Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

did the empire lost without a fight o.O???? spoilers alert***

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
did the empire lost without a fight o.O???? spoilers alert***

Assaultrooper
01.12.2012 , 08:04 PM | #1
Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

Kaskava
01.12.2012 , 08:13 PM | #2
Spoiler
Malgus was a rogue Sith Lord who demonstrated little political ambition before now. Between the Sith Warrior, and the Sith Inquisitor, I think we'll be fine.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.

Idunhavaname
01.12.2012 , 09:39 PM | #3
No but the empire will lose eventually.

RIP orange pixel

Duradel
01.13.2012 , 12:12 AM | #4
The Sith Empire is in a pretty bad state, but it's not because of Malgus.

If you look at most of the class storylines, the Empire classes are doing a lot of betraying and killing one another, while Republic classes are doing a lot of killiing the Empire. I suppose this is to get the republic "on its feet" after losing the last war. Maybe the Empire will stop sucking so much in later expansions.

Shaligal
01.13.2012 , 03:56 AM | #5
All of us already know that the Empire will be defeated at the end. Is the never ending story of the Star Wars: Jedis fight united against the Sith, and the Sith fight divided against the Jedi. Because having an Emperor doesnt prevent that every Sith chases his own goals. Not to say that for every Sith killed by a Jedi, there are two Sith killed by another Sith. It's hard to win when you are spending most of your time and resources on killing your "allies".

This is the main reason why in the greatest part of the history of Star Wars, the galaxy is ruled by Jedis and only at some moments for Sith.

CptBrit
01.13.2012 , 03:59 AM | #6
Sith are less picky about who they let into the order though.

They can replace the losses. Also their training - I would say - makes for a stronger individual.

Having to best most of your peers, or die is a pretty strong motivator lol

But then again most things involving the Sith Inq/Sith Warrior are "Do this or die!"

I mean the Korriban story for the Sith Inq, your Overseer basically ends every conversation with variations on "Or die!"
Sa'rahi Sheph'erd - The Mercenary | Marxon Sheph'erd - The Guardian
Tae'Ruk Sheph'erd - The Juggernaut | Mysha Sheph'erd - The Sage
Leona Sheph'erd - The Assassin | Temo'rel Sheph'erd - The Vanguard
Mykael Sheph'erd - The Operative | Lel'Liana Sheph'erd - The Gunslinger

depth_mil
01.14.2012 , 11:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaskava View Post
Spoiler
Really? Not the impression I got, although I'm not sure how all the class stories interact (do they all happen together?).

*Major* spoilers for the JK class story:

Spoiler

In general I hate how some events from other stories "happen" in all of them but are never explained (eg the change in supreme chancellor by corellia - there's no indication why this happened to republic players).

DarkestDaemon
01.15.2012 , 12:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by depth_mil View Post
Really? Not the impression I got, although I'm not sure how all the class stories interact (do they all happen together?).

*Major* spoilers for the JK class story:

Spoiler

In general I hate how some events from other stories "happen" in all of them but are never explained (eg the change in supreme chancellor by corellia - there's no indication why this happened to republic players).
Spoiler

As said, it's pretty much known that the Sith will never have a lasting victory. Now if the Sith could live by their code, and at the same time place trust in their fellows... well, the galaxy would be soon serving the Empire.

depth_mil
01.15.2012 , 12:44 AM | #9
Spoiler

Thanks for clarifying.

DarkestDaemon
01.15.2012 , 12:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by depth_mil View Post
Spoiler

Thanks for clarifying.
Spoiler