Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech and slicing: How long should I wait?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech and slicing: How long should I wait?

Knight_Marshal
12.14.2011 , 09:14 AM | #1
My dilemma is this. I want cybertech and for it I need scavenging and Underworld Trading. I also want slicing for the credits and the cybertech drops I am supposed to be able to get from it.

I was thinking of not taking cybertech until 25 and I have my speeder, then I could drop slicing. I could also not take UT until 25 and drop slicing for it. However I may need sclicing after 25 for better cybertech drops.

What is the best strategy?

Flotsam
12.14.2011 , 09:17 AM | #2
If you want to save your parts then go....

Slicing, Scaveging and get all the robot parts you'll need and save them in the bank...

Then get Cybertech and Underworld trading when you want...

Gatlek
12.14.2011 , 09:18 AM | #3
I went Cybertech, Scavenging, and Slicing. You get Cybertech recipes from Slicing so you would either need to buy the recipes or the mats off the GTN either way. If you want slicing, keep it and buy the rare mats. The rare mats that you get from Underworld trading are only needed for upgraded versions of the base recipes. You should be able to level Cybertech just fine without Underworld trading.
{█╬╬╬╬╬╬╣|██████████████████}

Knight_Marshal
12.14.2011 , 09:43 AM | #4
That is what I though and for the most part it seems that until high levels there isn't much difference between the different cons of a recipe, maybe a point or two.

chiefdano
12.14.2011 , 09:47 AM | #5
Get slicing

and make an alt toon a heavy armor class and have that toon take up armor/scav/UT

get the rare mats from that toon, and you have access to armor recipes and excess metals.

IMHO, this setup helps each other
Graf - Republic of OT Guild Leader and lead trash talker
Hedarr Soongh

Gojigrant
12.14.2011 , 09:54 AM | #6
Thanks chief that is the best plan i heard yet.

ArmageddonX
12.14.2011 , 10:23 AM | #7
I'm having the same dilemma as the OP right now. I think I'm going to go Slicing, Cybertech, & (I can't decide) LoL
Red Squadron Gaming Community
Red Republic Vox Rubricae
www.RedSquadron.org

Rhellion
12.14.2011 , 10:26 AM | #8
I am just planning on dropping Slicing after 25 when I have my speeder. In my case it will be for Diplomacy.
Slayn of <HARM>, Republic PVP - Anchorhead server

chiefdano
12.14.2011 , 10:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhellion View Post
I am just planning on dropping Slicing after 25 when I have my speeder. In my case it will be for Diplomacy.
This really isnt a bad idea either, with one stipulation:

High level recipes you wont get from slicing. Its not a killer, but to me, the rare stuff is important to me
Graf - Republic of OT Guild Leader and lead trash talker
Hedarr Soongh

RowBan
12.14.2011 , 10:38 AM | #10
or keep slicing throughout the game, use the extra credits to buy what you loose from not having underworld trading