Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error code 3001

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Damakos
01.11.2012 , 11:15 PM | #1
i have been playing for around 2 days now, flawlessly. i got home from work, and i tried to log into my server but i got error code 3001. i am not authorized to log into the server? can someone help?

Ratae
01.13.2012 , 01:48 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hallo Damakos,

This error sometimes occurs if you have not previously logged out of the game and then return to play sometime later. Please try restarting the computer and logging in again.

Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Kindajenin
02.02.2012 , 10:30 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by L1-F9 View Post
Hallo Damakos,

This error sometimes occurs if you have not previously logged out of the game and then return to play sometime later. Please try restarting the computer and logging in again.

Greetings Damakos,

If the above work around has not worked would you please proivde the information we need in this thread to help us investigate the issue further.

Thank you for contacting us.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Zahidilla
06.27.2012 , 05:28 PM | #4
And what when this happens in the middle of a ranked wz? Just happened this to me, now i have lost that wz and my ranked points because of this. And this is second time

Cerimon
06.27.2012 , 06:19 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Zahidilla,

It is unlikely you are getting error 3001, please clarify if the error code is 4001 or 1003 etcetera.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Roboco
10.06.2012 , 08:11 PM | #6
My problem: After entering my account information and pressing the "Login" button, I am taken to the loading screen where the blue "cog wheel/gear" is constantly shifting in the bottom right hand corner. However the game never moves on to character select. I did not have any errors with the game prior to the patches two weeks ago.
My failed attempts to solve the problem: Disabled firewalls, reinstalled 3 times, running in window-mode, trying to "insta-tab" out, and deleting temp files.
Extremely disappointed as I have already uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Just restarted my subscription because I was missing it to much, but now I understand why I left.
Sincerely,
A dis-satisfied customer.
May your trigger finger never cramp.

Beesodd
10.06.2012 , 08:23 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Roboco,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a bad time with this, I hope we can help. There's a few things that we can check that may help. Please ensure that the correct ports are open on your router, and please try flushing your DNS. You can do so by opening your command prompt (press the Windows Key and R and type "cmd") and entering the following: ipconfig /flushdns

Also, please try navigating to your settings folder and deleting any GUIState files that can be found there. You can get there by opening the Run box(press the Windows Key and R) and entering the following: %localappdata%/swtor/swtor/settings

If the problem is still persisting, please try setting the game and launcher to run in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Roboco
10.09.2012 , 07:45 PM | #8
Tried all 3 options, no dice. Now I am no longer able to hit the play button on the launcher.

My new problem: The launcher displays "Installing Main Assets 85 (0%)"
I have let it sit for a while, and it doesn't change.

:|

Roboco
10.11.2012 , 10:40 PM | #9
Still experiencing difficulties.

Sutii
10.11.2012 , 10:49 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Roboco,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues, I would like you to try the following steps but prior to doing so please do make sure that the process list in Task Manager does not include a launcher.exe for SWTOR. Once you have checked that please do run through the following steps:
  • Please delete the "patch" folder, the patcher.version and the retailclient_swtor.version files in your client installation folder.
  • Go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the installation over the current one.
  • Remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe.
  • When starting the launcher please make sure that you run it as administrator and in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode.
Please let us know here how you get on.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support