Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Arkanovi
01.11.2012 , 06:09 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Your_dominus View Post
What? no we don't.
We get the " medium" option removed, seeing how " high" IS medium.
That is not " updated graphics.
I'm pretty sure he meant patch 1.2, please sharpen up

nonforma
01.11.2012 , 06:09 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THIS ANSWER AND DECISION BY BIOWARE, UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE NOT.

Send your message in a way that they will actually care - written in money.
^

You can cancel your subscription but continue playing on your remaining 30 days until they expire.

Zezel
01.11.2012 , 06:09 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkanovi View Post
If you have even read my responses in this thread you'd know I am one of the people hating on the low textures right now.

But to jump to some paranoid theory about DRM without any objective evidence is just embarassing
Actually the evidence points to DRM and have nothing to compare against, hence the question. How embarassing you know nothing about me, my education level but you still care to respond to me like I don't have a B.S.B.A in Project Managment.

Once again that is why I asked the question.

Go away.

Blue-Reckloose
01.11.2012 , 06:10 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
That screenshot is from a cinematic in-game. As stated, cinematic scenes use high resolution textures because we have control over how many characters are rendered on-screen at once. This is how the game was always intended to look in cinematics. We did not 'remove' high resolution textures - they were always in the game for use in cinematics.

With that said, thank you for all of your responses. We understand everyone's desires around this issue, and although it's not going to be an overnight fix, as mentioned we're working on addressing this. Many of the suggestions you have made are similar to potential changes the development team is investigating.

I rounded up the development team once more and had another discussion, and wanted to update you with a better timeline and some more precise details on what we're doing right now.

The first major changes will be in our next major Game Update, which will have the version number of 1.2. Those changes will bring greater visual fidelity to your character and those around you, but will still allow for good performance in situations where a lot of characters are on-screen at once. In other words, for those screenshots of your character in their best gear, you should see a marked improvement.

Other potential changes are being discussed right now – as I said, many of which are similar to changes suggested by many of you. As usual, you’ll see these sorts of changes on our Public Test Server before they make it into the live game. Right now we cannot commit to a live date for the 1.2 Game Update, but it will be within Q1 2012.
Absolutely unacceptable.

It's very clear that you ARE NOT listening to what we want. We want to turn OFF the stupid atlassing. It should not take months to give us the option to turn something off that was shoehorned in. If it is some big debacle to give us that option, then take the ENTIRE STUPID FEATURE OUT until it can be implemented properly.

I will say again, WE DO NOT WANT YOU SPENDING TIME ENHANCING SOMETHING WE DO NOT WANT.

This should be fixed NEXT WEEK. Not in months.

I just cannot fathom why you put something in to help systems with spindle hard drives, but utterly refused to allow users with SSD's to disable it. We don't freaking need it, we don't freaking want it, let us just turn it off.

fredspekvet
01.11.2012 , 06:10 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
That screenshot is from a cinematic in-game. As stated, cinematic scenes use high resolution textures because we have control over how many characters are rendered on-screen at once. This is how the game was always intended to look in cinematics. We did not 'remove' high resolution textures - they were always in the game for use in cinematics.

With that said, thank you for all of your responses. We understand everyone's desires around this issue, and although it's not going to be an overnight fix, as mentioned we're working on addressing this. Many of the suggestions you have made are similar to potential changes the development team is investigating.

I rounded up the development team once more and had another discussion, and wanted to update you with a better timeline and some more precise details on what we're doing right now.

The first major changes will be in our next major Game Update, which will have the version number of 1.2. Those changes will bring greater visual fidelity to your character and those around you, but will still allow for good performance in situations where a lot of characters are on-screen at once. In other words, for those screenshots of your character in their best gear, you should see a marked improvement.

Other potential changes are being discussed right now – as I said, many of which are similar to changes suggested by many of you. As usual, you’ll see these sorts of changes on our Public Test Server before they make it into the live game. Right now we cannot commit to a live date for the 1.2 Game Update, but it will be within Q1 2012.
Thank you for the update. this at least brings a small sparkle of hope, but Bioware better deliver.. do NOT forget we are paying money for this game on a monthly basis. If the majority of these issues (including the famous fps drops) arent fixed in 1.2 , it's going to cost you a lot of subs.

Don't forget that we're not out to flame Bioware or you, Stephen, we love the game - if the game sucked we wouldnt waste our time posting so much about what's bothering us.

This issue certainly has made a major dent in the trust we have in Bioware and its developers, and it will take some time to recover from that.. but we can , if you BW makestrue on its promises. (end drama-lama cutscene) .

And for those who want a fix next week...this is going to take time to implement , test and make sure everything is working properly.. I know its much to ask, but try to be patient and give them at least a fighting chance to make it right.

Anareon
01.11.2012 , 06:10 PM | #326
I tried telling you all in the last thread that you were setting yourselves up for a big let down, and that the textures in cutscenes were for just that: cutscenes.

The game is amazing and I am going to keep playing. The texures look great and everyone in my guild is having a blast.

Happy gaming!

GURTUS
01.11.2012 , 06:10 PM | #327
One of the things I find odd about this and the way its described is when you use the preview window to see what an item looks like they use the blurred crapitalised versions of the texture but if you switch to how you companion looks they use the full high-res version.

Quote:
The texures look great
For an N64 game....

grezgorz
01.11.2012 , 06:11 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Ninyania View Post
No, because the assets are already on your computer, in the .tor files, in an unencrypted form, which can be extracted by publicly-available utilities right now, totally off-line, with no connection back to BW's servers.
Ah, OK. Well I am not going to get into a paranoid tizzy about remote rendering DRM unless I'm presented with credible proof. I'm still not happy about them force-lowering texture resolution though - enough to hold off on enabling a subscription for now.

myrmexaw
01.11.2012 , 06:11 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Daemonjax View Post
The particular screenshot he was talking about had to come from cutscene because of the obvious depth of field effect.

Jeez, we have updated graphics incoming with the next big patch. It's confirmed. Be happy.
did you install patch 1.1 yet ? Yea... 1.2 is going to be march/april as in 2 to 3 month from now....

Your_dominus
01.11.2012 , 06:11 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkanovi View Post
I'm pretty sure he meant patch 1.2, please sharpen up
" sharpen up"?
Lol, ok guy. And do tell, what " updated graphics" is he even refering to?