Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

do we have to enter a code from the actual game box when we recive it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
do we have to enter a code from the actual game box when we recive it?

madmilitia
12.14.2011 , 09:20 AM | #1
so like almost everyone else in here my ready to play thing isn't checked and just to verify i opened a ticket, i got verification that my early game play will be just fine however. the e-mail has me worried.

If you are a pre-order customer, the ‘Get Ready To Play!’ steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars: The Old Republic at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code.

Pre-Order codes, no matter what edition, grant the same entitlement; that is Early Game Access and a Colour Stone. It is the product code that you enter at launch that will affect your in-game entitlements.

Please BW tell me that i do not have to enter a code to play just to recive my entitlements. i made the mistake of pre-odering from wallmart and i won't recive my game until 12/29
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the potential of the Force.

Quaxo
12.14.2011 , 09:24 AM | #2
If I am understanding your question right, you need the code that is sealed in the actual box you've ordered before you can play after the 19th.

madmilitia
12.14.2011 , 09:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Quaxo View Post
If I am understanding your question right, you need the code that is sealed in the actual box you've ordered before you can play after the 19th.

yeah that is what i'm getting from the E-mail.

cause early release ends at 10:00 CST on the 19th which means 2 hours of no play and then release.

so i'm getting from this e-mail that i will get my early release play no prob but since my game wont be deliviered until the 29 i won't be able to play again untill the 29.
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the potential of the Force.

Quaxo
12.14.2011 , 09:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by madmilitia View Post
yeah that is what i'm getting from the E-mail.

cause early release ends at 10:00 CST on the 19th which means 2 hours of no play and then release.

so i'm getting from this e-mail that i will get my early release play no prob but since my game wont be deliviered until the 29 i won't be able to play again untill the 29.
That is correct. Bioware posted before that there will be no grace period. Unless that has changed and I missed it, that probably still stands.

Sunsliver
12.14.2011 , 09:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by madmilitia View Post
so like almost everyone else in here my ready to play thing isn't checked and just to verify i opened a ticket, i got verification that my early game play will be just fine however. the e-mail has me worried.

If you are a pre-order customer, the ‘Get Ready To Play!’ steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars: The Old Republic at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code.

Pre-Order codes, no matter what edition, grant the same entitlement; that is Early Game Access and a Colour Stone. It is the product code that you enter at launch that will affect your in-game entitlements.

Please BW tell me that i do not have to enter a code to play just to recive my entitlements. i made the mistake of pre-odering from wallmart and i won't recive my game until 12/29
You will get your code between the 16tha nd the 20th. This code will need to be entered in your Code Redemption area in order for you to play past December 20th.

More info: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16290

madmilitia
12.14.2011 , 09:32 AM | #6
ok so what is the differance between pre-order collectors edition, and colloctors edtion you can buy in the store?

can if that is true i'm just going to wallmart and buy the collectors edition and then returning the one i get in the mail.

madmilitia
12.14.2011 , 09:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sunsliver View Post
You will get your code between the 16tha nd the 20th. This code will need to be entered in your Code Redemption area in order for you to play past December 20th.

no i got my pre order codes on 10/6/2011 and entered them.

i'm not getting the actual game until like the 29th cause of shipping and that wallmart is crap. i new i shouldn't have ordered from them but they were on biowares list of preferred sellers.

Sunsliver
12.14.2011 , 09:35 AM | #8
Then your game will come with the code that you need. You will not be able to play after the 20th until you put in that code.

Quaxo
12.14.2011 , 09:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sunsliver View Post

He ordered a physical copy from Walmart. He will not get his code early. He will get it when the box arrives.