Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's started already...

ninoss
01.12.2012 , 03:08 PM | #11
I prefer having 4 classes to. Won't kick anybody on that, but I'm trying to make my groups this way.

Apart from reasons stated already it's also 4 buffs. And that's the most important reason for me.

It doesn't matter on most HM fights much, apart from making stuff asier and thus - faster. It does matter on Revan tho, where any kind of advantage is welcome.

trotsky_tor
01.12.2012 , 03:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Velyss View Post
So don't run with them? Problem solved.

I think the worst that I've seen was a BH rolling need on a vibroblade for Mako with 2 IA's in the party. Now that guy I kind of wanted to kill.
was that on Dark Reaper by any chance?

Alithyra
01.12.2012 , 03:41 PM | #13
I have nothing against doing it for "4 different positions" if that's their goal. But all classes have at least 2 different roles they can fill with ACs, so I don't see that's really beneficial, but each to their own.

I'm referring to groups where people have literally said they aren't inviting another of their class because they want "such and such" drop.

I go with 2 other commandos, know full well I have a small chance of getting stuff, but don't drop out because of it. Even passed on a pair of boots that gave a big END boost but only a small aim one as I thought the Vanguard would be more appropriate to need than a healer (of course that bit me in the bum, I lost the rolls on the subsequent gloves and weapon )

And to whoever asked what made me think this community would be any different from any other MMO - well, that's all I've heard people saying in chat in beta and in live (well that and "speak English in chat!!!") about how much better we all are than other games - so they must be right, right?

And I don't run with them, I've not been in such a group just saw some around on the Republic fleet chat. So this isn't a bitterness post, I was just saddened by it. I'm old school, maybe I cling on to the past too much

trotsky_tor
01.12.2012 , 03:46 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Alithyra View Post
And to whoever asked what made me think this community would be any different from any other MMO - well, that's all I've heard people saying in chat in beta and in live (well that and "speak English in chat!!!") about how much better we all are than other games - so they must be right, right?
Every MMO community thinks it's better than every other MMO community. They're all equally terrible once retail hits :P

dipstik
01.12.2012 , 03:53 PM | #15
im probobly misunderstanding the OP.

whats wrong with making a group with all 4 classes? i typically try to do this in order to ensure no two are competing for the same gear, myself included. i dont kick ppl or say in general im looking for anyone then kick ppl that are the same class, i msg ppl of a class in which im interested.

Alithyra
01.12.2012 , 04:02 PM | #16
Nope, I don't think you're understanding me at all dipstik, just seeing the same thing differently

ValaxDarkseer
01.12.2012 , 04:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Alithyra View Post
Less than a month into the game, it's already happening.
The ultimate example of "Loot above all"
4 man "LFG" flashpoint teams being organised as "class runs"

1 Knight, 1 consular, 1 smuggler, 1 commando
Or more often, a case of "I will have nobody of the same class as me in my group"
And on a RP server too.

Even back when I played "the MMO that must not be named", I never saw that sort of behaviour on something as trivial as a levelling 5man.

Saddened.
So your mad because people are being smart?

I could just imagine you leading a raid guild. Prolly roll in there with 5 tanks, 1 DPS, and a healer.

QiBao
01.12.2012 , 05:04 PM | #18
It's happening already: people butthurt because other people are playing the game how they like to play!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Lazzerswords
01.12.2012 , 05:12 PM | #19
I do this also. Flashpoints take a good amount time ( like foundry) and the xp you get from a flashpoint is not that great. why run a 45 min dungeon only to lose one pc of gear that drops to another?

Everybody is happy cus they dont have to roll against anyone else. this makes for a happier run overall

MrPopo
01.12.2012 , 05:28 PM | #20
The flipside is that if you have one of each base class you don't run in to the situation our group tends to, where we have an op, bh, and two inquisitors and get nothing but warrior loot.