Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snap camera is beginning to wear me down

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Snap camera is beginning to wear me down

GeLopez
01.13.2012 , 01:25 AM | #1
It might seem minor, but this kind of UI clunkiness is such a huge deal to having seamless gameplay. I am honestly beginning to think of unsubscribing just because it makes it so hard to kite properly while using abilities in every aspect of the game. I don't understand why this option doesn't exist.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

Copeeland
01.13.2012 , 01:26 AM | #2
Use the right mouse button instead of the left. Durrrr.
Collector's Edition since day 1

vekkth
01.13.2012 , 01:27 AM | #3
agree, i vote this number 1 annoying issue of the game right now. and i see no reason why it ts even there, why there is no patch for it?

GeLopez
01.13.2012 , 01:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Copeeland View Post
Use the right mouse button instead of the left. Durrrr.
What? That doesn't work at all. That just turns my character along with my camera, which is even worse than just my camera moving.

I basically have to have to pray for no lag if I can't jump and I want to use Force in Balance on the run on a target that's behind me or to my side. It's ridiculous.

Jswizzle
01.13.2012 , 01:29 AM | #5
HUH??

Sorry I'm just confused. I have no idea what UI bulkiness or problems are encountered because of camera snap. It doesn't seem minor, it is.

Edit didn't see above post.

Click force in balance and target your own feet. No need to see behind you or to the side. It's radius is big enough to hit mobs that are far enough away

Copeeland
01.13.2012 , 01:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
What? That doesn't work at all. That just turns my character along with my camera, which is even worse than just my camera moving.

I basically have to have to pray for no lag if I can't jump and I want to use Force in Balance on the run on a target that's behind me or to my side. It's ridiculous.
I use the right mouse button to move the camera and it never snaps back ever.
Must be a problem on your end only.

GeLopez
01.13.2012 , 01:31 AM | #7
That's because right-click turns your character as well, but that doesn't solve any problems in regards to kiting or turning only the camera while moving and using a spell.

This is a pretty big deal in PVP and top-end raiding. It makes the game feel so clunky for basically no reason.

Copeeland
01.13.2012 , 01:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
That's because right-click turns your character as well, but that doesn't solve any problems in regards to kiting.
No it doesn't. The camera is fine.

GeLopez
01.13.2012 , 01:33 AM | #9
Nah, you're wrong, but keep bumping my thread!

Jswizzle
01.13.2012 , 01:34 AM | #10
Why are you kiting with force in balance? That makes no sense. The cool down is so long most of your time will be spent running around.

I've had to do it occasionally, and like I said. Target your own feet, it will hit any mob anywhere near you.