Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

DarkReagan
01.12.2012 , 12:21 PM | #21
Here's my solution. Buy an ATI card open catalyst control center and turn mipmap all the way up. Also you can easily force the AA. My 4800 series card is running far better than I expected.

JonnyFS
01.12.2012 , 12:22 PM | #22
New Trailer for patch 1.1 im sure my game doesnt look like that when i am playing.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...elo/2#comments

lol, i hate to beat a dead horse. i bought a new High end PC to play this with all the bells and etc on. All i get is muddy graphics also.

MrScopey
01.12.2012 , 12:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by leetlazzy View Post
Bump! They need to stop making up their mind on what my PC can handle, i'll make that decision myself!
its not that our pcs cant handle it, its just that their engine cant

PJEBarlow
01.12.2012 , 12:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rophez View Post
Can we get a response as to why you are still marketing the game with textures and settings that are impossible to achieve with your live client?

See today's press pack at MMORPG.com for an example.
Urgh. I am happy to hear they are looking in to it, I am even happy to wait and see what they produce in 1.2 when it is eventually on the live servers, but this is a joke. No need for them to rub salt in to the wound by continuing to depict the game in this completely untrue manner.

The picture of the two Jedi and the trooper in that article made me and I'll be disappointed if we're never able to play with that level of detail now that it's been advertised as such.

AnotherJaggens
01.12.2012 , 12:23 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkReagan View Post
Here's my solution. Buy an ATI card open catalyst control center and turn mipmap all the way up. Also you can easily force the AA. My 4800 series card is running far better than I expected.
This won't fix my problem with armor detalisation, which i believe I've paid already.

Xzenorath
01.12.2012 , 12:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkReagan View Post
I'm running AA 16x on my 42" HDTV at 110 FPS and the textures still look like ****. Metal still doesn't reflect light the way it should. "CHROME" armor doesnt look like chrome, but rather dull steel. Reflective visors look like black & green plastic.

AA doesn't make textures better, it just makes diagonal lines smoother.

Archetypee
01.12.2012 , 12:24 PM | #27
Horribly disappointing. This was the number one thing I was looking forward to.
-Archetype, 41 Assassin

DarkReagan
01.12.2012 , 12:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AnotherJaggens View Post
This won't fix my problem with armor detalisation, which i believe I've paid already.
Fixed mine. Armor detail sucks without it on and is much better with it on. Dunno why but it is.

Aisar
01.12.2012 , 12:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnyFS View Post
New Trailer for patch 1.1 im sure my game doesnt look like that when i am playing.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...elo/2#comments

lol, i hate to beat a dead horse. i bought a new High end PC to play this with all the bells and etc on. All i get is muddy graphics also.
I did too. SWTOR was suppose to be the next big smash with the best or at least many of the best tools and gameplay ideas that rocked from other MMOs. I bought a 800 dollar computer ($1000+ if I had not kept my old graphics card, however I ran out of money) because I felt the investment would be returned. Boy am I the biggest sucker currently living on this planet.
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

Anoni
01.12.2012 , 12:24 PM | #30
I only read the quote from SR, so I may have missed something, but it seems to me they could simply make a flag in one of their ini files that enables hi-res 24/7, but there is no way to change it from the game. That way only people that specifically know what they are trying to do can turn it on.