Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What class does the highest dps in pve?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What class does the highest dps in pve?

stephenjohnp
02.08.2012 , 03:43 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by RedMix View Post
Sniper / Gunslinger

Operative / Scoundrel

Marauder / Sentinel

Feel confident in that top 3 order, everything else is pretty even as far as DPS specs go.

Op/Sco has the higher upfront damage but sniper specs have long term consistency and less CD's or positioning requirements.
This guy knows absolutely nothing. Ignore him. Just the fact that he mentioned Operative/Scoundrel who have the worst DPS in PvE in the entire game is just laughable.

Highest PvE DPS goes to Mercenary/Commando and Sorcerer/Sage.

riexau
02.08.2012 , 04:16 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
This guy knows absolutely nothing. Ignore him. Just the fact that he mentioned Operative/Scoundrel who have the worst DPS in PvE in the entire game is just laughable.

Highest PvE DPS goes to Mercenary/Commando and Sorcerer/Sage.
This guy knows absolutely nothing. Ignore him. Just the fact that he mentioned Sorcerer/Sage who have the worst DPS in PvE in the entire game is just laughable.

Highest PvE DPS goes to Mercenary/Commando and Operative/Scoundrel

See what I did there?

Tenetke
02.08.2012 , 05:56 PM | #33
Not sure about the rest of the post, but as a tank I can tell you what's hardest to hold agro on.

Commando without a doubt ranks first. It's a constant struggle,even when I have guard on. Taunt is my best friend when running with ours.

Second would be gs, or sage.

It's not even close to how hard it is to hold agro with the commando though. I swear it's like they have some built in high threat moves or something. Not sure as mine is only 30 and I don't really get to play him. The one time I've run with a dps jk it was nothing at all.

That doesn't help, and everything is anecdotal at this point. Once they put in meters though I wouldn't be surprised at all if they show commando at the top.

Also is it just me or is there not really any melee dps left in the game. I never see any melee dps anymore. Well, not "any" I saw one a few days ago. Mostly though it's all commandos/smugglers with a few sages thrown in. I imagine that's because most fights seem very unfriendly to melee. Maybe it's just easier with commandos because they don't need to crouch/take cover and they can move while firing. Most of the ones I've played with have said they never have any problems with ammo either.
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.

Feoktist
02.08.2012 , 06:10 PM | #34
Dude, questions like this are going to bring up even more holiwars after the combat logs are introduced =)

BountyHuntertwo
02.08.2012 , 06:38 PM | #35
100% Arsenal Merc or Gunnery Commando in first and it isn't close either. This is particularly true in operations with multiple Mercs/Commandos as Heatseeker Missiles/Demolition Round bonus damage scales off of every Heat Signature/Gravity Vortex stack on the boss, not just your own. The next class I would say is a good Vengeance Juggernaut/Vigilance Guardian as they do exceptional direct damage combined with steady DoT along with very good resource sustainability, unlike some other dps classes such as Sorcs/Sages which for long fights have serious resource constraint.

Sebasaurus
02.15.2012 , 03:46 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by BountyHuntertwo View Post
100% Arsenal Merc or Gunnery Commando in first and it isn't close either. This is particularly true in operations with multiple Mercs/Commandos as Heatseeker Missiles/Demolition Round bonus damage scales off of every Heat Signature/Gravity Vortex stack on the boss, not just your own. The next class I would say is a good Vengeance Juggernaut/Vigilance Guardian as they do exceptional direct damage combined with steady DoT along with very good resource sustainability, unlike some other dps classes such as Sorcs/Sages which for long fights have serious resource constraint.
I'm sorry what?

I'm not sure about the Masdness spec on Sorc but i'm currently speccd lightning on my sorc for raiding and I NEVER EVER run out of resources for casting. There are so many built in mechanics for light sorcs so that you gain more force and so your skills require less force. On a very long fight i believe sorcs will come out on top because of this. But we suck for healing because on long fights the heals eat our mana incredibly quick.

hadoken
02.15.2012 , 06:40 AM | #37
If what you're saying is true about the debuff stacking that would make it useful for every class as it's just an armor debuff not a grav round buff.

dcgregorya
02.15.2012 , 09:45 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotli View Post
Sniper/Gunslinger I think has the highest burst DPS, but you will blow all CDs to do so and get low on resources.
No, you won't. Posting to confirm that the best rotations for sharpshooter/marksman are energy stable and appear to offer the highest sustained DPS when they have good weapons.

Sage and commando are less gear dependent but with good gear and good rotations gunslingers are absolute beasts.

BardaTheHobo
02.15.2012 , 10:06 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
I play a PT dps, and I really do think I would be topping meters against others in my guild, even though I am in mostly mid range pvp/pve gear. And we do have some highly geared pve players.
I feel the same way on my tactics vanguard, especial in the aoe damage sense, get a full stack of prototype flamethrower/pulse generator, pop a power relic+power stim and ive done 9k damage to everything (around 9k damage, 3k per tick (all crits, does not happen a lot but when it does, everything just melts, even none crits it is still a lot of damage)) that alone is why my guild likes to have me as dps, fast aoe mob cleanup hehe.
You know what the first rule of flying is? Love. You take a boat in the air that you don't love,
she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down.
Tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.

Mrip
02.15.2012 , 11:14 AM | #40
...Heatseeker Missiles/Demolition Round bonus damage scales off of every Heat Signature/Gravity Vortex stack on the boss, not just your own...
Wow, really? As in it will scale over a stack of 5 or it just stacks to 5 really quickly?