Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's started already...

Alithyra
01.12.2012 , 02:30 PM | #1
Less than a month into the game, it's already happening.
The ultimate example of "Loot above all"
4 man "LFG" flashpoint teams being organised as "class runs"

1 Knight, 1 consular, 1 smuggler, 1 commando
Or more often, a case of "I will have nobody of the same class as me in my group"
And on a RP server too.

Even back when I played "the MMO that must not be named", I never saw that sort of behaviour on something as trivial as a levelling 5man.

Saddened.

mcfabulous
01.12.2012 , 02:32 PM | #2
thats odd how anyone could be that way considering the complete lack of need for gear via quests giving you bis.

Zorpen
01.12.2012 , 02:33 PM | #3
In that kind of situations i wish those players to get a group where ppl roll need even if they dont
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.

Skaara
01.12.2012 , 02:34 PM | #4
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Did you really think it would be any different on a star wars game.

Skaara
01.12.2012 , 02:35 PM | #5
*dam double posting ... fix your forums Bioware.

Velyss
01.12.2012 , 02:37 PM | #6
So don't run with them? Problem solved.

I think the worst that I've seen was a BH rolling need on a vibroblade for Mako with 2 IA's in the party. Now that guy I kind of wanted to kill.

ManOSteal
01.12.2012 , 02:39 PM | #7
frankly I'm seeing about getting a group of people together where we all play nothing but troopers and level together. Only a**holes do what your talking about. Black list them then move on I've already told my guild about one dude that none of them will ever group with because he rolled need on a purple that neither of us could use for an alt. It is one of the firm reasons we need server forums is so we can black list people and teach them to be a better person.
ị█ị██████iiΘịị█ị_|\███████████DAMN THE MAN SAVE THE EMPIRE███████████)

RocNessMonster
01.12.2012 , 02:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alithyra View Post
Less than a month into the game, it's already happening.
The ultimate example of "Loot above all"
4 man "LFG" flashpoint teams being organised as "class runs"

1 Knight, 1 consular, 1 smuggler, 1 commando
Or more often, a case of "I will have nobody of the same class as me in my group"
And on a RP server too.

Even back when I played "the MMO that must not be named", I never saw that sort of behaviour on something as trivial as a levelling 5man.

Saddened.
So people want to make a perfect party? Four classes, four team positions. If your really that concerned over people doing it for loot, what about someone just choosing four troopers to be guaranteed trooper drops? Even with a perfect party, you might be unlucky enough to only ever see guardian drops.

stickss
01.12.2012 , 03:02 PM | #9
Start your own group then, instead of crying on the forums.

Mantang
01.12.2012 , 03:07 PM | #10
We don't do this on purpose but my guild group is a Shadow/Vanguard/Guardian/Scoundrel. In the past few days even though we've not indicated it we've always ended up with a variation of the class we are missing if one of us isn't there.