Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the tedium of fighting high level silvers is killing this game for me.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
the tedium of fighting high level silvers is killing this game for me.

Kakarris
01.11.2012 , 09:17 PM | #31
Again. I don't have CC. What do I do? Besides die.

Teladis
01.11.2012 , 09:17 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyMage View Post
"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.
or maybe the class he plays is under power.

Oh and mainstream> the old way.

Teladis
01.11.2012 , 09:19 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakarris View Post
I played a mara, now that I'm over geared for content it's pretty simple. Yet, other classes do things better because of the tools they have. So my advice? Reroll, if you play the counter part to mara.

Ituhata
01.11.2012 , 09:24 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakarris View Post
So you have no CC, but do you have a pet that does? I have no clue but I an't for the life of me imagine you wouldn't. Seems to me the pet system is designed to give players a balanced and formidable fighting team no matter what spec you have chosen. I'd also venture to say if you personally do not have CC then you must have extremely high dps output. In that case, you have two choices, murder the weak quickly and then focus on strong, or murder the strong quickly and pick off the weak mobs afterwards. I'm sure its situational, you'll want to kill any mobs that cc, heal, interrupt, or have a long cast high dps move.

To the gentleman who responded to me, I have no idea what class you play, I imagine a high dps output class. I rolled healer, so my fights take longer, and where I am at now strong mob pats tend to join my party, so for me, its been enjoyably challenging.

knightblaster
01.11.2012 , 09:25 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Teladis View Post
I played a mara, now that I'm over geared for content it's pretty simple. Yet, other classes do things better because of the tools they have. So my advice? Reroll, if you play the counter part to mara.
Right, I agree with you. When you overgear/overlevel it isn't an issue, but on level quests shouldn't feature mobs that require you to overlevel them to beat.

And, as was noted above, not all classes *have* a CC, including some classes that are very vulnerable to melee attacks.

knightblaster
01.11.2012 , 09:26 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Ituhata View Post

To the gentleman who responded to me, I have no idea what class you play, I imagine a high dps output class. I rolled healer, so my fights take longer, and where I am at now strong mob pats tend to join my party, so for me, its been enjoyably challenging.
Healer classes are easier in this game due to the companion system -- on my healer class, I have no issues. On the DPS class, however, there are substantially more difficulties with the same "type of" challenges.

Fardreamer
01.11.2012 , 09:29 PM | #37
You need utilize your cooldowns better. Even your only a few second stuns like Stasis, Force Push, and Pommel Strike make all the difference.

As a tank I used a DPS companion 90% of the time, and rarely have much trouble. You're complaining about having to heal afterwards? What do you want? To end every fight with 80% HP?
"In the end, cowards are those who follow the darkside."
-Yoda

Agemnon
01.11.2012 , 09:32 PM | #38
I hear you! The worst ones are the patrollers who walk. When you think you're going to heal back to full after your current battle a walker could either join and kill you, thus throwing away your upper hand, or attack you during a meditate/recup. I always watch for patrollers/walkers and take them out when I have them alone, and if there are mobs all along their route I take out the mobs, wait for them, then wait for the patroller.

Txangki
01.11.2012 , 09:38 PM | #39
I noticed that at around 40, you not only get multiple silvers but they have their own CCs. Companions don't have stun breakers. Sorcerors can unstun companions, but can other classes?

I found it a steep learning curve because fighting them at level 36 means they will resist CCs frequently, but even without that it'd be pretty tedious.

One thing it's not is a 'challenge'. Going from being a human flow chart (spell rotations) to a slightly more complex human flow chart (spell rotations w/ mandatory CC and interrupts) isn't challenging. It isn't even thinking, and any notion of requiring skill to interrupt a 3 second cast when you have 1.5 second latency on top of a 1.5 second ability activation delay is just bunk. A challenge makes you think creatively, a hard thing to do in MMOs except in pvp and new content.

Pinely
01.11.2012 , 09:38 PM | #40
Yeah, I really don't like Strong NPCs.

They just have too much health and it slows down the game a bit too much. Buff their damage, give them interesting abilities, whatever, just lower their health pool so I'm not burning time killing high health mooks. The same with those generic elites scattered here and there.

It's not challenging or fun to just whack at a high health mob.