Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error code 3001

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xYENOOMx
10.11.2012 , 11:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Greetings Roboco,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues, I would like you to try the following steps but prior to doing so please do make sure that the process list in Task Manager does not include a launcher.exe for SWTOR. Once you have checked that please do run through the following steps:
  • Please delete the "patch" folder, the patcher.version and the retailclient_swtor.version files in your client installation folder.
  • Go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the installation over the current one.
  • Remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe.
  • When starting the launcher please make sure that you run it as administrator and in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode.
Please let us know here how you get on.

Thanks.

Come on guys. None of this works, There is a Problem on your end. Please Fix it.

Sutii
10.11.2012 , 11:19 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello xYENOOMx,

I can understand that encountering issues installing or patching may be frustrating, but please do run through the advised troubleshooting steps in this thread as they have resolved the issue for many users.

Should the problem persist, please do let us know here and include a copy of your DXDiag and most recent Launcher Log. Information on how to obtain this can be found here.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

xYENOOMx
10.11.2012 , 11:25 PM | #13
Hello xYENOOMx,

I can understand that encountering issues installing or patching may be frustrating, but please do run through the advised troubleshooting steps in this thread as they have resolved the issue for many users.

Should the problem persist, please do let us know here and include a copy of your DXDiag and most recent Launcher Log. Information on how to obtain this can be found here.

Thanks.
I HAVE RUN EVERY SINGLE STEP THAT HAS BEEN LISTED ON THE FORUMS. Clearly you are unaware of how to fix the issue since you have been just doing general troubleshooting to try and solve the issue. It isn't working for anyone. There is something wrong on BioWare's end. I went from being able to log in without any issue and all of a sudden for the last couple days I haven't been able to log in. So instead of giving me some kind of ridiculous response and some more stuff to do to troubleshoot for you, tell me how you are going to Fix the problem that all of us are PAYING YOU MONEY to do. Please advise.

xYENOOMx
10.11.2012 , 11:30 PM | #14
Not to mention making me re-install the ENTIRE GAME CLIENT????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! I hope you do not expect me or another few hundred people to continue our subscriptions. You troubleshoot us through all these different things, none of which work and then in another forum you tell us that this is not an emergency and not a serious issue and that it 'should' be fixed for Next Tuesday. Seriously people this is completely UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!

xYENOOMx
10.11.2012 , 11:34 PM | #15
I have completed every single step listed on all of the forums. Nothing works. This really sucks. UNSUBBED

Sutii
10.11.2012 , 11:43 PM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello again xYENOOMx,

I just did a little hunt around and note that the issue you are experiencing is actually that with getting stuck on the loading screen when trying to log in with your character. The steps I posted above to advise Roboco were to address the problem he encountered with downloading and installing Main Assets 85.

The issue you have encountered is indeed one of which we are aware and working to resolve as soon as possible. The steps in my previous post are most definitely not applicable to your situation, I advised you to follow those believing you were having issues installing/patching. If you haven't already tried it, some players have been able to resolve the loading issue themselves by running the game in fullscreen mode then pressing [ALT] + [TAB] immediately after attempting to load into the game on the affected character. After doing so do not return focus to the SWTOR client for a short duration, around 5-10 minutes. Please be aware that this has had mixed success, and by no means can we guarantee that is will resolve the issue for you.

Should it not do so, we can only recommend that you do wait for a Customer Service Representative to service your ticket and apologise for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

xYENOOMx
10.11.2012 , 11:51 PM | #17
Hello again xYENOOMx,

I just did a little hunt around and note that the issue you are experiencing is actually that with getting stuck on the loading screen when trying to log in with your character. The steps I posted above to advise Roboco were to address the problem he encountered with downloading and installing Main Assets 85.

The issue you have encountered is indeed one of which we are aware and working to resolve as soon as possible. The steps in my previous post are most definitely not applicable to your situation, I advised you to follow those believing you were having issues installing/patching. If you haven't already tried it, some players have been able to resolve the loading issue themselves by running the game in fullscreen mode then pressing [ALT] + [TAB] immediately after attempting to load into the game on the affected character. After doing so do not return focus to the SWTOR client for a short duration, around 5-10 minutes. Please be aware that this has had mixed success, and by no means can we guarantee that is will resolve the issue for you.

Should it not do so, we can only recommend that you do wait for a Customer Service Representative to service your ticket and apologise for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thanks.

So to me it seems like you have no idea what so ever on how to fix this problem. So realistically there is no timetable on when the problem will be fixed and this could last much longer than expected. It is really sad to see a game die because of its Developer. People never left because they didn't enjoy the game, they leave because the game is poorly mismanaged, never tested, and consistently coming up with brand new issues every patch. Unacceptable.

joshuatalmadge
10.12.2012 , 12:23 AM | #18
Same here, I canceled my sub. It can't just be a few people this is happening to

ifealsic
10.28.2012 , 08:42 PM | #19
I am having the SAME problem...this is a joke....unsubbing as well

Allyndaar
10.28.2012 , 09:38 PM | #20
I am having the exact same issue, but I get around it by doing a full restart of my system after each failed loading attempt of SWTOR. I have CCleaner on my PC which runs with each restart - perhaps that is fixing something for me?

Dunno, not a genius with computers. All I can say is I restart and within 1-3 goes I'm able to access the game just fine.

The ingame stuttering, low FPS and general lag is then waiting for me... but at least I'm ingame... right? :-(
aka Shagz
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "HOLY SHHITE.... WHAT A RIDE!