Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pommel Strike: Worthless?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Pommel Strike: Worthless?

Warlocc
01.11.2012 , 05:39 PM | #1
"Only usable on incapacitate targets."

Anything more than weak/standard targets are never incapacitated, though. Force Scream and Smash stun weak/standard targets, but generally they die faster than the GCD. Quinn's Carbonized Stream never seems to hold anything for more than half a second, either.

The only time this ability is useful is in groups, against CC'd targets... But you shouldn't be hitting them, anyway.

Maybe if it ignored the GCD like Retaliation does, we might be able to get it in on weak targets, but... I don't know.

Am I missing something with this ability?
"What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them."

tweeets
01.11.2012 , 06:00 PM | #2
I use pommel strike a lot when I'm farming. Usually just with groups of enemies, and it's a lot more useful if it's like a group of golds/silvers with a couple standard ones that I want to get out of the way asap to minimize the damage I take. Outside of that, I haven't used it too much.

darthsector
01.11.2012 , 06:28 PM | #3
not just worthless useless...when i had that the ablity would only proc rarely. casue during our fights how many stuns do we have that last long enough for us to use it...

but when i did use it damage was great....

but other than that worthless absolutely worthless ablity.

DiLune
01.11.2012 , 06:31 PM | #4
I feel the same way about Savage Kick. Its starting to make it to my tertiary quickbar. (The Alt+ commands.)

tweeets
01.11.2012 , 06:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by darthsector View Post
not just worthless useless...when i had that the ablity would only proc rarely. casue during our fights how many stuns do we have that last long enough for us to use it...

but when i did use it damage was great....

but other than that worthless absolutely worthless ablity.
ಠ_ಠ It's not just a proc. Use force scream, smash, or intimidating roar (which will work on any kind of enemy) first and then pommel strike immediately after. Any of those you can use it 100% of the time unless you get stunned or knocked back.

Also for savage kick, force charge, immediately kick, or you can use it a lot more often with rupture's slowing talent if you're a marauder. I wouldn't really use crippling strike just to be able to savage kick though, only use it if there's a good opportunity.

Caffinated
01.11.2012 , 06:39 PM | #6
It's not worthless, you just have to be quick to use it since a lot of the marauder stuns don't last that long, and there are no macros.

My advice is to bind it and savage kick to buttons so it's quicker for you to active. Clickers may not be fast enough.

mirosusan
01.11.2012 , 06:44 PM | #7
Wow, Pummel Strike is one of my most useful abilities even as a tank. I can take out my first target without taking damage. Never saw Savage Kick active though.
DARTH VALL ILLUMI
FLYGIRL YVVES ILLUMI

SITH JUGGERNAUT & IMPERIAL OPERATIVE ON DE-JAR'KAI SWORD

ChooseStevo
01.11.2012 , 06:52 PM | #8
I play a Juggernaut so when I first saw the ability, I thought it would be used to break CC with a high-damage move in order to grab aggro off the CCer when tanking. Turns out "incapacitated" is some specific condition that is something different than what my Inquisitor friend's CC does.

You can use it on weak enemies after using Smash or Force Scream, but you need to be quick about it. Unfortunately, you can't seem to "incapacitate" stronger enemies, therefore you probably won't see any use for this move in anything other than farming.

Though I haven't tried to use it in PvP.

ChooseStevo
01.11.2012 , 06:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by mirosusan View Post
Wow, Pummel Strike is one of my most useful abilities even as a tank. I can take out my first target without taking damage. Never saw Savage Kick active though.
Savage Kick triggers on an "Immobilized" target. Your basic Force Charge ability will immobilize your target for 2 seconds, so you can use Savage Kick immediately after charging.

DiLune
01.11.2012 , 07:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ChooseStevo View Post
Savage Kick triggers on an "Immobilized" target. Your basic Force Charge ability will immobilize your target for 2 seconds, so you can use Savage Kick immediately after charging.
Hmm. So with the projected changes: Force Push - Saber Throw - Force Charge - Savage Kick would be the way to go.