Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Megaloz
01.12.2012 , 12:12 PM | #11
I just wanted to say, i played Everquest 2 when it came out in...what 2004? They had a TON of graphic options. And guess what, they not only had Low, Medium, High....but even EXTREME! And guess what...take a guess.

NO ONE back then could run EQ2 on Extreme Graphics with full shadows on! NO ONE! Did that stop them from having those incredible detail textures and graphics then? NO! Did that destroy the game and backlash itself because people could not run it?! NO!

All it did is gave people something too look forward too....man one day, ill have a pc that can run those graphics...oh man its going to be sooooo sweet! (and for High on TOR, people can run it fine!)

Cmon BIOWARE! You are showing laziness and complete fear in your game, loosen up already, you already put in enough limits in character creation...UI...Guild...graphics...etc...

BTW....EQ2 textures, a game from 04....looks ALOT better then SWTOR!

Stigas
01.12.2012 , 12:12 PM | #12
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone "contacted the BBB" over an MMORPG launch.
S'tigas \\ Iron Citadel

Merex
01.12.2012 , 12:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by rophez View Post
can we get a response as to why you are still marketing the game with textures and settings that are impossible to achieve with your live client?

See today's press pack at mmorpg.com for an example.
This. But you know they'll never own up and comment on that.

Eliteslave
01.12.2012 , 12:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AnotherJaggens View Post
Sixth post, looks like issue is an issue for paying customers.
Issue indeed

Threefiddie
01.12.2012 , 12:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone "contacted the BBB" over an MMORPG launch.
or the words ... class action....

Culveren
01.12.2012 , 12:16 PM | #16
Bump for more support! Bioware Fix this ASAP please!

Xzenorath
01.12.2012 , 12:18 PM | #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rophez
Can we get a response as to why you are still marketing the game with textures and settings that are impossible to achieve with your live client?

See today's press pack at MMORPG.com for an example.
This

I mean seriously, what the ****. I built and purchased 2x 1600$ cpu's for the wifey and I when I saw the graphics at PAX and during beta, watching all the high rez trailers with the trooper's amazing reflective visor. I ASKED Bioware reps during Pax East what was running in their machines and they all said the game ran smooth on their GeForce 580's... the graphics looked awesome!

Now my game runs at 110 FPS with black, matte, horrible visors. What the ****? Then the cutscenes take off and my armor is shiny, my visor is reflective, I look beastly... back to gameplay and I look like I'm wearing a cardboard helmet with a black plastic visor you can't even see through.

Get your **** together Bioware, this is seriously pissing me off. It's bad enough I have to watch grass literally grow as I run through a field, at least give me high rez textures and let me worry about running it at a stable 60+ FPS.

P.s: What's with the LEGO shadows?

Aisar
01.12.2012 , 12:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
Are you saying that simply because no one actually does it? Or do you believe that this is not a big enough issue to make that kind of threat? Just curious, I don't especially care I just want to know where that comment came from.
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

leetlazzy
01.12.2012 , 12:20 PM | #19
Bump! They need to stop making up their mind on what my PC can handle, i'll make that decision myself!

AnotherJaggens
01.12.2012 , 12:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Xzenorath View Post
What's with the LEGO shadows?
That's it! We are actually playing LEGO Star Wars The Old Republic!
Anyone, check retail game box. There must be small red logo to the left of "Star Wars".