Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can we stop with the one-tank ops fights?


DarthBroom's Avatar


DarthBroom
01.12.2012 , 02:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by rigormortua View Post
Dual spec is the thing that will drive this game into the ground. you picked a path now play it. That concept is kinda like RL we cannot do everything so why should be diffrent!!
Dual spec is for peps who want their cake and eat it to..
Yeah. They took all the ****** old features of WoW and kept them. Dual talent specs. makes fore heightened amusement. But instead BioWare basically say, we want this game to be more tedious!

$300 million and they got another Rift. Since VA won't matter at end-game, it was a nice touch while doing your class mission but in most cases a timesink that you just 'spaced' through.

Beastfury's Avatar


Beastfury
01.12.2012 , 02:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBroom View Post
Yeah. They took all the ****** old features of WoW and kept them. Dual talent specs. makes fore heightened amusement. But instead BioWare basically say, we want this game to be more tedious!

$300 million and they got another Rift. Since VA won't matter at end-game, it was a nice touch while doing your class mission but in most cases a timesink that you just 'spaced' through.
Dont touch Rift. It had/has awesome MMO core. I am still not sure why i stoped playing it, outside major T2 nerf and lack of story.

Antipiety's Avatar


Antipiety
01.12.2012 , 03:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beastfury View Post
Dont touch Rift. It had/has awesome MMO core. I am still not sure why i stoped playing it, outside major T2 nerf and lack of story.
I'll take a guess and say its probably because mashing 2-3 macros that queue all your skills blow? But yah Rift like Swtor has good potential just need devs that take endgame in the right direction and single tank fights sure as hell aint it.

Spruit's Avatar


Spruit
01.12.2012 , 10:26 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by rigormortua View Post
Dual spec is the thing that will drive this game into the ground. you picked a path now play it. That concept is kinda like RL we cannot do everything so why should be diffrent!!
Dual spec is for peps who want their cake and eat it to..
He didn't mean being able to switch between advanced classes, he meant to switch between specs in your advanced class and not have to respec every day or so to be able to raid and do FPs. If the raiding only requires 1ish tank per run and FPs need about 4 tanks to get 16 people from a guild geared, then they should definitely add dualspecs into the game.

Trayne_'s Avatar


Trayne_
01.12.2012 , 10:39 PM | #15
We do hardmode EV with 2 tanks (8 and 16 man) and meet all enrage timers. It's especially helpful on soa. Tell your ranged dps to step it up and dish out more dps.
Lvl 50 Mercenary
Daragon Trail
<Thirsty>
www.Thirstytor.com

tehdonno's Avatar


tehdonno
01.12.2012 , 11:28 PM | #16
I was fearing that this would happen. Only ran 8-man so far, very tough to get a spot for hardmode raids as a tank. Especially since I came in a bit late to the guild and they already have their core of 8-10 people they run. Tank being probably the most important role does not make it any easier.

If it's the same in 16-man the outlook for my powertech does not look brilliant =/

Nitewolfe's Avatar


Nitewolfe
01.12.2012 , 11:37 PM | #17
My view is that all group content should stay constant with group make up.
So
4 man flash points need 1 tank 1 healer 2 dps.
8 man zones should need 2 tanks 2 healers 4 dps
16 man zones should need 4 tanks, 4 healers 8 dps

If the devs had used this design there would be very little reason for respeccing and you never have to Sit one role to bring in another role. I have never understood why these games have different group make ups for all the levels of content.

It is silly for a guild to do all the content they have to carry more than needed for end game.
As some one else said a guild needs 4 tanks for flash points but then raiding kicks in and you only need 1 or 2 tanks..

I do not want to see dual specs.. What i want to see is content that is designed around proper group make up.

When i first started playing these games for pve many years ago i wanted to be a tank. I leveled great because every one wanted me in there single group content. Then i wanted to do raiding....Only to be told by many guilds that all there tank spots were filled and i could be a fill in when needed. Fact is most guilds have their main tanks spots solidly filled and they guard those spots closely!

Pentharian's Avatar


Pentharian
01.12.2012 , 11:54 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitewolfe View Post
My view is that all group content should stay constant with group make up.
So
4 man flash points need 1 tank 1 healer 2 dps.
8 man zones should need 2 tanks 2 healers 4 dps
16 man zones should need 4 tanks, 4 healers 8 dps

If the devs had used this design there would be very little reason for respeccing and you never have to Sit one role to bring in another role. I have never understood why these games have different group make ups for all the levels of content.

It is silly for a guild to do all the content they have to carry more than needed for end game.
As some one else said a guild needs 4 tanks for flash points but then raiding kicks in and you only need 1 or 2 tanks..

I do not want to see dual specs.. What i want to see is content that is designed around proper group make up.
... So you ever thought of Software design? Could be in your future ... Could be an asset to the BioWare team.

... They could be sending people to your house right now to squash your ideas with bullets ...

galgoz's Avatar


galgoz
01.13.2012 , 10:04 AM | #19
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is absolutely no reason to do HM FP. The gear that drops is worthless and you can easily do regular OPs with the gear you hit 50 with and get better loots than the FP.

This brings up another problem. There is nothing to do besides raid and we full clear both in one night. PvP is not my thing which is why I am on a pve server and fp take longer than an OPs run and drops inferior loot.

Then last night we go into HM EV and the first boss won't come out to play.

I quit.

swpoop's Avatar


swpoop
01.13.2012 , 10:26 AM | #20
I agree with the OP.

When we were planning classes for release and end game raiding, we went around the "fourish" tank model.

However, even on 16 man, you truly only need 1 tank speced player. Even bosses that you use two tanks on like Soa, or pylons, this can be accomplished by a dps switching to a tank stance/buff.

The problem now is how are they going to design future end game content. I would think you could do a lot more from a development standpoint by having fights designed around more tanks. However, adding those now, will cause some sense of frustration in the community because of lack of need so far. Guilds will either need to go back and regear, recruit, or worse force re-roll people to fill out their raid slots.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ Θ