Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

Slowpokeking
02.15.2013 , 08:45 PM | #161
I will say some planets of SI story is good, Korriban, Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Taris and of course Corellia. You actually manipulate Jedi and Sith for your course, but the overall story of chapter 2 and 3 is really weak, ghosbuster is bad enough, ok at least you still can manipulate something, but the whole healing is just nonsense, hard to endure at all. Also you did little against the Republic, only Alderaan and Taris got a bit to do with the Republic and really not much compare to the other 3 classes.

SW killed Jedi masters and many Republic officials in chapter 1&2.
IA finished of one of the best Republic SIS teams and stopped them from getting the Shadow Arsenal, he/she also helped the war in Corellia.
BH killed many republics figures, including Jun Seros and the Chancellor.

It should be about schemes and manipulation rather than ghostbusting and healing body.

Flamegeyser
02.19.2013 , 07:31 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by JawaJedi View Post
SI=becomes second to One in Empire, major power player
SW=becomes someones *****, no real power
SW=More Powerful at the end???

Now, I haven't played through either story all the way through, but I do remember during the beta SW was too dull to get past Korriban.
SI has been interesting in comparison.
I personally don't like these "do something incredible/become god" type of arguements...I feel like that's what spawns Revan fanboys....
But to each their own. Who knows, maybe SI goes downhill and SW goes uphill. I didn't read the spoiler tag, for obvious reasons.
What? the Warrior becomes second to one(the emperor) in the empire, while the inquisitor becomes one of 12.

Also, am I the only one who noticed how useless the force sensitives on the empires side are?

Both are just finishing grudges with other sith.

The Bounty Hunter, alternatively, can kill the Supreme Chancellor.

And the Agent saves the empire twice and the universe once. What the hell?

Chaloss
02.20.2013 , 06:10 AM | #163
I would not call either of them second to emperor in such sense, but at same time only rank higher than current one is Emperor for both. There is also Voice in between, but as I understand Emperor takes direct control of him/her so I doubt neither of Warrior or Inquisitor would want that position.

Beniboybling
02.20.2013 , 06:31 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
I would not call either of them second to emperor in such sense, but at same time only rank higher than current one is Emperor for both. There is also Voice in between, but as I understand Emperor takes direct control of him/her so I doubt neither of Warrior or Inquisitor would want that position.
Dread Masters? Darth Malgus? (pre-death) And perhaps Darth Marr...

I think concerning hierarchy though, the Emperor's Wrath is second only to the Emperor (the Voice kinda is the Emperor) - he/she has the power to command and execute Dark Council members, they practically say so themselves.

Chaloss
02.20.2013 , 07:05 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Dread Masters? Darth Malgus? (pre-death) And perhaps Darth Marr...

I think concerning hierarchy though, the Emperor's Wrath is second only to the Emperor (the Voice kinda is the Emperor) - he/she has the power to command and execute Dark Council members, they practically say so themselves.
As stated by Darth Vovrawn Emperor Wrath has free reign and only responds to the emperor. Darth Marr added as long as does not contradict ours as in Dark Council meaning Wrath is not superior to Council. Which is why to me it looks like both of them are pinnacle of their respective power structures. In other words Wrath can not judge Dark Council, but he is executioner to carry out their death sentence should Emperor want them dead.

MelodyofLegends
03.03.2013 , 01:26 PM | #166
While reading through this thread, something became very apparent to me. in a way the Warrior and Inquisitor sort of come full circle in regards to where they began and where they end up but in reverse.

the warrior begins with the freedom and respect that the inquisitor was denied due to her family being enslaved, but by the end of Chapter 3 she as a dark council member has ultimate freedom and the authority to whatever she pleases. (within reason, obviously)

the warrior on the other hand ends up basically the emperors glorified slave. He cannot do ANYTHING for himself/ herself, such as say, kill a dark council member cause she ticked him off by not bowing, without the fear of harming the emperors greater goals. (that council member may have been useful to the emperor.)

thats just my perspective on things...
an absolute love that will bring warmth to a frozen world....

Xnamos
06.29.2014 , 08:03 PM | #167
Ok, so I finished the SI story, and basically what I noticed;
1) It needs more credit, the sith inquisitor story actually starts off with you starting as a slave and then working your way to power by leaving a bunch of dead bodies behind, and alot of those bodies are Sith and there is you making preparations to bring down your rivals.
Eg, you are aware of the betrayals through a close source of information and you start making preparations to bring down those enemies by going along with their plans. So in effect, yes you do actually care about said ritual if you think about the plot line on more than a 'kill things' level.
2) The raw physical power of the Sith Warrior is great fun, especially as a marauder BUT the Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular Stories are the two main stories that reveal alot of lore, history and force secrets, IF you pay attention.
The sith inquisitor gains a) the ability to enslave ghosts, b) a title for that c) becomes a dark council member, it's one of the only few stories that show that much council time, the warrior only had council time at the end of chapter three, ok now you are not a policy maker like Frank Underwood in House of Cards, BUT it's a PVP/PVE based MMORPG, of course it isn't going to be like that. But, I felt it was the story that besides JC, held the most political themes, it really captured the selfishness of the sith council, apart from the IA story chapter one.
3) I out levelled my entire story (it's my method) I stop touching the story after Coruscant/Dromund Kaas, so I can solely focus on the story after I've reached a certain level. Once I started doing that, I found the story much more enjoyable because I didn't have to grind and try to keep rembering what happened
. I give it a solid 7/10.

errant_knight
06.30.2014 , 06:50 PM | #168
The inquisitor is a story about sith politics and sith alchemy. The warrior story is about revenge and raw power. Totally different. I enjoyed both immensely.

Kaedusz
07.22.2014 , 07:18 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It should be about schemes and manipulation rather than ghostbusting and healing body.
What's with the ''schemes and manipulation'' whining that's going on since launch.

The inquisitor story is about Sith Lore and Force Mysticism,and i expected it to be that.i'm extremely satisfied with the Inq story.
Can't wrap my mind around this ''schemes and manipulation'' horse ****.What the hell are you people talking about!?
Besides not sure how you can't get a fix from the Thanaton struggle.

Someone that comes up with ''ghostbuster'' to describe the inquisitor must be either ignorant of Star Wars beyond the movies and is just trolling around or an extremely low IQ person.

VitalityPrime
07.22.2014 , 08:21 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
What's with the ''schemes and manipulation'' whining that's going on since launch.

The inquisitor story is about Sith Lore and Force Mysticism,and i expected it to be that.i'm extremely satisfied with the Inq story.
Can't wrap my mind around this ''schemes and manipulation'' horse ****.What the hell are you people talking about!?
Besides not sure how you can't get a fix from the Thanaton struggle.

Someone that comes up with ''ghostbuster'' to describe the inquisitor must be either ignorant of Star Wars beyond the movies and is just trolling around or an extremely low IQ person.
I agree.

That being said, people bring up the whole "schemes and manipulation" because I believe that's what the developers led them to believe the Inquisitor story was going to be about. Everyone expected to be a copy of Palpatine.

So I don't fault them for that...but I do think the story the Inquisitors have is great.

I personally like the whole Force Walking part of the story...especially when it is stated that only the most powerful force users can do it.

Just finished the class story last night...and I think the final cutscene against Thanaton in the Dark Council Chamber is one of the most bad*** cutscenes in the game.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.