Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My account appears to be broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
My account appears to be broken

Coktopus
12.14.2011 , 08:52 AM | #1
and customer service non-existant. I am trying very hard to resist going full on nerdrage over here but my emails go unanswered, the customer service phone line won't pick up and my early access code is not being recognized. The ball has officially been dropped.

I entered my early access code into the website on 7/25. It still is listed in my account as being activated. I have received the invitation to play. BUT I CANNOT LOG IN!!! The client says my account is not yet activated. Yet I have all the credentials...

Please fix my account Bioware. Or at least send me an email that you acknowledge my problem.
The elusive Coktopi has proven to be a hit at parties.

Sunsliver
12.14.2011 , 08:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Coktopus View Post
and customer service non-existant. I am trying very hard to resist going full on nerdrage over here but my emails go unanswered, the customer service phone line won't pick up and my early access code is not being recognized. The ball has officially been dropped.

I entered my early access code into the website on 7/25. It still is listed in my account as being activated. I have received the invitation to play. BUT I CANNOT LOG IN!!! The client says my account is not yet activated. Yet I have all the credentials...

Please fix my account Bioware. Or at least send me an email that you acknowledge my problem.
When did you receive your invitation to play email?

Coktopus
12.14.2011 , 08:56 AM | #3
Yesterday. Here is text copied from it...

"The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. Early Game Access* has started, and you can now begin your adventure. To start playing, click on the button below and follow the steps outlined on the page. Welcome to your Star Wars™ saga."

Seems to me that is a clear invitation to play the game.

Twinheadache
12.14.2011 , 08:58 AM | #4
I have gone around the block with support on this type of issue. My 2 year old acocunt I have is unable to login at all yet I get emails from SWTOR on updates and beta \ early access invite.

My account shows not to be validated, they had me go to this link and see if it would say it was validated.

http://www.swtor.com/user/validate/initiate

So my account is broken, unable to add the account again, it says the email is already in the system yet I can never change the password or login.
--==CATHARSIS==--
"Weakness,be purged."
16-Player Progression Raiding | EST PVE | Light RP | Casual PvP | 18+
Guild HQ | Recruitment Thread | Homepage | Guild Forums

Coktopus
12.14.2011 , 09:01 AM | #5
Well, thanks for the link... i used it. Let's see what happens.

i bet I don't get any email from them either.

Aieny
12.14.2011 , 09:02 AM | #6

I know it may sound odd, but try recovering your password. Also, make sure you have 5 security questions on file -- check your account page. Then. Check under Code Redemption and see if there is a line for "ready to play"; note that us "play", not "patch". If you see "play", your account is enabled for Early Access. If not, then somehow you either got the email when you weren't supposed to or your account hasn't been properly registered for Early Access.

Coktopus
12.14.2011 , 09:06 AM | #7
Thanks, i have recovered my password, entered the security question and I have these lines in my code notes:

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.
12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play
11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
07.25.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

I can download the client under the Pre-Order section

Kameis
12.14.2011 , 09:08 AM | #8
Yesterday. Here is text copied from it...

"The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. Early Game Access* has started, and you can now begin your adventure. To start playing, click on the button below and follow the steps outlined on the page. Welcome to your Star Wars™ saga."

Seems to me that is a clear invitation to play the game.

Did you fill in your personal details and 5 security questions?

What client are you using? Remember that if you did not participate in 25-28 nov beta weekend or the final beta test weekend in december, you will need to uninstall the old client and download the new one.
JEDI MASTER KAMEIS

My saga began: 14 December 2011
Tester: 25-28 November 2011 Beta Test Weekend & 2-4 December Final Beta Test Weekend

Twinheadache
12.14.2011 , 09:10 AM | #9
Good luck, your at least able to login and see your account. Support might be able to help you if your password recovery did not fix it.
--==CATHARSIS==--
"Weakness,be purged."
16-Player Progression Raiding | EST PVE | Light RP | Casual PvP | 18+
Guild HQ | Recruitment Thread | Homepage | Guild Forums

Coktopus
12.14.2011 , 09:53 AM | #10
Do any members of Bioware post to these sites?