PvP or PvE would understand this.

Its downright infuriating that they don't have a simple option in preferences for this. Absolutely unacceptable. One of the first negative things (in a long list) that I noticed about the game.

I'm beginning to wonder if 99% of the people defending this game turn with their keyboards.

monjiay's Avatar


monjiay
01.14.2012 , 05:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by anathematize View Post
Totally agree with you OP.

Anybody who's played another MMO at a high level in PvP or PvE would understand this.

Its downright infuriating that they don't have a simple option in preferences for this. Absolutely unacceptable. One of the first negative things (in a long list) that I noticed about the game.

I'm beginning to wonder if 99% of the people defending this game turn with their keyboards.
They're locking threads so quickly I can't even respond today.

I'm quitting just because of the forum moderation. It's completely disrespectful. I'm not giving EA another cent of my money.

davidpop's Avatar


davidpop
01.14.2012 , 05:00 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Copeeland View Post
It's not my fault that you're all so bad at MMOs that you need the camera to face at the enemies for you.

Also the only reason you're complaining about the camera is because you can't kite properly, right? So ... basically you just want to cheat?

Must be nice being so ignorant.
Are you really this clueless, or are just abit bored and playing dumb?

Die_Scream's Avatar


Die_Scream
01.14.2012 , 05:00 PM | #27
Camera snaps in random directions for me too sometimes, in any situation, even just running I might suddenly be looking straight up.

And Copeland, the camera snap is a known issue, what's your motivation in so vehemently denying the issue or wanting a fix? What's your agenda? Sure isn't "to be helpful".

dandamanno's Avatar


dandamanno
01.14.2012 , 05:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Harower View Post
To not be able to run in one direction look behind yourself and select a target off in distance is beyond stupid.




It is a standard feature to be able to hit ctrl have the camera lock in place while you hold it down and select whatever you want.
Hopefully this will come with a UI update they have talked about before. In LotRO I use left mouse to rotate as I wish and then use ctrl to recenter when I want. Same idea.

Slayith's Avatar


Slayith
01.14.2012 , 05:20 PM | #29
I have a user fix for the kiting. It wont help too much when autorunning past someone and trying to target them. If I use strafe and strafe kite I can still run away at full speed and kite like normal. I can use keyboard targeting to swap to mobs in my swarmkite
There are 10 kinds of people, those who read binary and those who don't.

GeLopez's Avatar


GeLopez
01.18.2012 , 10:24 PM | #30
Why no fix in 1.1?
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman