Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bleeding - what kind of damage?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Bleeding - what kind of damage?

crimsonki
09.04.2012 , 04:04 PM | #11
You got bad info then. Malice (6% force crit chance) DOES effect both deadly saber DOT's and Rupture DOT's. Deadly Saber even counts as a "Force Attack" in-game. However deadly saber applies VIA melee skills that are white damage. *IF* melee attack was successful the yellow internal damage will follow-through. It crits just fine for me considering my melee crit is 18% when my force crit is around 30% take into account Juyo Mastery upp'ing the total of force crit chance by 3% per 1 stack of juyo for an extra 15% force crit chance that stacks with base chance AND malice. It works as intended.

LightAndShade
09.04.2012 , 09:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by crimsonki View Post
You got bad info then. Malice (6% force crit chance) DOES effect both deadly saber DOT's and Rupture DOT's. Deadly Saber even counts as a "Force Attack" in-game. However deadly saber applies VIA melee skills that are white damage. *IF* melee attack was successful the yellow internal damage will follow-through. It crits just fine for me considering my melee crit is 18% when my force crit is around 30% take into account Juyo Mastery upp'ing the total of force crit chance by 3% per 1 stack of juyo for an extra 15% force crit chance that stacks with base chance AND malice. It works as intended.
I'm assuming you are posting in response to me.

You said DS counts as a "Force Attack" in-game. What is your evidence for that claim?
DS isn't an actual attack. It is a skill that creates the potential for internal/elemental damage to occur. That potential is triggered by weapon attacks. Therefore the only 'attack type' here is a weapon attack. The yellow internal/elemental damage that occurs as a result of the weapon attack is just that, damage. It is just 'output', and not a new 'input' attack type of its own.