Expand OPEN World PVP On PVP Servers

-Fenix

To start off with, Open World PVP is the best there is. Open World PVP should be the main focus for future PVP content, in my opinion, and not instanced PVP. While instanced PVP can be fun, it quickly becomes stale after the upteenth time playing in the same area, doing the same thing. In Open World PVP, truly OPEN, the battles are always different, and can become massive in scale.

Open World PVP is never balanced, but that aspect is what makes it remain exciting. Overcoming an enemy that has superior numbers is very satisfying. Crushing an enemy that has weaker numbers is almost as satisfying. There are no scripted locations that it can take place. Something as simple as a gank can provoke an hour long confrontation between multiple guilds.

Devs, please expand upon OPEN World PVP on PVP servers. Remove the invisible exhaustion walls protecting factional medical centers. Lower the NPC guard numbers and difficulty protecting factional areas. Let there be no safe havens beyond Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. To prevent game-killing camping of medical centers, allow a medical center recall to a safe planet, such as the starter worlds.

PVP servers should stand out from PVE servers by more than merely being constantly flagged. Why worry with being flagged if no one can attack you? There is no penalty for dying in this game, so please open up the PVP on PVP servers.

Addition #1: Allow the option (for areas already found) to spawn at other medical centers on the same planet, in addition to the nearest medical center, with a small wait time that increments similar to the droid revival. This will keep players from being unable to leave an area if it is under attack.

Addressing comments/suggestions:

• Corspe looting won't be happening. Devs have stated as such.
  • Faction imbalance can be overcome by guild alliances and planning. Communicate with your peers.
  • Ilum is ONE planet. OPEN World PVP should take place across the galaxy on PVP servers.
  • Incentives to participate, such as valor or commendations etc., are important, but the first goal is for OPEN World PVP to be expanded so it can take place in more areas on PVP servers.
  • Sharding/Phasing of the planets definitely hurts OPEN World PVP, but hopefully it will be gotten rid of soon anyway. Before the forum wipe, it was mentioned that it would at least be reduced sometime after launch.

To all who may post, leave your ganking/camping/griefing complaints to yourself. On a PVP server, those things should be allowed and encouraged, else there be no difference between PVE and PVP servers.

Edited by -Fenix

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!

Some of the most fun I had while playing a MMO was the World PvP in Everquest 2. Often overlooked, eq2 had some awesome World PvP in it's glory days. Then for whatever reason they started killing it off slowly and in doing so lost a lot of their player base. I don't understand why companies always shy away from WPvP when it always seems so wanted by the community.

Edited by TheOuterspace

and if you don't like it just go on a PvE server :D

I don't know why this should concern any pure PVEers, since I declared "on PVP Servers" in the title, but yes they should stick to PVE servers if it bothers them.

Edited by -Fenix

I support this as well.

I cannot stand battleground or instanced PVP where everyone has time to get "set up".

It's all about open world pvp where there are either big battles or even just a few players duking it out. You fight when you don't have an advantage of prepping for battle. You don't fight when everything is hunky dory.

I fully agree with this post. World PvP is where it's at, with all the unpredictability and fun on a daily basis. Bioware/EA should continue to incentivise open world PvP as equally to their instanced warzones long past launch.

In other words,don't be like WOW and go from having great world PvP to meh.

Agree 100%! Most fun I had was open world pvp back in the everquest 1 days on the Rallos zek server. It was brutal but so much fun taking care of your friends who would lose everything in a fight only to have you back them up and recover their gear from the "bad guys". I mean those early days were intense having to watch your back and really making strong friendships in game in order to have a better chance of survival in open pvp wolrds.

I support this.

PvP servers should not be restricted by location, or heavily hidden behind PvE mobs. Respectfully and argueably, it should only be restricted by character lvl differences, all other aspects are balanced.

To start off with, Open World PVP is the best there is. Open World PVP should be the main focus for future PVP content, in my opinion, and not instanced PVP. While instanced PVP can be fun, it quickly becomes stale after the upteenth time playing in the same area, doing the same thing. In Open World PVP, truly OPEN, the battles are always different, and can become massive in scale.

Open World PVP is never balanced, but that aspect is what makes it remain exciting. Overcoming an enemy that has superior numbers is very satisfying. Crushing an enemy that has weaker numbers is almost as satisfying. There are no scripted locations that it can take place. Something as simple as a gank can provoke an hour long confrontation between multiple guilds.

Devs, please expand upon OPEN World PVP on PVP servers. Remove the invisible exhaustion walls protecting factional medical centers. Lower the NPC guard numbers and difficulty protecting factional areas. Let there be no safe havens beyond Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. To prevent game-killing camping of medical centers, allow a medical center recall to a safe planet, such as the starter worlds.

PVP servers should stand out from PVE servers by more than merely being constantly flagged. Why worry with being flagged if no one can attack you? There is no penalty for dying in this game, so please open up the PVP on PVP servers.

To all who may post, leave your ganking/camping/griefing complaints to yourself. On a PVP server, those things should be allowed and encouraged, else there be no difference between PVE and PVP servers.

Let me summarize this for everyone

"i want to have an easy time camping lvl 10 planets so i can gank and camp the graveyard by myself cause i suck at actual pvp with people at my level."

I am all for world pvp. but you just want to be able to literally camp people and force them to quit playing that toon. The world pvp they have is the best i have seen. you can gank people, but you can't camp and thats all that needed to be done. Ganking was never a problem, it is the fact that you want to camp noobs is what makes your a griefer.