Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Republic Vs. Empire


DarkestDaemon's Avatar


DarkestDaemon
01.16.2012 , 06:00 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Auxili View Post
So you're ignoring what the sith did to encourage the jedi to try to wipe them out?

That's like nazis saying "They came in and destroyed our city for no good reason! What arseholes We're the victims!"
Reading over it... it seems Sadow launched an assault on the Republic to conquer it when he was outnumbered. He lost and retreated, he was exiled from Sith space by Kressh and had no real allies left.

Reading some more... the Supreme Chancellor then ordered the complete destruction of Sith civilization. The Jedi destroyed artifacts, teachings, temples, etc. one Jedi in particularly stripped and severed the connection many Sith had to the Force.

I think you were off when you likened the Sith to the Nazis in this case.

Trooperclay's Avatar


Trooperclay
01.18.2013 , 10:30 PM | #32
I think that neither side can be absolutly perfect (Like that misspelling ) but the Republic has more "moral" ideals, whereas the Empire has less "moral" ideals, but it all matters in whos upholding the law...
For a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Empire...

Duduneco's Avatar


Duduneco
01.18.2013 , 11:03 PM | #33
On the matter of The Empire vs The Republic, The Empire wants to control the galaxy through force and oppresion while the Republic seek peace through freedom.

On the subject of Sith vs Jedi, The Sith simply want to embrace freedom in the force, but Freedom in the Force typically lead to the Dark Side. The Jedi, however, seek peace in the galaxy. But in Order to do that, they have to restrict the Jedi from most pleasantries, as it leads to the Dark Side.
So a neutron walks into a bar and asks,"How much for a drink?" The bartender says, "For you, no charge."

TheNegotiator's Avatar


TheNegotiator
01.21.2013 , 12:06 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
Reading over it... it seems Sadow launched an assault on the Republic to conquer it when he was outnumbered. He lost and retreated, he was exiled from Sith space by Kressh and had no real allies left.

Reading some more... the Supreme Chancellor then ordered the complete destruction of Sith civilization. The Jedi destroyed artifacts, teachings, temples, etc. one Jedi in particularly stripped and severed the connection many Sith had to the Force.

I think you were off when you likened the Sith to the Nazis in this case.
George Lucas used the Nazis as a model for the Empire in his writing

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.21.2013 , 07:04 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
George Lucas used the Nazis as a model for the Empire in his writing
he used popular, disfigured and based on propaganda model of Third Reich, not much connection with reality.

Empire illuminates with infinite wisdom of the Sith while republic rots from the inside thanks to scourge known as democracy and jedi actvities
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Flintfire's Avatar


Flintfire
01.21.2013 , 07:45 AM | #36
As a BH, I dont do what my faction wants all the time. If you are worried about morals, do BH, they dont get penalized nearly as much for doing their own thing as other classes.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 54
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 44
Krrayt Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55

Arutar's Avatar


Arutar
01.21.2013 , 08:21 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by ikomajedi View Post
Jedi would show compassion, Sith would obey the law.
I disagree. My undestanding:
A Jedi would show compassion within the boundaries of the law.

A Sith would do whatever he/she wants.

Also, Sith is not the same as "Empire" as well as Jedi is not the same as "Republic."

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.21.2013 , 08:42 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Arutar View Post
I disagree. My undestanding:
A Jedi would show compassion within the boundaries of the law.

A Sith would do whatever he/she wants.

Also, Sith is not the same as "Empire" as well as Jedi is not the same as "Republic."
Jedi scum show compassion beyond ramifications of law, they are binded by jedi code and if something that republic enforces is against their moral stupidity then they gonna refuse action

Sith, obey the law, only the most powerful and important can get away with crimes and regular ones wouldnt dare to do anything that would end their miserable lives
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.21.2013 , 06:06 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
Jedi scum show compassion beyond ramifications of law, they are binded by jedi code and if something that republic enforces is against their moral stupidity then they gonna refuse action

Sith, obey the law, only the most powerful and important can get away with crimes and regular ones wouldnt dare to do anything that would end their miserable lives
Hasn't been my impression of the Sith so far. More like they say it's the law, then act in their own way, believing they can get away with it due to massive egos.

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.21.2013 , 06:44 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Hasn't been my impression of the Sith so far. More like they say it's the law, then act in their own way, believing they can get away with it due to massive egos.
when and where? from my playthros I can say that in fact there was one such accident. Siths generally dont wander cities seeking for victims, they dont even abuse that much power, and comparing to regular soldiers who kill theyr subordinates for failures I would say that they are rather balanced. Of course that they kill each other from time to time to get a better title or just to get ride of those they dislike but that is purely Sith Code, official relligion of the Sith Empire.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.