Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stressful crafting, bring back 12 hrs missions.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Stressful crafting, bring back 12 hrs missions.

masamunesky
01.12.2012 , 09:30 AM | #11
lol sacred u must not have a demanding job mate ill leave my comment at that
The Dark Side haz cookies.

SacredPanda
01.12.2012 , 09:36 AM | #12
Were I the OP, i'd have you flagged for harrassment

All I'll say is that not everybody works at the same time of the day in your world. And I'll leave it at that. I just think that if someone responds to a post of mine, then it'd be rude of me to not respond if I'm here.

Abishua
01.12.2012 , 09:48 AM | #13
Crafting needs to be shorter not longer. Sure at level 50 your annoyed but its hard enough to not level beyond something you are trying to make and you want them to nerf it to your playing style. Just don't craft then. Stick to racing all your alts to 50.

I am in the game for the journey not the destination as it should be in a story game. So here is what I do these days: log in, send my crew out and log out every 25-35 min because I don't want to out-level the purple I am trying to make. Sure at level 50 who cares but any level up to that makes crafting pretty worthless for modding professions. I am not talking about just purple mods either, the last blue I popped took 75 tries, you know, an item you can get from commendations.

The funny part is you are complaining about the 2 seconds it takes to click Accept and if you know what you are doing and what you want another 5 seconds to send out your crew. It also happens every hour. That is a long time, so you should thank Bioware for making a game that allows you to loose track of it so easily.

masamunesky
01.12.2012 , 09:49 AM | #14
dude im military i dont think many can say they work more than me, and how is my post harrassment? plz answer

masamunesky
01.12.2012 , 09:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Abishua View Post
Crafting needs to be shorter not longer. Sure at level 50 your annoyed but its hard enough to not level beyond something you are trying to make and you want them to nerf it to your playing style. Just don't craft then. Stick to racing all your alts to 50.

I am in the game for the journey not the destination as it should be in a story game. So here is what I do these days: log in, send my crew out and log out every 25-35 min because I don't want to out-level the purple I am trying to make. Sure at level 50 who cares but any level up to that makes crafting pretty worthless for modding professions. I am not talking about just purple mods either, the last blue I popped took 75 tries, you know, an item you can get from commendations.

The funny part is you are complaining about the 2 seconds it takes to click Accept and if you know what you are doing and what you want another 5 seconds to send out your crew. It also happens every hour. That is a long time, so you should thank Bioware for making a game that allows you to loose track of it so easily.
Did you actually read biowares idea on crew skills? it was to prevent The grind, having to be at your comp to send off companions is still a grind no matter what way u look at it.

Abishua
01.12.2012 , 10:01 AM | #16
Clicking a button ever hour while doing other things = Not a grind

Clicking the same buttons for an hour over and over = grind

SacredPanda
01.12.2012 , 10:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by masamunesky View Post
dude im military i dont think many can say they work more than me, and how is my post harrassment? plz answer
I never said anything about how much you work, I said they don't always work at the same time as you where you live. In otherwords, there are people who live in other countries so their normal workdays are different, there are people who work gy shifts, there are people who work at any hour of day. Therefore, any comment you may have had about how much I work doesn't really matter. Didn't realize I'd need to explain it this much.

Iheamylap
01.12.2012 , 10:17 AM | #18
If taking a few seconds to select a mission per companion, and to then later click a single button that pops up on your screen during normal game play is so stressful...well....why are you even playing this game?

You would have hated the "stress" of crafting in Star Wars Galaxies...where the crafting process was more hands on and step orientated. This game's crafting, even mission running, is so stress free it is ridiculous. =]

evileeyore
01.12.2012 , 10:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Abishua View Post
Clicking a button ever hour while doing other things = Not a grind

Clicking the same buttons for an hour over and over = grind
Huh.

I still go back to to the lower level planets and harvest* mats as it's a) faster, b) cheaper, and c) enjoyable to lay waste to those f-ers that were so bloody hard to kill then but now are mowed down as wheat before a thresher...

*I refuse to refer to harvesting as "grinding". Grinding is repeatedly killing the same mobs, hour after hour to get the exp/creds/commendations you desperately think you need. Bioware's bs line "It's not Heroic to craft" was them pissing on every player who enjoys crafting/harvesting in an MMO.

Zilliztra
01.12.2012 , 10:45 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Iheamylap View Post
If taking a few seconds to select a mission per companion, and to then later click a single button that pops up on your screen during normal game play is so stressful...well....why are you even playing this game?

You would have hated the "stress" of crafting in Star Wars Galaxies...where the crafting process was more hands on and step orientated. This game's crafting, even mission running, is so stress free it is ridiculous. =]
Well let me just interupt here. I take Crafting quite seriously. That is why I have a small army of level 25 chars that is off on missions all the time. This is were the problem starts.

If I want to be as efficient as possible, then I have to spend more time logging between chars, than I do playing.

First off i need ALOT of materials inorder to get the 1176 base epics from level 49 (synthweaving), then we have not even talked about the level 50 patterns yet.
I make around 250-350 ciridium and nanosilk a day, and this comes close to covering the materials I need every day.

The main issue causing my problems is that the mission skills are very fast. I would pref a system where either a) I get much more out of longer missions, or b) a system where it takes alot longer to gather materials over-all.

Beeing able to que Missions is one solution, but I doubt that this will happen, as we had that dicussion in beta.

The whole concept of you crew working for you when you are logged out, gets midigated when all the missions are done very fast.

---