Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Multiple's Avatar


Multiple
01.13.2012 , 02:46 PM | #1041
Quote: Originally Posted by AislingKerrigan View Post
This isn't worth demanding a refund over IMO. MMO engines are constantly in flux and this could be fixed within a few months. I don't want to lose my level 30+ characters over that.
Its a moral standpoint for me. If I show that I am willing to tolerate accepting a product that is completely not delivered upon as marketed, whats next?

If you bought a blue ray dvd and the quality of the movie on it was VHS, even though the TV advertisements were high quality, would you take it back and demand a refund? What if the original screening of that movie that you enjoyed was high quality in the theatre (beta) but the blue ray was not?

If you saw a fancy HDTV displayed at Best Buy and brought it home only to discover that HD resolution wasn't available (except on the vendor only floor model) on it for an unknown (if ever) period of time, would you be outraged and take the TV back?

Showing that you are willing to tolerate this sets a precident for it to continue. If you don't speak with your refund dollars and FTC false advertisement complaints, this will become the new standard.

Ommm's Avatar


Ommm
01.13.2012 , 02:50 PM | #1042
Quote: Originally Posted by AislingKerrigan View Post
This isn't worth demanding a refund over IMO. MMO engines are constantly in flux and this could be fixed within a few months. I don't want to lose my level 30+ characters over that.
It is moral standpoint. If everyone does this, it will be bad for business and games in general.
Besides that in my country there are laws for it.

I want to play swtor very much, but not under these circumstances.

So, i unsubbed already and probably gonna get my money back, too.
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.

Kraylessa's Avatar


Kraylessa
01.13.2012 , 03:06 PM | #1043
I don't have any expectation of getting a refund from GameStop, plus it would honestly a little unfair to GameStop if I tried. I do plan to "vote with my wallet" by cancelling my subscription, though.
If you stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face.

Ceonnyn's Avatar


Ceonnyn
01.13.2012 , 03:06 PM | #1044
Quote: Originally Posted by Multiple View Post
Its a moral standpoint for me. If I show that I am willing to tolerate accepting a product that is completely not delivered upon as marketed, whats next?

If you bought a blue ray dvd and the quality of the movie on it was VHS, even though the TV advertisements were high quality, would you take it back and demand a refund? What if the original screening of that movie that you enjoyed was high quality in the theatre (beta) but the blue ray was not?

If you saw a fancy HDTV displayed at Best Buy and brought it home only to discover that HD resolution wasn't available (except on the vendor only floor model) on it for an unknown (if ever) period of time, would you be outraged and take the TV back?

Showing that you are willing to tolerate this sets a precident for it to continue. If you don't speak with your refund dollars and FTC false advertisement complaints, this will become the new standard.
This post above sums it up for me perfectly. I feel ripped off.

priest's Avatar


priest
01.13.2012 , 03:09 PM | #1045
Quote: Originally Posted by Ommm View Post
It is moral standpoint. If everyone does this, it will be bad for business and games in general.
Besides that in my country there are laws for it.

I want to play swtor very much, but not under these circumstances.
Really????

The game is there...available to you to play. I would love to see you try to buy a PS3 game, play it, then try to return it to gamestop for full purchase price because you didn't enjoy it.

What a load of skubalon.
╬╬█]∎⌉()[█][\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╬┌ị∈-⋂Dị ∃ị└∈▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Multiple's Avatar


Multiple
01.13.2012 , 03:11 PM | #1046
Quote: Originally Posted by priest View Post
Really????

The game is there...available to you to play. I would love to see you try to buy a PS3 game, play it, then try to return it to gamestop for full purchase price because you didn't enjoy it.

What a load of skubalon.

He'd be well within his rights if the game offered was different than the one presented.

Ommm's Avatar


Ommm
01.13.2012 , 03:12 PM | #1047
Nvm me. To silly. Half ppl on this forums dont know their rights and what implications this misleading advertisment has for the market, if it goes through.
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.

tmpearson's Avatar


tmpearson
01.13.2012 , 03:13 PM | #1048
I can't believe how terrible the shadows are.

DX9!

Krimgor's Avatar


Krimgor
01.13.2012 , 03:15 PM | #1049
Quote: Originally Posted by AislingKerrigan View Post
This isn't worth demanding a refund over IMO. MMO engines are constantly in flux and this could be fixed within a few months. I don't want to lose my level 30+ characters over that.
lol, 30+, big dog. Anyways, point against that is, I've pretty much 'purped' out my 50, and its just unbearable to look at now, the high end gear looks amazing with the correct textures and shadowing/shading.

priest's Avatar


priest
01.13.2012 , 03:16 PM | #1050
Quote: Originally Posted by Ommm View Post
Using misleading advertisment like this breaks the law in my country im quite sure.
I would LOVE to see that argument that anything in the advertisement is 'misleading.' I can tell you that I've seen movies that aren't as advertised. If you see a crappy movie, you don't get your ticket price back...just don't go see the movie again. Suck it up, cupcake.
╬╬█]∎⌉()[█][\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╬┌ị∈-⋂Dị ∃ị└∈▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)