Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Dezzi
01.11.2012 , 04:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by leetlazzy View Post
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3...lmorra__9_.jpg

False advertising!

I want my money back.
That's cut-scene footage for the quest "Comrades in Arms" on Sith-side Balmorra. Your argument would be more sound if you post game--not cut-scene--footage.

Otherwise, I'm in the same "this is crap" boat as everyone else.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Arkulin
01.11.2012 , 04:50 PM | #22
What where you thinking Bioware ?!

http://imgur.com/3JUxV

Give us back High resolution texture, BETA was great, this is false advertising.

It only take a couple of minutes of your time to post a complaint to The Federal Trade Commission.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Lex_Luthor_II
01.11.2012 , 04:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kick_ View Post
Please allow Hi-res textures for people that can handle them.
THIS^

to just assume that some computers wont handle it.... well THATS WHY THEY HAVE SETTING OPTIONS. so you can turn stuff DOWN if u cant handle it. dont just take it out completely, gods so ridiculous.
!▀▀][[Θ]!]!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Merex
01.11.2012 , 04:50 PM | #24
Wow, well this is unfortunate. Armor looks like absolute crap outside of cutscenes. WoW has better armor textures and that game is seven years old. Sad. I love this game, but there really is no excuse. I guess this is what Bioware gets for cutting corners and not writing in a custom engine as part of their massive budget.

cuin
01.11.2012 , 04:51 PM | #25
so what is happening now? are we just being told to not whine about it anymore caues it's all just been one big misunderstanding?

Wapner
01.11.2012 , 04:51 PM | #26
A bit disappointing. But, who honestly plays an MMO for the graphics? The game looks fine (I play at 1080p, on a 42" display). I'm happy enough with the graphics, to be able to enjoy the rest of the game immensely.

Not to say that I wouldn't like to see high-res textures. It would certainly add to the game. But for me, the 2D sprite foliage takes away a lot more immersion than the textures do.

Hammerholm
01.11.2012 , 04:51 PM | #27
You can keep remaking this thread but it'll not vanish till the developers step up and enable high res. textures, end of story.

Malist
01.11.2012 , 04:51 PM | #28
Can someone please tell me I'm reading all of this wrong? That these are lies? Please? Because I'm going to be really upset if I find out that this game could look better on my pricy PC and it doesn't, because BW decided to take out the high resolution setting.

Seriously showing gameplay footage on a setting that's unavailable? I understand playing gameplay videos on super PCs, even that's cool. But let us aspire to have that build, not show us something impossible - weak!

And to the people who are putting "Those who actually play this game and enjoy it are in game, not on these forums complaining", silence mortal. I love this game and play it daily; I also happen to have a job, fortunately for me like many other players, it allows me to check on forums while I'm at work. You know... keeping up with the Calrissian's, all that jazz. So my concern is valid, and I'll be sure my massive guild hears about this when I sign on tonight.
The Darkforge Legacy - Ebon Hawk

kineticdamage
01.11.2012 , 04:51 PM | #29
1024x1024 textures are serious business !
512x512 textures are GAMEBREAKING !

- signed, the all existing MMORPGs Global Technical Director

Caonimah
01.11.2012 , 04:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by PibbyPib View Post
This is hilarious. The situation is very thoroughly spelled out by that dev, but people still whine like children having a tantrum.
"I must whine about people whining, it is the way of the world. It musnt change."