Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New RP'er

enabledgamer
01.12.2012 , 02:45 PM | #1
So for awhile now I have been debating on whether or not to make a character on an RP server. I mean I like RP'ing
so how could it go wrong? Well there is only one real problem I can see.. And that is that there is too big of a
selection to choose from server wise. I am an East-coast player, and I would like to know which server would be best to join.
Kath Hound, Lord Adraas, Rubat Crystal, Sanctum of the Exalted, Shien, The Ebon Hawk, Jung Ma, Ven Zallow

I have no preference on PvP or PvE, it doesn't matter to me. I would just like to deal with less grievers. Friendlier the better.

Additional Information:

[Republic]
[Character Bio #1]
[Name: Unknown]
[Class: Smuggler, Gunslinger]
[Race: Twi'lek]
[Color: Blue or Green] (Idk need help on this lol xD)
[Crafting: Armstech, Scavenging, Slicing (or Investigation, but I would rather Slicing)]
[Back Story: Currently being made..]

[Republic]
[Character Bio #2]
[Name: Unknown]
[Class: Jedi Knight, Guardian]
[Race: Mirialan]
[Color: Light Green]
[Crafting: Biochem, Bioanalysis, Diplomacy]
[Back Story: Currently being made..]

Cassiecat
01.12.2012 , 03:13 PM | #2
Before 10-20 people jump in here with hands waving, all screaming, "Pick me! Pick me!", I'm going to suggest that you try the following:

Create a throw-away level 1 Republic character on 2-3 of the servers, /cjoin their ooc channels and ask the people there how the RP seems to them - what their opinions are. If one of the communities feels like a fit to you, there you go!

You can find ooc channel info in various server threads.

Good luck!
Ebon Hawk
Brydence - Counselor / Cathlean - Inquisitor
Destrie - Smuggler / Ambrielle - Bounty Hunter
Unsanctioned

enabledgamer
01.12.2012 , 03:13 PM | #3
Okay, thank you for the help =)

kaoticdrake
01.12.2012 , 06:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cassiecat View Post
Before 10-20 people jump in here with hands waving, all screaming, "Pick me! Pick me!", I'm going to suggest that you try the following:
^ Best response to one of these threads ever! Mainly because it's so true that I laughed.
To be one with the Force you must understand yourself and how your power reflects your nature.

goneawayting
01.12.2012 , 07:36 PM | #5
Since we are not getting server forums from BW you could try **********.com/content an unofficial forum page, see if anyone from the rp servers are active there, or start your own thread, find people to rp with. But the suggestions to try 2-3 (or more) till you find a good fit is a good bet.
Namadii Corridor server:Jyrrat, and Jyrat

goneawayting
01.12.2012 , 07:44 PM | #6
I don't see the edit option.. Anywho there is also the unofficial rp server forum site: http://www.swtor-rp.com/ I haven't checked it out but another option
Namadii Corridor server:Jyrrat, and Jyrat

Ulnaris
01.12.2012 , 08:20 PM | #7

Create a throw-away level 1 Republic character on 2-3 of the servers, /cjoin their ooc channels and ask the people there how the RP seems to them - what their opinions are. If one of the communities feels like a fit to you, there you go!

Good luck!
/agreed
Ulna - Lethan Twi'lek Female
Property of House Andel.
Lord Adraas - EMPIRE......

Damon_Mott
01.13.2012 , 02:14 PM | #8

Good luck!
That's what we (our guild) did during our early start time before we chose Sanctum.
The Outer Rim Criminal Alliance:
A Heavy-RP Sith Crime Syndicate
Click here to Join!

MsChevious
01.13.2012 , 03:20 PM | #9

Good luck!
Very true

I also want to add that you should do this during your normal play times. I've noticed these channels tend to have RP in bursts certain times of the day, so make sure the time you play is active.
Member of the Vrook Lamar RP server? Come introduce yourself on our Vrook Lamar Community Website!

DuchessOfKvetch
01.13.2012 , 03:58 PM | #10
I don't think RP servers have -less- griefers. Just weirder players.
EBON HAWK: "They must have put something in our water"
Visit the Ebon Hawk RP server forum www.ebon-hawk.com and our FaceBook page
Find me as: Anjela, Taloe, Sandoval (all Empire side, baby)
Bartle Score: Socializer: 87%, Explorer: 73%, Killer: 40%, Achiever: 0%