Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Single panel Webcomic

MBillard
02.04.2012 , 03:04 PM | #61
These are great! The capture the essence of a lot of things in game. I have a suggestion for a comic:

Picture a female Sith Inquisitor wearing a Slave Girl outfit (from Nar Shaddaah), looking very annoyed. A robe is draped somewhere in scene. Caption: "NOW can I wear pants?"

This is a reference to the Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular classes that have very few pant options.
-Mike
"Retreat, Hell, we just got here!" -Lloyd W. Williams

Pontius_Morgan
02.06.2012 , 03:50 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by iRouven View Post
Very nice, I officially name you my favorite Swtor comic guy! Comes with a little badge
My Webcomic
Gaming News

LizardSF
02.06.2012 , 04:16 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Pontius_Morgan View Post
On dealing with mob aggro:
Bloody perfect.

Sometime during the end of beta, I remember something like this:
Me:"So, isn't it a little odd that the guys in the factory are standing around while I massacre them? I mean, isn't someone going to say, 'Hey! He shot Bob! Let's get him!'"
Someone else in chat:"Maybe nobody liked Bob."
Me:"Hm. OK, that makes sense."

(I occasionally ponder how you could do a 'realistic' handling of aggro that was anything other than 'the entire damn area converges on your position as soon as the screams of the dying and your explosive ordnance echo through the compound'. No answers yet, but I suppose someone will solve it. )

Before someone starts going on about how it's all WoW's fault... I remember in EQ, after a bad fight that wasn't a wipe, we huddled in a corner healing and buffing and waiting for mana to regen, all the while staring at some mobs standing just across the room, staring at us, and we were wondering just how close we could get before they'd aggro...
MrLizard.com: All-new material for tabletop RPGs (mostly D&D 4e), occasional rants, and original science fiction and fantasy.
Why the developers haven't fixed that bug yet!
Don't be a looser -- read Grammar For Gamers

Pontius_Morgan
02.06.2012 , 04:26 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by LizardSF View Post
Bloody perfect.

Sometime during the end of beta, I remember something like this:
Me:"So, isn't it a little odd that the guys in the factory are standing around while I massacre them? I mean, isn't someone going to say, 'Hey! He shot Bob! Let's get him!'"
Someone else in chat:"Maybe nobody liked Bob."
Me:"Hm. OK, that makes sense."

(I occasionally ponder how you could do a 'realistic' handling of aggro that was anything other than 'the entire damn area converges on your position as soon as the screams of the dying and your explosive ordnance echo through the compound'. No answers yet, but I suppose someone will solve it. )

Before someone starts going on about how it's all WoW's fault... I remember in EQ, after a bad fight that wasn't a wipe, we huddled in a corner healing and buffing and waiting for mana to regen, all the while staring at some mobs standing just across the room, staring at us, and we were wondering just how close we could get before they'd aggro...
lol, that's kinda what led to this comic. One way I could see this working is if the mobs are divided into sections, or fire teams, per area. That is, if you enter an area, intelligent mobs would sound an alarm and other defense points would go into battle stations. All the while, Alpha team would be dispatched to eliminate the threat. When(if) you die, you buff up and heal up in a safe area and make your way back.

It's a bit sketchy, I know, and needs work, but Hell, I don't play games for realism, I just make fun of it as a way to cope.
Very nice, I officially name you my favorite Swtor comic guy! Comes with a little badge
My Webcomic
Gaming News

Pontius_Morgan
02.07.2012 , 11:53 PM | #65
Ohhh Khem Val, how you frustrate me sometimes.

http://www.theminionslayers.com/comi...-07-devour.png
My Webcomic
Gaming News

Zagoner
02.09.2012 , 11:57 AM | #66
Love your work alot , They always me me laugh. Keep at it!
I also agree with the aggro thing, My trooper and Aric will be spraying bullets at a target, Whilst a big group of mobs are behind us like nothing happened.

'Loud gunfire'
"Hey, Did you hear something?"
'Slurps cup of coffee' "Nope"
Combat Medic, At Your Service.

TheKillerCF
02.09.2012 , 12:51 PM | #67
The Khem Val one may be the funniest thing i've seen all day.

Lukeia
02.09.2012 , 03:00 PM | #68
Love your comic! I return to it every week or so to see if there's anything new. Always makes me laugh!

Pontius_Morgan
02.09.2012 , 09:01 PM | #69
Thanks for all the support and compliments, it makes it that much more enjoyable to create these interpretations.
My Webcomic
Gaming News

Pontius_Morgan
02.10.2012 , 08:28 PM | #70
My Webcomic
Gaming News