Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Telekinetic Throw animation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
Telekinetic Throw animation

Jswizzle
01.12.2012 , 10:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiroie View Post
My hope was that as the Sage levels, his or her TK throw pebbles increase in size. That way we know it's not just pelting pebbles at someone, but maybe even rocks. Something that hurts xD
A flurry of even the smallest pebbles into your face will leave you unrecognizable. It will hurt, really badly.

Gepetto
01.15.2012 , 12:02 AM | #12
Throw is the only spell animation that bothers me.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees at a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." - HK-47

TaintedSquirrel
01.15.2012 , 01:35 AM | #13
I don't know who thought throwing pebbles was a good idea.
Sure, mechanically it's fine, but seriously... pebbles? We're the laughing stock of the entire game because of that stupid spell.

I would rather just throw bursts of air (like mini-Disturbances) repeatidly, instead of a stream of pebbles.

Jswizzle
01.15.2012 , 02:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TaintedSquirrel View Post
I don't know who thought throwing pebbles was a good idea.
Sure, mechanically it's fine, but seriously... pebbles? We're the laughing stock of the entire game because of that stupid spell.

I would rather just throw bursts of air (like mini-Disturbances) repeatidly, instead of a stream of pebbles.
I doubt we are the laughing stock. Not with the Warzone numbers we can put up. Telekinetic throw is a great spell. Especially in PVP. Nobody cares if it doesn't look as cool as lightning, when it's killing them

Claymaniac
01.15.2012 , 10:19 AM | #15
I enjoy it, its funny and its also one of my main offensive skills. And no, I haven't had anyone seriously "laugh" at me for shooting a pebble stream.
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

Bankingclan
01.15.2012 , 10:53 AM | #16
I personally love this animation, whilst hating the animation of force lightning.

Big beam of crazy purple yarn mess..... ugh...

It's one of the reasons Im going balance as my sage, cos I know I can spam the better looking throw. If I went sorc Id have to go lightning.

Nyerion
01.15.2012 , 12:37 PM | #17
I actually like to imagine my jedi carring around a bag full of little stones he finds while walking on the countryside. And then killing some sith lord using only that bag full of pebbles.
Who needs a lightsabre anyway? I mean sure you can kill things with it, but it isn't as humiliating.

Henu
01.15.2012 , 05:03 PM | #18
i like the move but the cast action could look a bit better.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

Nimfu
01.19.2012 , 02:21 AM | #19
I dislike it in its entirety. It feels very misplaced in both realism as well as lore wise.

Its like :

Pulls the metal up from the floor...and throws it!

Channels the force into a physical manifestation and throws it!

Unsheathes lightsaber and throws it!

Points at the enemy and pebbles appear out of nowhere and throw themselves!

VonSoot
01.19.2012 , 06:57 AM | #20
It is a horrible animation. Play a Sorcerer:
Lightning > Rocks
Master Soot Starbeard
Jedi Sage, 7/18/16
<Feds> Republic of the Death Wind Corridor