Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Mormack
01.12.2012 , 08:38 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by Ninyania View Post
I wonder if that remote render DLL holds the code linking the two SWTOR.exe processes together - one for the main game, the other doing the rendering. Technically, that'd be "remote" rendering, just the "remote" side is on the same computer.

Sorta like running a web server and a web browser on the same 'puter.
most likely, since this game's Graphics engine in most likely ancient since the last code drop Bio did with HeroEngine was in 2007, we don't have multithreading or anything in this game. Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that this is probably as good as we are going to get because their coding is ancient.

Zezel
01.12.2012 , 08:41 PM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkanovi View Post
http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/he...eets-starwars/

"We showed the game to our friend Gordon Walton. We had known Gordon for many years, back in the days when he worked for Kesmai, our late great competitor. Gordon had since been with Sony for its Star Wars Galaxies game among other places. He knows games, especially online games.

Not only did we show him the game, but because Gordon knew us so well we showed him the development tools we had built around our special process – building the game online, in realtime, with tools for the entire team all in one package.

“I need this,” said Gordon. “I am about to start a special project and these tools will let us build and prototype fast and get something running in a hurry.” Gordon is not an excitable guy by nature but this had his adrenaline flowing. “This is just what I need! I want to license your engine.”

We had thought about offering our engine and tools to developers but we had expected that we would have to actually ship a game first, like Epic did with Unreal Tournament before they licensed the original Unreal Engine.

It’s not productized yet,” we told Gordon. “There are whole sections of code that is only roughed in and not optimized for performance or security. And there are very few comments and very little documentation.”

He didn’t care. “We are going to have tons of engineers. We can finish it ourselves. We’re going to want to modify your source code for our special project anyway.”

Straight from the game engines website.

Zezel
01.12.2012 , 08:44 PM | #643
Quote: Originally Posted by Mormack View Post
most likely, since this game's Graphics engine in most likely ancient since the last code drop Bio did with HeroEngine was in 2007, we don't have multithreading or anything in this game. Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that this is probably as good as we are going to get because their coding is ancient.
Anyone confirm beta had two SWTOR.exe running? Any screenshots?

Harower
01.12.2012 , 08:45 PM | #644
Oh my wife and I have plans to jump aboard the next game that takes our fancy.

We waited for this game forever, so excited. We are both diehard sw fans and mmo players. But this game was not what we expected or wanted.

So in meantime I try and push for changes in order to have this game what we both hoped.

Right now with no endgame, no trade skill market, and different shades of blury earth colors for gear we wont be staying.

I wish this was not the case, it sucks to see her so crushed and disappointed. She came from SWG though..... in her words the xbox community has taken her world lol.
Best swtor picture EVER!!!
http://imgur.com/zgTKy
Mass effect 3 summed up in a single picture
http://i.imgur.com/xDaDH.jpg

Mackuss
01.12.2012 , 08:46 PM | #645
Guys we need to go to the company and bug them about this. Stephen Reid is just a messenger.
while(horse.State == dead)
{
horse.beat();
}

AnotherJaggens
01.12.2012 , 08:46 PM | #646
Quote: Originally Posted by mArchangel View Post
Hi BioWare,
Thank you, Mark. At least someone share my opinion that as paying customer we are automaticly entitled to graphics we've seen in advertising. I'd sign under every word.
Bioware I request these following graphics modes:
1) Low
2) Medium
3) Advertisement Mode

Quirnheim
01.12.2012 , 08:48 PM | #647
Those baby names in the credits and sound quality were MUCH more important then actually giving us high res textures!

BW, I'm disappointed in you. Went into the TOR car dealership for a luxury car, got a lemon that doesn't work half the time instead.

Oh, and your salesman Stephen Reid stole my coffee and then spit in it.
"What's this? Shakin' down travellers?"
Zadren
33 Powertech
Lord Adraas

Mackuss
01.12.2012 , 08:50 PM | #648
Quote: Originally Posted by Mormack View Post
wait...are you serious....? SWTOR doesn't multi thread? You got a source?
while(horse.State == dead)
{
horse.beat();
}

Khechari
01.12.2012 , 08:50 PM | #649
Quote: Originally Posted by mArchangel View Post
We dont need new content!
You had me up until there^, then you lost me
Bioware I request these following graphics modes:
1) Low
2) Medium
3) Advertisement Mode

mArchangel
01.12.2012 , 08:51 PM | #650
Quote: Originally Posted by Harower View Post
Oh my wife and I have plans to jump aboard the next game that takes our fancy.

We waited for this game forever, so excited. We are both diehard sw fans and mmo players. But this game was not what we expected or wanted.

So in meantime I try and push for changes in order to have this game what we both hoped.

Right now with no endgame, no trade skill market, and different shades of blury earth colors for gear we wont be staying.

I wish this was not the case, it sucks to see her so crushed and disappointed. She came from SWG though..... in her words the xbox community has taken her world lol.

Yup! Same here as posted a little earlier. I heard some similar console comment from my wife. LOL And rightly so. Yet this is a PC production with an engine that does not even allow AA natively? Gotta has to have been developed for consoles since console users give a rat's *** about AA but it's the biggest market. Go figure! Money let's it down again, does it not? The problem is I cannot justify spending hours on a game without my partner - she would loose the plot and rightly so.
'If all children would mature according to early indications, the world would be full of geniuses.' - J.W. v.Goethe