Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fathers of Taris - Death Trap?

Stalkerh
01.12.2012 , 10:04 AM | #1
So I was in a great 4 person heroics group on Taris last night. We basically destroyed the heroics there all night long... until Fathers of Taris, that is. We were all level 35-37.

The first spawn killed us! It wasn't so bad when there were 3 strong commandos, but then 3 elite commandos spawn after aggro, and it's basically game over from there. We managed to kill all but one of the first spawn, so we were able to clean up that plus the 3 adds post-rez.

The worst part is the rest of the spawns are exactly like that... you start with 3-4, and then get adds to make it 6. We eventually completed the quest, but not without dying at least once for each commando spawn.

It seems to me the DPS these spawns of 6 do is way above what it should be. You're basically required to have at least 2 60-second CCs (one is not enough as we found out) to reduce their DPS to the point where an appropriately-leveled group can handle it. I've never seen this kind of thing elsewhere in the game.

Has anyone else had issues with this quest?

urborror
01.12.2012 , 10:13 AM | #2
I remember getting wiped on that a couple times. I think we approached from the opposite side and somehow that helped (like the other mob is wimpier, and the commandos still rope down but the mob is doable.) We died a few times.

brickymann
01.13.2012 , 02:44 AM | #3
All i can say you had badly geared tank, sure even with good geared tank ( [proper stats that is ) you take quite a beating but it`s not that hard, 1st time i did it i was 35 and our tank was 36, we didn`t use any cc`s but just good old fashion tank n spank, you gotta remember to use your cds, when i tanked it myself at 36 i died just one on the last pull before the boss due to the fact that my cds were a bit off and we just went for it, and that was the only death in the grp, it`s all about how you approach it and with what people, use your 2 second stuns or w/e, it helps. Medpacks are there for you.

Stalkerh
01.13.2012 , 11:14 AM | #4
I think in our instance it was a tank issue. The tank was trying to play like a DPS