Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stressful crafting, bring back 12 hrs missions.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Stressful crafting, bring back 12 hrs missions.

SWImara
01.12.2012 , 10:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
Why did you not ask for ability to queue missions?
I'd definitely prefer this solution, but I do agree with the OP that the current 1hr 10mins setting is more of a nuisance than anything else. No one is going to sit around crafting for hours so instead you queue your crafts and then go do something else. Why not make the crafting times longer and reward more materials?

Stathor
01.12.2012 , 11:41 AM | #22
I can understand what the OP is saying, it would be like, lets say you owned a store and had robots working for you that were only capable of doing 1 thing at a time and needed your instructions after every single task.
You wouldn't be able to get anything else done all day because of the constant interruptions and micro management.

Zilliztra
01.12.2012 , 05:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Stathor View Post
I can understand what the OP is saying, it would be like, lets say you owned a store and had robots working for you that were only capable of doing 1 thing at a time and needed your instructions after every single task.
You wouldn't be able to get anything else done all day because of the constant interruptions and micro management.
Well put.

Erliandur
01.12.2012 , 06:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Zilliztra View Post
Well let me just interupt here. I take Crafting quite seriously. That is why I have a small army of level 25 chars that is off on missions all the time. This is were the problem starts.

If I want to be as efficient as possible, then I have to spend more time logging between chars, than I do playing.

First off i need ALOT of materials inorder to get the 1176 base epics from level 49 (synthweaving), then we have not even talked about the level 50 patterns yet.
I make around 250-350 ciridium and nanosilk a day, and this comes close to covering the materials I need every day.

The main issue causing my problems is that the mission skills are very fast. I would pref a system where either a) I get much more out of longer missions, or b) a system where it takes alot longer to gather materials over-all.

Beeing able to que Missions is one solution, but I doubt that this will happen, as we had that dicussion in beta.

The whole concept of you crew working for you when you are logged out, gets midigated when all the missions are done very fast.

---
This is your own doing... none is forcing you to log on your 5 craft alts (main = the toon you currently quest with) every half hour or so. It is you who wants to play like that so make sure you enjoy it or do it different.

Zilliztra
01.13.2012 , 12:20 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Erliandur View Post
This is your own doing... none is forcing you to log on your 5 craft alts (main = the toon you currently quest with) every half hour or so. It is you who wants to play like that so make sure you enjoy it or do it different.
Well that can be said about any aspect of the game. e.g. Pvp balance is broken -> then dont pvp.

For some people, enjoyable crafting is every little bit as important as balanced competative pvp is for others.

KaiHeilos
01.13.2012 , 12:32 AM | #26
No

/5chars

Bethivus
01.13.2012 , 04:39 AM | #27
I really hope there is someone else out there that can see what I mean by this post. It is hard to remember, but this is a game. Money is not real. The problems are not real. People get all caught up in the economy, and gear and such and start feeling like they "have" to do something to "keep up" with the others. You don't have to constantly log into the game to check on it, unless you want to.

That is what ruined wow for me. Everyone rushing and making the game like a job. Sitting in one town, never going outside because they just queue for this and queue for that. This game is new. We actually walk around. When you are on your travels, its refreshing to see another player throw a hello heal at you as he goes along his way. Or meeting up to do a group quest. Not everyone cooped up in one town standing next to the mailbox. Clicking on queues.

Don't get me wrong. I am not telling anyone how to play. Everyone has their own style. But, please don't do this to Star Wars, man. Please don't take the fun out of the game for the rest of us with your economy how-to's, damage meters, add-ons and such. Pretty soon, someone will nerd it out and we will be "told" what to wear and how to play.

Why can't we just play?

Erliandur
01.13.2012 , 07:40 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Zilliztra View Post
Well that can be said about any aspect of the game. e.g. Pvp balance is broken -> then dont pvp.

For some people, enjoyable crafting is every little bit as important as balanced competative pvp is for others.
I enjoy crafting a lot, and it seems that you do toÖ but you donít enjoy to swapping alts every 5 min to send out on constant missions. Trust me then I say it is not needed. And it is also only yourself that force you to play like that. Take time to enjoy what you are doing instead of playing the game in a way you obviously do not like.

In case you wonder... I have an alt for every professions, but I donít rush them or their crafting since I fully expect this MMO to exist for some time. So whilst I might spend 3-4 hours occasionally just sending companions on missions (real missions no slicing junk), I also take time to enjoy the game and make sure to have a fun time.

JediMasterBelley
01.24.2012 , 05:59 AM | #29
I totaly agree with you, some mats are hard to get and I cant be in front of my computer all the time so we should be able to have longer mission and then wehen I get back from work I'd have something to do with it. And for the those who don't agree don't forget that its you frist who benefit from the crafting maniacs, it is them who craft better items that you can buy and use in the game if we would not do it those items would be pretty rare since I realized that its a minority who craft many purple items.

MorgonKara
01.24.2012 , 06:38 AM | #30
Maybe at some point in the future they will add some additional long-duration missions with better returns? It would be perfect for those times you are going to be offline and so forth.

As a side note, during testing I always made the suggestion that the crafting missions materials should also be available in the world as either boss loot drops or in heroic treasure chests. Maybe it's just me but I think it's a little strange that prototype and artifact crafting materials are only available through crew skills missions (except of course the BOP stuff).
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk