Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it possible to upgrade game purchase without losing my place in line

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Is it possible to upgrade game purchase without losing my place in line

Mistwraithe
12.14.2011 , 08:51 AM | #1
I was wanting to upgrade my game type to deluxe from standard but I was told by origin if I did this I would lose my place in line for early game access. Is this true?

Mistwraithe
12.14.2011 , 08:53 AM | #2
*bump*

boothek
12.14.2011 , 08:56 AM | #3
Actually I called Origin and they said I had to call Bioware as Bioware handles Billing.

Mistwraithe
12.14.2011 , 08:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by boothek View Post
Actually I called Origin and they said I had to call Bioware as Bioware handles Billing.
And with the huge influx of customer service calls I can not get ahold of a live person to speak with at BW. /facepalm

killaghost
12.14.2011 , 09:01 AM | #5
I dont think you do because I kind of went through a similar problem. I had the digital deluxe edition and redeemed my pre order code. And than a week later canceled my order and got the CE and was worried about the same problem. I contacted bioware to ask if i needed to put in my new pre order code and they said no since I already pre ordered one code that would be my code for early game access and they would not drop it. I hope that helps if not send me a message and I will go into more detail.

Freyaldo
12.14.2011 , 09:03 AM | #6
I doubt you will loose your place in line, if you don't put any code to your account.
Since your account already have pre-order code, adding a new one can hurt your place in line.
Theoretically you should be able to cancel your pre-order and still have early acces, but than you loose access at 20 dec till you redeem any game code. (normal, DDE or CE)
Unsure if origin purchases are different though so I'm not 100% sure.

boothek
12.14.2011 , 09:04 AM | #7
I had called Origin to try to upgrade from Digital Standard to Digital Deluxe and they said I needed to call Bioware.

benseac
12.14.2011 , 09:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistwraithe View Post
I was wanting to upgrade my game type to deluxe from standard but I was told by origin if I did this I would lose my place in line for early game access. Is this true?
You can buy the digital upgrade pack which will give you the digital version extras. Since it's an extra purchase, it should have no bearing on your place in line. However, unless I'm wrong (and I very well could be), you have to wait until you get the retail version. I tried to upgrade yesterday and it kept telling me I had to enter a product code. I think this is different from the EGA codes they sent out.

TomWhiting
12.14.2011 , 09:07 AM | #9
You won't lose your place in line.
The way the early access code works is this:
You order
Company sends you code
You enter code

Now, if, say you entered the code for SE, but upgraded to DE, that's not a problem. You can ONLY enter one code (it can't be removed, etc, etc, etc), so this will go from the code you entered.

I had the same concern as I originally upgraded my SE to CE via amazon, asked the same question in the right place (support email), and they said exactly what I just said. You won't lose your place, no worries there whatsoever.