Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sith pureblood called slave ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith pureblood called slave ?

Donnadarco's Avatar


Donnadarco
01.12.2012 , 03:58 PM | #1
why am i called slave in start zone of sith inquisitor as sith pureblood ?

First npc tells me i shouldnt think that im special because of my background.

Next moment he calles me slave.

im certain this is somthing devs missed out ?

I can understand other races called "slaves" but not the origins...

hobofett's Avatar


hobofett
01.12.2012 , 04:01 PM | #2
You know the text that rolls up on the screen at the beginning?

Hint: Read it.

Sort of tells you (and by sort of i mean EXACTLY) how you became a slave. Suffice to say your pureblood family did something very silly indeed and faced horrible punishments. You were spared because of the force sensitivity.
The Ewoks will rise and under my rule will invade the galaxy!

So sayeth I Darth Grub, the universe's ONLY Ewok Sith Lord!

Jellison's Avatar


Jellison
01.12.2012 , 04:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Donnadarco View Post
why am i called slave in start zone of sith inquisitor as sith pureblood ?

First npc tells me i shouldnt think that im special because of my background.

Next moment he calles me slave.

im certain this is somthing devs missed out ?

I can understand other races called "slaves" but not the origins...
He was being mean because, when you signed the form to board the shuttle to korriban you also signed the paper that, in microscopic print, of course, sells you into sex slavery.

So yeah.

Don't ride shuttles.
Flagging and getting flagged, all day every day.

Jadedfate's Avatar


Jadedfate
01.12.2012 , 04:32 PM | #4
Because before launch they decided to let people play Pureblood Sith as Inquisitors..it originally was not supposed to be a racial choice for them. Obviously the story was already written and dialog set. I personally feel they shouldn't have caved to the people asking that they be allowed to play one with the slave storyline of the Inquisitor..should have left the Pureblood out of it as it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Natarii's Avatar


Natarii
01.12.2012 , 04:59 PM | #5
It makes perfect sense for a Pureblood to be a slave. The original Sith race was divided into a very strict caste system of Nobility, Commoners, and Slaves. The entire Sith race themselves were also enslaved by the conquering dark jedi. Over many generations of intermingling, the pureblood race basically has become a 'mixe-blood' race, as there are essentially NO 'true' purebloods left. Hierarchy in the empire still exists and purebloods can be slaves just as easily as anyone else, it just so happens that most purebloods are also force sensitive, and thus get channeled through Korriban to become Sith (organization) or die. And so it maybe uncommon for a pureblood to be enslaved in our timeline, but certainly not game-breaking or lore-breaking. A non-force sensitive Pureblood holds no more position in the empire than any other 'alien' as ForceUsers>Humans>Aliens in empire hierarchy.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

Adam_g's Avatar


Adam_g
01.19.2012 , 01:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
It makes perfect sense for a Pureblood to be a slave. The original Sith race was divided into a very strict caste system of Nobility, Commoners, and Slaves. The entire Sith race themselves were also enslaved by the conquering dark jedi. Over many generations of intermingling, the pureblood race basically has become a 'mixe-blood' race, as there are essentially NO 'true' purebloods left. Hierarchy in the empire still exists and purebloods can be slaves just as easily as anyone else, it just so happens that most purebloods are also force sensitive, and thus get channeled through Korriban to become Sith (organization) or die. And so it maybe uncommon for a pureblood to be enslaved in our timeline, but certainly not game-breaking or lore-breaking. A non-force sensitive Pureblood holds no more position in the empire than any other 'alien' as ForceUsers>Humans>Aliens in empire hierarchy.
This ^^

tbh thats why i chose a twilek for my inq, seeing as they and zabrak under a rule by the emperor were only supposed to be slaves and not be able to advance, but the war has caused a desperate time for the empire so they need all the force users they can muster.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
01.19.2012 , 02:22 PM | #7
Given what the Inquisitor finds in the Dark Temple, doesn't it almost make more sense to be a Sith Pureblood?

Phyreblade's Avatar


Phyreblade
01.19.2012 , 03:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam_g View Post
This ^^

tbh thats why i chose a twilek for my inq, seeing as they and zabrak under a rule by the emperor were only supposed to be slaves and not be able to advance, but the war has caused a desperate time for the empire so they need all the force users they can muster.

Haha, I play all my force users as Twileks so as to avoid wearing hoods with my armors.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

atheelogos's Avatar


atheelogos
01.19.2012 , 06:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadedfate View Post
Because before launch they decided to let people play Pureblood Sith as Inquisitors..it originally was not supposed to be a racial choice for them. Obviously the story was already written and dialog set. I personally feel they shouldn't have caved to the people asking that they be allowed to play one with the slave storyline of the Inquisitor..should have left the Pureblood out of it as it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
I agree. They should have stuck to their guns on that. They could have added an expansion with the pure-blood feature later down the line. Doing it now just throws everything off...
"Crime is common. Logic is rare." Arthur Conan Doyle

“There’s nothing more elusive than an obvious fact.”

DFenderOfMen's Avatar


DFenderOfMen
06.06.2012 , 05:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
It makes perfect sense for a Pureblood to be a slave. The original Sith race was divided into a very strict caste system of Nobility, Commoners, and Slaves. The entire Sith race themselves were also enslaved by the conquering dark jedi. Over many generations of intermingling, the pureblood race basically has become a 'mixe-blood' race, as there are essentially NO 'true' purebloods left. Hierarchy in the empire still exists and purebloods can be slaves just as easily as anyone else, it just so happens that most purebloods are also force sensitive, and thus get channeled through Korriban to become Sith (organization) or die. And so it maybe uncommon for a pureblood to be enslaved in our timeline, but certainly not game-breaking or lore-breaking. A non-force sensitive Pureblood holds no more position in the empire than any other 'alien' as ForceUsers>Humans>Aliens in empire hierarchy.
You lost me when you said that Pureblood would be considered alien. First off didn't someone already mention that someone tells you not to be proud of your heritage? Next, it is kind-of part of the lore that the Pureblood is considered = to if not > humans in the empire (remember that one mission on Korriban where you scan Sith overseers, and the Sith dude who sends you on the mission says that he is going to go to the Emperor himself to request Nazi genetic "cleansings" on the members of the Sith Order because of a lack of "the Blood" amongst their ranks