Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith pureblood called slave ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith pureblood called slave ?

ProsaicProse
06.06.2012 , 06:16 PM | #11
Hmm yea, as mentioned by someone else... I believe the ancient sith purebloods actually had a caste (grotthu caste?) for slaves, or so I read. I suppose it's possible the slavery might have been passed down through the generations as well, even without the inquisitors storyline excuse.

Swirk
06.07.2012 , 02:23 PM | #12
It doesn't make sense. The fact that Sith put other Sith into slavery is irrelevant. That was before the empire, where Sith are considered god tier because of their force sensitivity. A force sensitive Sith would literally never be made a slave in the Empire. One without such a connection to the force however, rare as they are, could be, because they are pretty much seen as dirt. Obviously though a forceless Sith could not be an Inquisitor, so yeah.

Katahn
06.08.2012 , 06:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Swirk View Post
It doesn't make sense. The fact that Sith put other Sith into slavery is irrelevant. That was before the empire, where Sith are considered god tier because of their force sensitivity. A force sensitive Sith would literally never be made a slave in the Empire. One without such a connection to the force however, rare as they are, could be, because they are pretty much seen as dirt. Obviously though a forceless Sith could not be an Inquisitor, so yeah.
There is no reason a pureblood couldn't be sold into slavery or start off as a slave until discovered to be Force Sensitive and sent to Korriban for training. There are any number of ways this could happen - here are two off the top of my head.

* Parents might not have been Force sensitive and they were slaves. Being born of slave parents makes you a slave in the Empire without exception.

* Purebloods aren't actually purely the original sith species - it is possible that the outer visible sith traits started manifesting themselves later in the person's life, coinciding with their manifesting Force sensitivity. By the time they arrive on Korriban they look fully pureblooded.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Forgon
06.08.2012 , 06:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Katahn View Post
There is no reason a pureblood couldn't be sold into slavery or start off as a slave until discovered to be Force Sensitive and sent to Korriban for training. There are any number of ways this could happen - here are two off the top of my head.

* Parents might not have been Force sensitive and they were slaves. Being born of slave parents makes you a slave in the Empire without exception.

* Purebloods aren't actually purely the original sith species - it is possible that the outer visible sith traits started manifesting themselves later in the person's life, coinciding with their manifesting Force sensitivity. By the time they arrive on Korriban they look fully pureblooded.
Not even. If you follow the Sith Inquisitor bloodline, it makes sense since following the plot reveals Kallig's heritage to you.

Since the current Sith Empire is founded on the original Sith Empire, and disgraced, broken, or humiliated families were enslaved by more powerful Sith bloodlines, it is very likely (considering the role of the Sith Inquisitor) that all of Kallig's bloodline was enslaved to keep their will broken and prevent the family from uprising.

Another answer is that since Sadow was so thorough in eradicating Kallig's records, he probably tried destroyuing his bloodline too. The Sith Inquisitor's ancestors, perhaps just one child, was given to slavery to save him from wiping out their family entirely.

It is a good rp story. I do not think of BW caving to community demands when it is simply leaving an option open that makes complete sense in the overall plot.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.