Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What class does the highest dps in pve?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What class does the highest dps in pve?

Nyuuka
02.19.2012 , 02:24 AM | #41
At the moment, the burst damage of scoundrel and ops in PvP is higher than anything i've seen.

Vesperr
02.19.2012 , 03:45 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyuuka View Post
At the moment, the burst damage of scoundrel and ops in PvP is higher than anything i've seen.
"Thread: What class does the highest dps in pve?"

eithertrollorjuststupid.jpg
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

Battilea
02.19.2012 , 04:04 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrip View Post
Wow, really? As in it will scale over a stack of 5 or it just stacks to 5 really quickly?
Every arsenal BH gets their own stack and it counts them all. The more there are, they more they all do.

It won't last, of course, you can bet that it'll get fixed ASAP once BioWare realizes it and can spare a moment for something non-PvP.

NEYips
02.19.2012 , 06:51 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by riexau View Post
This guy knows absolutely nothing. Ignore him. Just the fact that he mentioned Sorcerer/Sage who have the worst DPS in PvE in the entire game is just laughable.

Highest PvE DPS goes to Mercenary/Commando and Operative/Scoundrel

See what I did there?
Words cannot describe how retarded you are right now, Hybrid sorcerer/sage IS a massive contender for highest dps in game. Dont post if you dont know what you are on about, operative/scoundrel do not have highest dps they are infact in the lowest dps bracket in PvE due to their inability to sustain dps like the other classes mentioned. Ape of the day!

LahLahSr
02.20.2012 , 12:56 AM | #45
No log, no number, no evidence - this thread is speculation.

That being said, I will admit I have an impression based on the following:

I have played through the game and have a lvl 50 Commando - Gunnery (Assault Cannon).
Currently I am playing through the game with a Jedi-Sage.

My impression is that the Commando has higher BURST DPS than the Sage, but I easily sustain fire for longer with my Sage than with my Commando.

Sage has better AOE as well. The Forcequake you can fire continuously and keep most mobs essentially incapable of fighting back while they bounce around.

Again single target the Commando seems to be able to do more damager-per-second until you burn down your ammo, wheras for longer fights I feel the Sage is better since it can keep up constant fire without running out of "juice".

Largely I feel I go through mobs faster with my Tank Companion + Sage than with my Healer Companion + Commando combo, but it's very subjective.

I haven't played the other classes, so I won't even speculate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielErickson
Sith are evil.

Goeman
02.20.2012 , 02:43 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Rezoh View Post
Don't belive anything until we have combat logs or damage meters. No one can tell atm wich class has better DPS
immediately i agree.

Twin--sword
02.20.2012 , 04:32 AM | #47
Its down to what you are fighting alot of the time.

In no real order i would say BH Sorc Mara and Sniper have the best Dps i can not say who can do the most out of them but they seem to be the guys dealing the most none stop damage over time.

Why i can't say who deals the most i can say pick any of them 4 and you are sure to be more than able to deal good dps at end game if you spend time to get good gear.

Shroudveil
02.20.2012 , 06:08 AM | #48
once again without logs we cannot know.

I feel pretty confidant though that in real operations as they are designed so far, the best three (in no particular order) are maras, snipers, mercs. And they are followed by sorcs and assassins.

From my experience operatives also have excellent dps BUT because of 0 mobility (no sprint, no charge) and low survivability (compared to the cds of the rest of the mdps: maras, assassins, pts, juggs) and most bosses mechanics (aoe knockbacks, melee unfriendly, need to jump to adds, etc) they have huge downtimes that really screw up their dps.
Quote:
Georg Zoeller: A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.

Kryogenique
02.20.2012 , 06:19 AM | #49
Highest burst: Sniper/Gunslinger
Highest sustained: Mercenary/Commando or arguably Sorcerer/Sage

So for PvE I'd suggest a sustained DPS as not to steal aggro from your tank.

twiggie
02.20.2012 , 11:11 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Agrajagu View Post
DPS can be checked on 4 boss in EV.

You know the HP of the mob your killing and if you use a stopwatch at the same time you can calculate afterwords.

[HP on mob]/[Time(s)] = DPS

On this boss encounter you only have to watch your roatation so if you manage that you should get a good indicator of your DPS.

Calculation that should be taken into consideration:

Classes that can give you a DPS buff for a certain ammount of time.
This still isn't accurate for some classes. For instance, I raid with an Assassin. Since this encounter means having aggro on the mob, I cannot use positional attacks. Maul is a very big part of the Deception tree's damage. I can still manage just fine, but my damage will not be ideal.