Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre Order in July, but no activation question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Pre Order in July, but no activation question

Ireland_Washit
12.14.2011 , 08:54 AM | #1
Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided for this question:

I pre ordered in July, but did not activate the game code until this last weekend. The order processed in July (I still have the email and order info on EA's site). What date should I be using to wait for my early access to the game, July or December?

Zelc
12.14.2011 , 08:55 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ireland_Wa**** View Post
Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided for this question:

I pre ordered in July, but did not activate the game code until this last weekend. The order processed in July (I still have the email and order info on EA's site). What date should I be using to wait for my early access to the game, July or December?
the date you redeemed the code on this website.

Isoxx
12.14.2011 , 08:55 AM | #3
December unfortunately.

DutchJack
12.14.2011 , 08:55 AM | #4
December. The system goes by when you entered your code.

Ireland_Washit
12.14.2011 , 08:58 AM | #5
Wow, that sux. Probably the worst pre-order methodology ever: relying on the customer to validate their order and then require the keycode for access. Hmmm. Oh well, that extra $5 was wasted.

As a follow up, can someone tell me if I should be using the game client to play the game or SW:TOR placeholder in the Origin app?

guruguy
12.14.2011 , 09:05 AM | #6
Everyone getting bent out of shape is not helping anything... Please take a deep breath and relax... pretend the game doesnt even exist till the 20th.

rolling this out is a monstrous tasks.. no other one this big has ever been done before..

stop complaining about early access and redemption codes and how the process sucks..

i found the process to be very easy... the instructions i received about redeeming my code was very clear, they even stated that it was important that you do that.

lets just enjoy the moment.. we have a collection of people with the same interest and we are all about to embark on a journey together.. lets just have fun...

Isoxx
12.14.2011 , 09:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ireland_Wa**** View Post
Wow, that sux. Probably the worst pre-order methodology ever: relying on the customer to validate their order and then require the keycode for access. Hmmm. Oh well, that extra $5 was wasted.

As a follow up, can someone tell me if I should be using the game client to play the game or SW:TOR placeholder in the Origin app?
Not sure what you mean about paying 5 dollars extra and why so many believe this. This was the pre-order deposit and was subtracted from the game price.

For example if you check your receipt, you should see something like..

Game -> 74.99
Preorder -> 5.00

But the game itself is actually supposed to be 79.99 so you paid the same as if you bought it retail on the 20th pre-ordered or not