Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All I ever see is unassembled Jedi Knight stuff....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
All I ever see is unassembled Jedi Knight stuff....

Pessot
01.12.2012 , 05:33 PM | #1
I'm wondering if this is just my guild and I or if this is a widespread problem:

I've completed around 15 hardmode flashpoints thus far, and have seen unassembled Jedi Knight gear drop 12 of those 15 times. 8 of the last 9 hardmodes have dropped Jedi Knight gear. If the chances of gear dropping are truly equal, then the probability of this situation arising is astronomical.

Is this a known bug? Are others finding the same problem? I haven't been able to find any information on this on the forums. Since I'm a Shadow, and we only have one JK in our whole guild, this situation is discouraging us from running any further Flashpoints.
Love,
Pessot

Trucane
01.12.2012 , 05:39 PM | #2
Not noticing it however I notice that a lot of sith inquisitor drops keep coming up. Overall the token system is stupid and the tokens should work for every single class, right now its ridiculous having to run the same flashpoint 5 times only for the wrong class tokens ( Im the only one in this group without columi chest)

AngelousWang
01.12.2012 , 05:51 PM | #3
Each boss/chest has a set of drops (4-6 items that they always drop), the drop is random and not in any way influenced based on the classes playing.

Nobody is really sure if certain items have higher/lower drop rates than others, however it does seem certain items in crtain flashpoint are much rarer than others (In the Black Talon for example: Juggernaut Chest and Legs very rarely ever drop, however Juggernaut Gloves, Boots and Shield seem to drop all the time, you get one of these almost every run-through).

However it does seem more often than not that you get identical drops if you keep playing through the same flashpoint with the same party (Maybe Bioware built it this way to discourage equipment farming?) - To counter this you ether need to change out a party member for a new one or run another (different) flashpoint in-between runs.

It also helps to keep changing the leader around so the instance belongs to someone different each time.
CE VIP

Sath_Wishes
01.12.2012 , 06:00 PM | #4
We had like 80% Trooper / Bounty Hunter dropps in our Heroic runs, maybe even more. Now, it's still a bunch of Trooperstuff, but well... at least my Pet get's cool gear this way

deserttfoxx
01.12.2012 , 07:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
Each boss/chest has a set of drops (4-6 items that they always drop), the drop is random and not in any way influenced based on the classes playing.

Nobody is really sure if certain items have higher/lower drop rates than others, however it does seem certain items in crtain flashpoint are much rarer than others (In the Black Talon for example: Juggernaut Chest and Legs very rarely ever drop, however Juggernaut Gloves, Boots and Shield seem to drop all the time, you get one of these almost every run-through).

However it does seem more often than not that you get identical drops if you keep playing through the same flashpoint with the same party (Maybe Bioware built it this way to discourage equipment farming?) - To counter this you ether need to change out a party member for a new one or run another (different) flashpoint in-between runs.

It also helps to keep changing the leader around so the instance belongs to someone different each time.
Im sorry, explain the upside of discouraging equipment farming.
You are very welcome to use my referral link.
With this you get 7 days of free subscription,a free character transfer and nice items mailed to all your characters. The referral helps both new, returning and current players!

Click here for 7 days of free subscription a free character transfer and more