Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to make Armortech, Artificer, Synthweaving & Weapontech worth it 1-50 and beyond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How to make Armortech, Artificer, Synthweaving & Weapontech worth it 1-50 and beyond

Almagnus
01.13.2012 , 03:47 PM | #21
If we're looking at things from a purely mod point of view, right now we have:
Cybertech:
Mod, Armor

Slicing:
Augment (I think)

Artifice:
Enhancement
Color Crystal
Hilt

Armstech:
Barrel

This leaves Biotech, Synthweaving, and Armortech out in the cold.

Here's an idea... what if Armstech got a cycle of color crystals that were difference from the artifice ones (different colors/stats?), and a cycle of enhancements too.

Perhaps something more like:

Cybertech:
Mod

Slicing:
Augment

Artifice:
Color Crystal Pool A
Enhancement Pool A
Hilt

Armstech:
Barrel
Color Crystal Pool B
Enhancement Pool B

Armortech:
Armor (non-force user)

Synthweaving:
Armor (force-user)

This would help to strengthen armstech by letting it better mirror artfice, so one is really good for non-force users, while the other is really good for force users, similar to how armor works.

Taking a queue from SWG, what about an BoE artifact quality item that must be assembled from mods the crafter can find/make before it can be sold. Depending on what those mods are, hidden bonuses can be gained from various combinations of the mods, allowing someone that has done the research and gathered the components to make something really powerful. However, this would need to be a two step process, one to assemble, and one to seal. Once the item is sealed, it can no longer be modified.

BroadStreetBully
01.13.2012 , 03:58 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Almagnus View Post
If we're looking at things from a purely mod point of view, right now we have:
Cybertech:
Mod, Armor

Slicing:
Augment (I think)

Artifice:
Enhancement
Color Crystal
Hilt

Armstech:
Barrel

This leaves Biotech, Synthweaving, and Armortech out in the cold.

Here's an idea... what if Armstech got a cycle of color crystals that were difference from the artifice ones (different colors/stats?), and a cycle of enhancements too.

Perhaps something more like:

Cybertech:
Mod

Slicing:
Augment

Artifice:
Color Crystal Pool A
Enhancement Pool A
Hilt

Armstech:
Barrel
Color Crystal Pool B
Enhancement Pool B

Armortech:
Armor (non-force user)

Synthweaving:
Armor (force-user)

This would help to strengthen armstech by letting it better mirror artfice, so one is really good for non-force users, while the other is really good for force users, similar to how armor works.

Taking a queue from SWG, what about an BoE artifact quality item that must be assembled from mods the crafter can find/make before it can be sold. Depending on what those mods are, hidden bonuses can be gained from various combinations of the mods, allowing someone that has done the research and gathered the components to make something really powerful. However, this would need to be a two step process, one to assemble, and one to seal. Once the item is sealed, it can no longer be modified.
Great idea! I'm sold.

--Grim--
01.13.2012 , 04:00 PM | #23
I support this thread.

Some good ideas here. Lets help the devs fix this mess.

monkeytek
01.13.2012 , 06:55 PM | #25
I would like to see each crafting skill have a "master craft" item(s) that make each class valuable to the point an individual must make an informed decision on what they want.

For instance, through a series of arduous tasks an Armstech can craft a weapon that can be matched by only the most epic of drops in the game. This is the trade off each class will have, this 1 master craft that they can make for themselves and must forgo the benefits of the other crafts.

As others have added each crafting class must have unique BOE items that through , luck, grinding, whatever can give you schematics to items other players in game want to buy not items that just help you or your companions. Each craft should have items that can not be easily beat through "buying" items with commendations or easy random drops in ops or flashpoints. Why would anyone want to pay for a mod from an Armstech when they can use commendations? There should still be other mods out there but they should not overlap, when this occurs and these overlapping items can be gained easily or with little input by the player the crafting element of this game will never be useful.

BraxKedren
01.13.2012 , 07:18 PM | #26
Best bet would be something like and Underlay for Synthweavers and an Armor reinforcment for Armor guys. Also make it so its a slot that only can be filled on gear by those crafts.
Kedrus Brax
Powertech
Harbinger

CE Owner & Subscriber

GnatB
01.13.2012 , 08:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Raant View Post
I think every single crew skill should give something to the player. I hate to compare it with Wow but in WoW every profesion give u something. i think it should be like this:
And I think that was a massive mistake on WoW's part. The point of a tradeskill (or crewskill) should be to make money selling stuff, and/or to save money making your own stuff. It should NOT be something that every character feels they need one of in order to compete "end game".

If everybody feels (and actually does) need to actually have their OWN tradeskill to be competitive end game, you've dramatically reduced your potentional sales market for stuff. A significant percentage now can, and will, make their own. Furthermore, you've also drastically increased the competition trying to sell to that smaller market. a large percentage of people who otherwise wouldn't bother with tradeskills will, since they have the skill already, go ahead and put stuff up for sale... at the very least the stuff they've worked on to get their own skill up.

There should be NOTHING a tradeskiller can get that shouldn't be obtainably by a non-tradeskiller, though the non-tradeskiller may have to go THROUGH a tradeskiller to get it.

You want to take the actual point out of crafting? Make them useful to those who don't want to do them.

Ryotknife
01.13.2012 , 09:46 PM | #29
ugh, with the armor mods removed from cybertech i wouldnt be able to make a single credit off of the skill.

level 50 purple mods sell for 1.5k on my server.

Almagnus
01.13.2012 , 10:27 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryotknife View Post
ugh, with the armor mods removed from cybertech i wouldnt be able to make a single credit off of the skill.

level 50 purple mods sell for 1.5k on my server.
What if there was a way for you to make earpieces competitive with the raiders, or had ingredients that **EVERY** other profession needed?

Sometimes a little interdependency can go a long way towards making everything valuable =)