Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems with preorder code redeeming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problems with preorder code redeeming
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ergwin
12.14.2011 , 08:46 AM | #1
Hello,

I have succesfully preordered the game on 26th of august. however it turns out now i need to fill in a preorder serial to play the game. However i can not find this on my order confirmation from Origin, or anywhere else for that matter.

How can i resolve this / get my preorder key? My account page says my code has been redeemed, but when i do my check it says i still have to redeem my serial code.

Can anyone please help me? And does this affect my early play period?
Server: Anchorhead
T'Prophet (Assassin)
Xatox (Mercenary)

wolfchant
12.14.2011 , 08:47 AM | #2
Same problem here..dont know what to do exactly

Sunsliver
12.14.2011 , 08:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergwin View Post
Hello,

I have succesfully preordered the game on 26th of august. however it turns out now i need to fill in a preorder serial to play the game. However i can not find this on my order confirmation from Origin, or anywhere else for that matter.

How can i resolve this / get my preorder key? My account page says my code has been redeemed, but when i do my check it says i still have to redeem my serial code.

Read: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16290

Ahkronn
12.14.2011 , 08:49 AM | #4
Are you using Origin client?

If so, you should find the "unreleased" game there. Pressing the "i" button will show you the code (without -'s)

Areg
12.14.2011 , 08:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergwin View Post
Hello,

I have the same problem, have not found a way yet, if anyone knows what to do, will rally apretiate the help

RaidenS
12.14.2011 , 08:50 AM | #6
same here and it doesn't let me subscribe, I press f5 and i can press on the play button but once i'm in it doesn't show me any servers up. I registered it back in august and when i try to re register the key it sais its aready registered but the tab remains grey with no tick.
please help.

XXThrashteraXX
12.14.2011 , 08:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahkronn View Post
Are you using Origin client?

If so, you should find the "unreleased" game there. Pressing the "i" button will show you the code (without -'s)
That code is the same serial code that was sent to me by email from origin. I used that code for the pre order. Now when I use it to fill out the code registration product key it says it is already in use.

Aieny
12.14.2011 , 08:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by XXThrashteraXX View Post
That code is the same serial code that was sent to me by email from origin. I used that code for the pre order. Now when I use it to fill out the code registration product key it says it is already in use.
That's because it isn't a product registration key (CD key). It is a pre-order key.

Rohrnin
12.14.2011 , 08:55 AM | #9
Sounds like the same problem my wife had. You are going to have to get ahold of support via ticket or phone. It is a known issue they are having to iron out. You will need to have your order confirmation number(s) handy to prove your purchase of the pre-order.

Her issue is:

Pre-Ordered Collector's Edition shortly after announcement of release. Entered her code immediately after receiving it. Was always there all the way through Beta test weekends that she got to play in a few including the last one.

Now, the site comes back up a couple days ago and - no more pre-order code. Tells her she need to enter a code, but when she does it says this code has already been used.

Obviously a glitch because her main is part of a guild as well already assigned to a server.

She waited on hold for 4 hours after finally getting through to the support line. They told her it was a known issue and she would get her emails today.

So time will tell today, but the lady was extremely nice and apologetic. It might be worth your time to give them a shout.

c-me

wolfchant
12.14.2011 , 08:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sunsliver View Post
i followed those steps..everything checks out..yet i get error message that i need to setup subscription when i use the launcher..