Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Single panel Webcomic

LizardSF
02.01.2012 , 12:44 PM | #51
This may be too specific to be generally funny, but one quest on, I think, Balmorra, had you finding an imperial officer, lone survivor of his murdered platoon, yadda yadda, and he was all grim and determined to fight on despite his crippling wounds, and you agree to go plant some detonators or override some systems or otherwise "kill a bunch of things and click on some glowing objects"[1], so that he'll agree to crawl back across the blasted ruin to get the help he needs and survive...

...except...

Less than 30 feet away, just around a corner, is a medical droid/respawn point.

It looks like the quest designers and the zone designers were just a BIT out of sync. I understand perfectly how this happens; at some point in development or testing, they figured they needed a respawn point nearer to the hub of so many quests, etc. It's pretty common when hundreds of people are working on a project and no one can see every aspect of it. But it's still funny.

[1]I tease, but with affection. There's only so many actions an MMO can track, especially if you want server responsiveness, and the thing I really love about SWTOR is that the story, voice acting, etc, gives a lot more context to "Kill ten rats" than the many, many, many, other MMOs I've tried. As much as I loved EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, and others, I never logged off and spent time wondering what was going on with thus-and-such NPC or if I'd ever see so-and-so again in another quest... and I do with SWTOR. Win.
MrLizard.com: All-new material for tabletop RPGs (mostly D&D 4e), occasional rants, and original science fiction and fantasy.
Why the developers haven't fixed that bug yet!
Don't be a looser -- read Grammar For Gamers

Pontius_Morgan
02.02.2012 , 01:25 PM | #52
Another player suggestion, as mentioned, this is pretty common in all video games. Safety standards in these worlds are all but ignored, after all, why does safety matter when you carry enough explosives to level a city or run with a laser sword?

http://www.theminionslayers.com/comi...2-02-osha_.png
Quote: Originally Posted by iRouven View Post
Very nice, I officially name you my favorite Swtor comic guy! Comes with a little badge
My Webcomic
Gaming News

Pontius_Morgan
02.02.2012 , 01:29 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by LizardSF View Post
This may be too specific to be generally funny, but one quest on, I think, Balmorra, had you finding an imperial officer, lone survivor of his murdered platoon, yadda yadda, and he was all grim and determined to fight on despite his crippling wounds, and you agree to go plant some detonators or override some systems or otherwise "kill a bunch of things and click on some glowing objects"[1], so that he'll agree to crawl back across the blasted ruin to get the help he needs and survive...

...except...

Less than 30 feet away, just around a corner, is a medical droid/respawn point.

It looks like the quest designers and the zone designers were just a BIT out of sync. I understand perfectly how this happens; at some point in development or testing, they figured they needed a respawn point nearer to the hub of so many quests, etc. It's pretty common when hundreds of people are working on a project and no one can see every aspect of it. But it's still funny.

[1]I tease, but with affection. There's only so many actions an MMO can track, especially if you want server responsiveness, and the thing I really love about SWTOR is that the story, voice acting, etc, gives a lot more context to "Kill ten rats" than the many, many, many, other MMOs I've tried. As much as I loved EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, and others, I never logged off and spent time wondering what was going on with thus-and-such NPC or if I'd ever see so-and-so again in another quest... and I do with SWTOR. Win.
I would agree that there may be some disconnect, but, You are the hero in this world. Imagine how lost everyone would be if your character didn't exist.
Very nice, I officially name you my favorite Swtor comic guy! Comes with a little badge
My Webcomic
Gaming News

GreenLionPilot
02.03.2012 , 01:47 AM | #54
I have one:

On Nar Shaddaa, I was doing my class quest there with my companion Aric Jorgan, when we reached the Red Light District, I didn't notice that Aric commented on the place, saying that he sees Neon Lights are everywhere and it hurts his eyes.
"Fame can get pretty freaky sometimes."
PIDGE, Voltron Force

RisCasse
02.03.2012 , 08:03 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Pontius_Morgan View Post
Another player suggestion, as mentioned, this is pretty common in all video games. Safety standards in these worlds are all but ignored, after all, why does safety matter when you carry enough explosives to level a city or run with a laser sword?

http://www.theminionslayers.com/comi...2-02-osha_.png
This totally killed me. I'm an engineer and I might have to print this out to hide in my office. Awesome, awesome, awesome my friend!

Kyus
02.03.2012 , 08:29 AM | #56
these are truly brilliant! well done good sir!

I was wondering about a concept regarding equippable gear that has a dark/light score cost.
I could picture a Jedi eyeing up some new gear on a stall, with a dark side point cost, with his other hand outstretched having knocked some poor kids ice cream onto the floor.
Kyus - Gunslinger - The Katarn Legacy
Hand of Blood
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU PVP

LizardSF
02.03.2012 , 08:33 AM | #57
What the last poster said got me thinking.... given how DS/LS reward items are mostly cosmetic.... I have this image of a female Jedi/Sith, perhaps in tasteful underwear, looking at a closet split between "Dark Side" and "Light Side", with a caption along the lines of "Rarely has it been so easy to see the full consequences of abstract moral choices and ethical dilemmas"

Or anything else that plays with the idea of "Do I massacre the innocents, or do I show mercy? Well, which option gets me cooler clothes?"
MrLizard.com: All-new material for tabletop RPGs (mostly D&D 4e), occasional rants, and original science fiction and fantasy.
Why the developers haven't fixed that bug yet!
Don't be a looser -- read Grammar For Gamers

Kyus
02.03.2012 , 08:35 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by LizardSF View Post
What the last poster said got me thinking.... given how DS/LS reward items are mostly cosmetic.... I have this image of a female Jedi/Sith, perhaps in tasteful underwear, looking at a closet split between "Dark Side" and "Light Side", with a caption along the lines of "Rarely has it been so easy to see the full consequences of abstract moral choices and ethical dilemmas"

Or anything else that plays with the idea of "Do I massacre the innocents, or do I show mercy? Well, which option gets me cooler clothes?"
maybe a female sith buying an item, with some credits in one hand and an electrified person in the other saying do you accept cash or charred
Kyus - Gunslinger - The Katarn Legacy
Hand of Blood
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU PVP

Pontius_Morgan
02.03.2012 , 09:43 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyus View Post
maybe a female sith buying an item, with some credits in one hand and an electrified person in the ever saying do you accept cash or charred
AHAHAHAHAHA, that one is great! I may have to work that up
, no, I WILL have to work that one up.
My Webcomic
Gaming News

Pontius_Morgan
02.03.2012 , 02:32 PM | #60
http://www.theminionslayers.com/comi...02-03-cash.png

Thanks for the great suggestions! Keep em coming!
My Webcomic
Gaming News