Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

iraqcombatvet
01.12.2012 , 01:27 PM | #141
In all of my time gaming, over 10 years now. I have never, never, never seen so much confusion and misdirection on low-med-high settings. How hard is it? People who have low end computer run on low and med settings. And the people with high end machines run the game on high settings. Is that hard to create. You did it in beta, what's the problem now? I am so pissed off right now.

TheRealMadJack
01.12.2012 , 01:28 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Kachief View Post
Well... again....here is a lvl 28 alt i just took a SS.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011213174.jpg/

What? whats wrong? show me because i dont see a problem.
Then sir, I think you might be blind. Check the coloring on your armor. It looks like diluted crap.

Khechari
01.12.2012 , 01:28 PM | #143
I just saw the Rise of the Rakghouls Pictures and trailer they're advertising, and I'm infuriated by the false advertisements!

At first I was just disappointed at the incompetence of them being unable to fix this before release, and felt a little betrayed that I didn't get the game I thought I was going to get. Then I was mad at how they deceptively handled the situation. Yesterday I was pissed about their carefully chosen words addressing the issue in such a non-committal way. Now, after seeing those ads, I'm just purely infuriated.

Blatant false advertisement.

Kenze
01.12.2012 , 01:29 PM | #144
http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Prop_buckets

i wonder if the problem could be with the buckets. Toward the end of beta they removed the ingame option slider to control these "graphical buckets".. are these buckets similar to this remote rendering some of you talk about?
RASCZAK: You. Tell me the moral difference, if any, between the citizen and the civilian?
JOHNNY: The difference lies in the field of civic virtue. A citizen accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic, of which he is a member, defending it, if need be, with his life. The civilian does not.

Angelshooter
01.12.2012 , 01:30 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkulin View Post
Me too mate, I have paid for

this
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6...rholotrick.jpg

and I got

this
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9...eholotrick.jpg

But I used to get stomped and you can lead me thirsty across the water, I will be obeying little happy camper and keep paying for halfproduct and praise my master.
these pics pretty much say it all.

Aisar
01.12.2012 , 01:30 PM | #146
I was actually -thinking- about resubscribing for one reason, there is nothing else I want to play right now.

With this....criminal behavior by Bioware however, I do not know if I can pay for a sub and not feel like a complete and utter Tool.
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

Jounar
01.12.2012 , 01:30 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by MrScopey View Post
the reason why bioware are saying this isnt an overnight fix - which is totally is, just more than likely a .ini change, is because the hero engine is awful and cannot handle it. meaning they need loads of time to fix this pos engine they have used.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Considering the outrage over the issue and the bad press it gaining on other websites you would think adding the high res option back in would be a priority and not require months to add in a setting that was taken out. My money is on the Hero engine being the main cause of the problem and nothing at all to do with the players hardware.

Hell even the high res textures while nice and not even remotely cutting edge graphics with many other non instanced MMOs having much better and more detailed graphics.

Rekreant
01.12.2012 , 01:30 PM | #148
Anyone have any developer mailing addresses?

ItsTheDale
01.12.2012 , 01:31 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Khechari View Post
I just saw the Rise of the Rakghouls Pictures and trailer they're advertising, and I'm infuriated by the false advertisements!

At first I was just disappointed at the incompetence of them being unable to fix this before release, and felt a little betrayed that I didn't get the game I thought I was going to get. Then I was mad at how they deceptively handled the situation. Yesterday I was pissed about their carefully chosen words addressing the issue in such a non-committal way. Now, after seeing those ads, I'm just purely infuriated.

Blatant false advertisement.
I pointed this out in one of the threads regarding the trailer about how it was in high res textures and what happens i come back to the forum and i have a warning from the mods ! so glad i cancelled my sub for this game this games going to go down like the titanic.

Rophez
01.12.2012 , 01:31 PM | #150
So we aren't even allowed to mention the graphics about the new press packs being released anywhere but here (for instance talking about how the game footage showing the Rakghoul update doesn't reflect what is possible in the retail client in the actual thread talking about the update...), and they delete this thread every time it gets large.

I guess it's all about damage control and trying to keep everyone in the dark.
Bioware - Please stop advertising with high resolution textures if they are impossible to implement in the retail client.