Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

lokdron
01.13.2012 , 01:43 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Tullianus View Post
SI is Lil Jon

Interactions go like this

Person X: The thing you need to do is this
SI: WHUT?
X: Seriously, this is a great plan I made up
SI: WHUT?
X: Just do it
SI: OKAY

After playing the Warrior for a bit I really am let down...hell, that quest in Korriban where you have to decide the fates of prisoners, that would have worked for Inquisitors
I agree while playing a SW i felt more like a SI than playing my actual SI.

MoistMuffin
01.13.2012 , 02:02 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Esbia View Post
I rolled my main as a Sith Assassin and so had to endure the Sith inquisitor story. Since I am not one for making alts I decided to watch the Sith Warrior story in its entirety on Youtube. Before I saw the Sith Warrior story arc I was underwhelmed by the Inquisitor arc, but not too bothered. After having seen the Sith Warrior arc, I must say I am very disappointed to put it mildly. The Warrior story completely obliterates the Inquisitor story by light years. How can there be such disparity in narrative in the same game? It feels like Bioware's A team wrote the Warrior arc while the interns wrote the Inquisitor story.

Let me basically summarize the essential differences.

Spoiler

In conclusion, Sith Inquisitor story really sucks compared to Sith Warrior story. Of course there will be devout Inquisitor's who will come on here and claim otherwise, but trust me if you play any other class watch both these stories and you'll get what I mean. Oh well, I guess I'm going back to my *********** nooby council member character who has done nothing to change the galaxy. Not like my Guildmate who is now Wrath of the Emperor and killed the Voice of the Emperor and now can do what the **** he wants in the galaxy.
I agree 100% with everything you said and this is why I am so grateful for being in beta as I had a chance to play a good portion of both stories and at release have focused on the SW. The SI is a really fun class mechanic wise, but the story was so lame to me I just couldn't stomach it.
I do: http://www.morbidgames.com
RKHT: http://www.robotkittenhappytrain.com
I believe: Romance is Universal. SGR is just as valid as OGR.

JRastenn
01.13.2012 , 04:48 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Corvane View Post
Just to make a point, that cult does come into play again when you get to either belsavis or voss. Can't remember which.
For about 10 minutes. Because your cult of crazy street urchins has magically become the sole producer of the most awesomest computer chip in the galaxy. Somehow.

Karkais
01.13.2012 , 04:53 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by JRastenn View Post
For about 10 minutes. Because your cult of crazy street urchins has magically become the sole producer of the most awesomest computer chip in the galaxy. Somehow.
Spoiler
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

ClayPeopleCry
01.13.2012 , 10:29 PM | #35
You know at first I agreed with the OP. But then I got to thinking and the question here is really who is the more powerful Sith in the end.

Now think of it this way. Both of them are trying to earn the respect of the lords of the Sith so that one day they can join their ranks. But the Sith lords are all evil, lying, manipulative, psychotic, warmongers. Now who in there right mind would want to join a group of people like that? No one, that's who. So what really makes for a better Sith? The lunatic who was given respect right from the get go or the lunatic who had to earn it every step of the way?
Che Guevara: Its a sad thing not to have friends, but it is even sadder not to have enemies.

jasoncollins
01.13.2012 , 11:41 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by IronFirewind View Post
Clearly you haven't rolled a Jedi Consular or Trooper
trooper story i got to tatoonie before i deleted
can not even get to level 10 on JC i get so bored
10% love for the real world
90% hate for the real world

DarkestDaemon
01.13.2012 , 11:44 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
I agree while playing a SW i felt more like a SI than playing my actual SI.
Yep, there was a hell of a lot more intrigue, subterfuge, and almost the feeling of 'spy vs spy' on my warrior. I was excited for playing the Inquisitor because I thought 'Hey! If this is the quest line for the Warrior, the Inquisitor must be even better!'

*Go through the quests on the Inquisitor*

... So I'm Indiana Jones with a lightsaber?

Izorii
01.14.2012 , 02:18 AM | #38
Best story I have played is the Bounty Hunter. The SIth Warrior kicks the *** of the Sith Inquisitor story. The Jedi Knight story is quite fun and what I would expect but I am only lv 19, from what I have seen the Jedi Consular is just as naff as the sith inquisitor, again from what I have seen only level 19.

I agree with most of the posts which say the SI was a complete let down there are a few good points but you have to play loads of naff story to get to them.

Deshiel
01.14.2012 , 03:19 AM | #39
SW story isn't just the best of them all, the voice actor of sith warrior has the best voice aswel.

Spoiler

Karkais
01.14.2012 , 04:22 AM | #40
What furiates me the most is that they cant revamp the inquisitor story.. Its just not practical, with all the money spent on it. Its going to stay as is.. Which makes me both sad and furious.

They had REALLY better add some class-specific content to recompensate.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette