Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-47 in Last Emperor enraging in 2:30

RicardoL
01.11.2012 , 10:36 PM | #1
We were doing The Last Emperor in Hard Mode until we reached HK 47, however, even if we could avoid the first two stealths (by targeting him and hitting him just after he appeared), he enraged and killed everyone, everyone was hitting him, even I, as a Healer (Commando) could hit him with 3k damage, even so, he always enraged at about 5% of the remaining HP...all party members was full geared, with the lowest rating at 126, most of our itens are rating 136...that said, DPS wasn't a problem...We decided to stop after we wiped for the 9th time...

So, I don't think we were doing anything wrong, as we wasn't dying in his stealth, but we were dying in his enraged stealth...as the first hit is anavoidable...and, a enrage time at 2:30 (that is right, two minutes and 30 seconds) is way too short for some drop we already have better versions (we are not doing it for drops...)

Patron_of_Wrath
01.11.2012 , 10:39 PM | #2
I find that dropping an AOE where you anticipate him to be when he stealths will pop him out of stealth, and allow for a smoother, more successful fight.

Also...

If you weren't doing anything wrong, you wouldn't have died 9 times. Bioware is perfect, their game is perfect. Let me tell you about my StarWars action figure collection.

maspien
01.11.2012 , 10:40 PM | #3
I never hit his enrage time. Try skiping the turrets. They don't hit all that hard any ways.

Vandaman
01.11.2012 , 11:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by maspien View Post
I never hit his enrage time. Try skiping the turrets. They don't hit all that hard any ways.
What he said... just burn down HK. Any competent healer can easily heal through the pathetic damage of the turrets.

MigSebes
01.11.2012 , 11:55 PM | #5
As others have said, just forget the turrets.
The SEBES Legacy
Prophecy of Five

Mig - Dreadeis - Stragus - Vaborea

RicardoL
01.12.2012 , 12:37 AM | #6
Yes, we did skip the turrets (they didn't even make a difference in healing), and we used AoE when he stealthed, but that didn't worked, used both AoE and my skill that detects stealth, none of then revealed him...the problem was he enraged in 2 minutes and 30 seconds...and any skill he use when he is enraged is almost instant kill...we will try tomorrow, and I will try to film it and upload to Youtube...

Revan-the-knight
01.12.2012 , 12:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RicardoL View Post
We were doing The Last Emperor in Hard Mode until we reached HK 47, however, even if we could avoid the first two stealths (by targeting him and hitting him just after he appeared), he enraged and killed everyone, everyone was hitting him, even I, as a Healer (Commando) could hit him with 3k damage, even so, he always enraged at about 5% of the remaining HP...all party members was full geared, with the lowest rating at 126, most of our itens are rating 136...that said, DPS wasn't a problem...We decided to stop after we wiped for the 9th time...

So, I don't think we were doing anything wrong, as we wasn't dying in his stealth, but we were dying in his enraged stealth...as the first hit is anavoidable...and, a enrage time at 2:30 (that is right, two minutes and 30 seconds) is way too short for some drop we already have better versions (we are not doing it for drops...)
HK is simply to awesome to die, thats why
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

ianjeffs
01.12.2012 , 05:33 AM | #8
The enrage timer is very tight but with the right level of dps it is doable.

The Enrage is 200% dmg it is healable until he snipes the healer!

You can always avoid the stealth / backstab dmg if you are quick enough to break him.
Grintogg
Powertech Tank
GM of <O o O> - Empire guild
Legions of Lettow - EU PvP -http://oooguild.shivtr.com/

midnyt
01.12.2012 , 05:54 AM | #9
Yup. Ignore the turrets. Easy to heal through it.
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!

Wallach
01.12.2012 , 06:44 AM | #10
If you hit the enrage timer, DPS is definitely the problem. It is the only problem, actually, assuming everyone is still alive and HK-47 is still hitting the tank.

Like others said, if you need more DPS time on the boss, you could move more of the burden onto your healer and ignore the turrets. Truth of the matter is, though, is that if the players are geared like you say, they aren't playing well. Ignoring the turrets in that gear should not be necessary at all.