Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

SWFTW
04.23.2012 , 08:37 PM | #111
Well sorry about that . Again, (it seems a trademark in the Spoilers forum) a bit over board, but thanks to all who corrected my mistake. I have not finished the SW storyline so I as a JK and SI, assumed that the Emperor was dead. Sorry guys! As for ranks, the Emperor's wrath would be in the same level as the DC as both Wookiepedia and the game say that the Emperor's wrath is second only to the Emperor, but also that DC members are second only to the Emperor. So in rank, they're equal.

Also, to the poster before me, at the end of all class and planet story lines (Pub and Imp) only 8 DC members remain. That's why I said 8.

Again sorry for the mistake guys!

JesseFiggy
04.24.2012 , 12:37 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by IronFirewind View Post
Clearly you haven't rolled a Jedi Consular or Trooper
I Completely agree the Sith Inquisitor story is good for a background story. The difference between the Sith Warrior and the Inquisitor is that the Warrior story board you actually feel as if your moving the empire closer to the brink of war and that there actually is a legitimate power struggle that leads back to being true to the Emperor. In the Inquisitor story that feeling is lost in the search to find a cure for yourself while completely ignoring the war and the power struggles in the empire. Although you are forced to fight Darth Thanaton; the emphasis is still on surviving rather moving the empire towards victory in the war against the republic
"Because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." - ALFRED PENNYWORTH

EbonHawkCz
07.06.2012 , 06:05 AM | #113
Well but remember that SW has also ambitions in empire !
IF you play LS you can tell Jaesa that your goal is to change the empire from within and as a Emperor Wrath i think he can change a lot things inside.

darthkargtor
07.06.2012 , 06:36 AM | #114
The Relation ship betwen the wrath and the DC is the same with Soundwave to the other deceptacons, do what you wish but if you step out of line ill put you down.
There is no Dark their is no light There is no grey There is only you.the force does not corrupt you, you corrupt yourself
Your actions shape you, the force simply reveals your true nature,One does not die, the force embraces you

bright_ephemera
07.06.2012 , 07:11 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by darthkargtor View Post
The Relation ship betwen the wrath and the DC is the same with Soundwave to the other deceptacons, do what you wish but if you step out of line ill put you down.
This is my new favorite analogy for anything in the Star Wars universe.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

lokdron
07.07.2012 , 09:58 AM | #116
There is a rumor that the person who wrote the SI did leave bioware SO *crosses fingers* our expansion story may actually be good! Cause right now the SI is the brute who can shoot force lightning and the sith warrior is actually the manipulator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6MNcbQdS24&feature=fvst

I mean look at the sith inquisitor story trailer I GOT NONE OF THIS IN THE STORY especially the part with the sith inquisitor whispering in the noble's ear. I thought we were going to be dealing with politics and manipulating people but noooooooooo we just came down to indiana jones, ghost hunter and then ghost buster. I think the SI story does not even have political intrigue yet the sith warrior story does.

My sith warrior can act like darth sidious yet the class that bioware described as the so called "darth sidious fantasy" is nothing like that as I said the SI in the game is a brute with force lighting. To me it seems like the SI story was given to an intern and to me the person who wrote the sith warrior story captures the various ways a sith can act in a situation.

Hell the sith warrior even has more options to deal with a situation lets not forget the SI gets the least amount of dark side points the max amount of points the SI can get when they leave korriban is 500 even the IA and BH can get more.

Lets not forget not being able to turn Ashara to the dark side.

Kinvarus
08.12.2012 , 11:20 AM | #117
Personally I look at it the way I look at every RPG nowadays. Developers assume that everybody wants to be the warrior class, so even though they add in the Mage and the Theif classes, they put most of their effort into the Warrior because that's what all of us apparently want to play, and since the Inquisitor and Consular are the Mages of the SW Universe they get the same treatment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Goodness reflects the light and evil bears the seed of all darkness. These are mirrors of the soul, reflections of the mind."

magicallypuzzled
08.12.2012 , 01:08 PM | #118
I have to disagree with the op on just about every level the Si's story is much better then the SW's. Who spends something like 40 percent of his time making himself and his allies weakier becuase his stupid master is a moron with ego issues. Also after killing his master what exactly does he have power wise that he can use on his owen authority and not on the emperor's? Not much that i can tell and even less if you went darkside and killed the varius sith/spies that might of given you some sort of powerbase.

