Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armstech - completely worthless

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Armstech - completely worthless

jeinasindorei
01.13.2012 , 08:40 AM | #11
I just want a barrel that is equivalent to the Tier 2 or 3 PvP/PvE weapons that I can put in my awesome orange rifle.
Remember kids, punctuation is the only thing that separates "Let's eat, Grandma!" from "Let's eat Grandma!"

QuickSaveTV
01.13.2012 , 08:40 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SWG-Finny View Post
Shoulda rolled two biochems....
LOL!!! I'm really sorry I understand your frustration, Im a Armstech myself, but the final conclusion is just so funny.

Anyway, on topic, I think they should really overhaul Crafting mechanics as right now I feel easily replacable person with my silly barrels...
Be sure to check out my YouTube channel if you have a moment!
If you like it, please subscribe to support my work!
QuickSaveTVSmug [50] The Shadow Runner

QuickSaveTV
01.13.2012 , 08:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
Is this true?
A good response would be much appreciated because i have a lower level alt and have decided to learn Armstech, so if it is indeed worthless as you claim it to be it's better for me to change while i have it relatively undeveloped.

The alt i am talking about is Bounty Hunter so advice for another crafting profession would be also much appreciated.
Maybe making armor?
Just listen what everyone says - BIOCHEM. Biochem is new SWTOR Bible. I'm not going to give up my Armstech, it grew in too many tears and pain to just reset it like this. I'll just wait and keep hoping they will address these ideas later down the road.
Be sure to check out my YouTube channel if you have a moment!
If you like it, please subscribe to support my work!
QuickSaveTVSmug [50] The Shadow Runner

StycianLeo
01.13.2012 , 08:43 AM | #14
Armstech is primarily useful for supplying your other alts with weapons if you decide to roll a BH or an IA; while leveling most of the schematics you unlock for weapons arent't worthwhile because you outlevel them so fast even if you have the purple schematics. On the other hand,if you obtain the purple schematics for the barrels they can be useful as you level up to endgame.

But once you reach end-game the barrel mods aren't worth it because you can run Ilum dailies for the top tier barrel mods. The high level schematics that you do get our outclassed by raid and pvp gear as well so Armstech at this point is in poor repair which is unfortunate since I leveled it to 400 already and have mainly been relegated to making low level gear for friends and alts and selling the mid-level mods on the GTN for a meager profit.

traverk
01.13.2012 , 08:44 AM | #15
Dumped Armstech yesterday and picked up Armormech instead, and already got my epic Rakata bracers/belt craftet. So glad I finally made the choise!

Vlacke
01.13.2012 , 08:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by StycianLeo View Post
Armstech is primarily useful for supplying your other alts with weapons if you decide to roll a BH or an IA; while leveling most of the schematics you unlock for weapons arent't worthwhile because you outlevel them so fast even if you have the purple schematics. On the other hand,if you obtain the purple schematics for the barrels they can be useful as you level up to endgame.

But once you reach end-game the barrel mods aren't worth it because you can run Ilum dailies for the top tier barrel mods. The high level schematics that you do get our outclassed by raid and pvp gear as well so Armstech at this point is in poor repair which is unfortunate since I leveled it to 400 already and have mainly been relegated to making low level gear for friends and alts and selling the mid-level mods on the GTN for a meager profit.
Thank you for your reply sir.

As for Biochem, i won't take it because there will obviously be a moment when all other crafting skills are improved and made more useful at top level, when i don't know, but it will definitely happen.

I can see a legion of people who dropped all their other skills for Biochem regretting their decision when it happens.

StycianLeo
01.13.2012 , 08:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
Thank you for your reply sir.

As for Biochem, i won't take it because there will obviously be a moment when all other crafting skills are improved and made more useful at top level, when i don't know, but it will definitely happen.

I can see a legion of people who dropped all their other skills for Biochem regretting their decision when it happens.
One can only hope that crafting will be addressed by the developers in the future as I'm sure they are aware of the flaws in the current system based on all the threads that have been cropping up; I'm fairly confident that once they are addressed alot of the people who rerolled to biochem are going to regret their decision but as of right now I can't fault them for taking the initiative and taking the skill that has the most benefits in game now that slicing has been reset to it's current metrics.

saido
01.13.2012 , 09:53 AM | #18
How has anyone found armstech for leveling? I understand that all crafting other than biotech (I have one) becomes redundant at 50.

I'm not the fastest leveler and have several alts and I'm using armortech at the moment to help give my characters edge which is working quite well. I do encounter enemy players in OPVP on Tatooine for example and have held up against them even though they're a few levels higher.

Musing adding an armstech alt to support my IA / BH and companions -- is it worth doing?
- Saido -
Saido (Bounty Hunter) | Geden (Marauder) | Arkada (Sniper)
REIGN

Sivlar
01.13.2012 , 11:50 AM | #19
It's ok for leveling, but once you hit 50 it quickly becomes useless. I have Armstech at 400 and only use it to make lvl35-47 barrels to sell to people's alts on the GTN, that is about the only thing this skills is useful for.

The top purple barrels you can make are not as good as the ones you pick up on Ilum for a handful daily commedations.

The only orange guns I have found you can make are lvl 48, require a BoP crafting material and are not as good as the Flashpoint/Raid/PvP gear. So they are worthless.

Any blue or purple gun you can make is also worthless as it has no mod slots and you quickly out level it.

Shotguns/Vibroknives are broken and you cannot reverse engineer them into blues/purples at all. Even if you could, the one you buy with Centurion tokens is probably going to be better and it doesn't cost very much.

You can make purple lvl 50 techstaffs/techblades if you take the ridiculous amount of time and money its takes reverse engineer them. I've not seen any Orange techstaff/techblades on commedation vendors, only orange vibroblades and electrostaffs. So anyone who wants the best techstaff/techblade for their companion that uses them has to get them from someone with armstech. That however is a very niche market.

saido
01.13.2012 , 11:57 AM | #20
Cheers for the input. I have some orange guns the mods are expensive to buy and when I have. I'd end-up with a blue loot gun that turned out better. Could just be my level -- but cash around L25 is hard to come by and with that speeder license to buy... I figured if made some blues and some purples then that extra-edge in OPVP encounters might help and WZs when the brackets come in.

I've left crafting to Alts and Biotech on the main. If they fix crafting I can always level up the alts to a more complete level.
- Saido -
Saido (Bounty Hunter) | Geden (Marauder) | Arkada (Sniper)
REIGN