Also saying the SW can kill some one on the emperors authority is just another way of saying he can't do crap unless the emperor says too. If he tries too he's all the closer to the emperor to feel his displeasure when you killed that useful dark council member who looked at you wrong. Also it only works if the SW and by extention the emperor can kill the dark council member in the first place (which admittably he/they shouldn't have a problem to do but it does put them in the same boat as every other sith in the dark council).

edit i get the feeling i used also to many times but what ever.

Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
There is a rumor that the person who wrote the SI did leave bioware SO *crosses fingers* our expansion story may actually be good! Cause right now the SI is the brute who can shoot force lightning and the sith warrior is actually the manipulator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6MNcbQdS24&feature=fvst

I mean look at the sith inquisitor story trailer I GOT NONE OF THIS IN THE STORY especially the part with the sith inquisitor whispering in the noble's ear. I thought we were going to be dealing with politics and manipulating people but noooooooooo we just came down to indiana jones, ghost hunter and then ghost buster. I think the SI story does not even have political intrigue yet the sith warrior story does.

My sith warrior can act like darth sidious yet the class that bioware described as the so called "darth sidious fantasy" is nothing like that as I said the SI in the game is a brute with force lighting. To me it seems like the SI story was given to an intern and to me the person who wrote the sith warrior story captures the various ways a sith can act in a situation.

Hell the sith warrior even has more options to deal with a situation lets not forget the SI gets the least amount of dark side points the max amount of points the SI can get when they leave korriban is 500 even the IA and BH can get more.

Lets not forget not being able to turn Ashara to the dark side.
this feels like a failure to understand the story not a failure of the story. you are involved in political intrigue for most of chapters 2/3 abeit as a former slave you don;t immediately have the ability to strike back at your enemy who is trying to use his political might to crush you. Frankly it would make absolutely no sense for it to be other wise your rise in power and position is already incredibly fast as it is.

never the less the whole thing about the moffs, the silencer weapon, being able to face thanton powerbase to powerbase and force him to plead to the council for help is all becuase of political intrigue. yes it is mostly instigated by some one else but again it would make absolutely no sense for you as a former slave. To be able to make these sort of treaties spur of the moment ,(speciffically becuase your basically running for your life and shouldn't have the time needed to find these people on your owen), without some one saying oh look these guys can be swayed to your way of thinking.

and you do get multiple chances to sway some of darth thantons most loyal or atleast powerful including one of his apprentices to your side through the affect you have in being able to match thanton in the political as well as power wise.

also as other posters have said the whole getting ashara to admit to the peace is a lie line is an obviuos first step to her falling so what she doesn't become evil incarnate. That isn't what the sith are about any ways they are about freedom, freedom that mostly turns them into evil douches sure but theres absolutely nothing that requires it or says ashara should be that way even if she does fall to the dark side eventually.

thats not to say i think the story is perfect heck it would of been incrediably awesome if zash or some one had said hey i have been thinking about how you can match thanaton not just in personal power but with your power base. Heres a couple moffs that might just might be willing to back you here's why they might be interested here's why they might not, who do you want to try and convince.

Chikun
08.13.2012 , 09:58 AM | #119
I personally loved the SI story. The final moment with Thanaton was just plain awesome.
FEED ME

stuffystuffs
08.13.2012 , 10:17 AM | #120
I prefer the SI story.

The SW is just so AWESOME and everyone loves you and will fall to the dark side just cuz you say so....I kinda hate that sorta thing.

Spoiler