Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Arkanovi
01.11.2012 , 05:47 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkanovi View Post
I hate this low-res texture issue as much as you guys and I'm most likely not resubbing for a while until a fix is made (even a self + companion option would suffice for me).

But let's stay logical guys, the idea of a remote-rendering method for a GAME with a high volume of people is just ludicrous, that Stanford model is not applicable to gaming environments.
Also, I love how that mental theory has gone form pure conjecture to undeniable fact. It's like people who see a strange light in the sky....no idea what that is, hmm, can't be a plane....it must be an alien spacecraft who have undergone faster-than-light travel to visit us!!

Shoxc
01.11.2012 , 05:48 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaruenMakai View Post
were all playing the game instead of spending 400 posts complaining about something thats not happening any time soon. Its a let down, but we wont let it bring us down.
We continue to play cuz we appreciate the game for what it is.
Complacency is the enemy of progress. Enjoying playing by yourselves in an empty MMO.

Ommm
01.11.2012 , 05:48 PM | #233
This is what was advertised and i thought i bought here:
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3...lmorra__9_.jpg

This is what i got with high settings:
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/7...1110050596.jpg

Q1 is to late. You should not have sold the game like this. Refund.
Maybe i will purchase again, if i see you have learned.
Doubt it tho.
This signature is currently missing from the website. I don't have an ETA on when will this basic feature be implemented but it is in my plans.

Fograw
01.11.2012 , 05:48 PM | #234
So this is how PC gaming goes out like, with the developer telling us how our machines will perform with their product.

I swear, you guys might as well be developing for the ipad or some other closed system...console development has jaded your senses.

Sorry gang, I was really enjoying this game but if you are gonna treat us like a bunch of idiots, then I think my money and time is better spent elsewhere.

That is what ticks me off the MOST, that you are entirely assuming we don't know anything about this crap, and trying to pull a fast one.

Pathetic.

Ainilome
01.11.2012 , 05:48 PM | #235
More than any other fix in the game, this is the most important to me.

And I'm a roleplayer who wants chat bubbles and working chairs. Graphics worthy of the machine I built specifically for SWTOR, is more important.
Saiya
Lord Adraas (RP) Sith Sorcerer
-=Dark Star Society=-

SWGoriginal
01.11.2012 , 05:48 PM | #236
WHERE THE **** do i get a refund, Working NOT as intended !

Zorvan
01.11.2012 , 05:48 PM | #237
It's not even the textures that bother me anymore.

It's EAware using their mouthpiece Reid ( who is just the messenger, not the one at fault ) to tell us flat out lies that any 5 year old could see through because they apparently think we're all idiots.

Jedi_Scout
01.11.2012 , 05:48 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Amikae View Post
What they said is not acceptable. We do not accept to have these garbage textures in a 2012 game with a 300 million budget. Kay? They need to respond, that they are going to fix this RIGHT NOW, because soon there won't be anyone to respond to.
So to be clear not liking the answer means they didn't answer. Sweet.

TostitoBandito
01.11.2012 , 05:49 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
That screenshot is from a cinematic in-game. As stated, cinematic scenes use high resolution textures because we have control over how many characters are rendered on-screen at once. This is how the game was always intended to look in cinematics. We did not 'remove' high resolution textures - they were always in the game for use in cinematics.

With that said, thank you for all of your responses. We understand everyone's desires around this issue, and although it's not going to be an overnight fix, as mentioned we're working on addressing this. Many of the suggestions you have made are similar to potential changes the development team is investigating.

I rounded up the development team once more and had another discussion, and wanted to update you with a better timeline and some more precise details on what we're doing right now.

The first major changes will be in our next major Game Update, which will have the version number of 1.2. Those changes will bring greater visual fidelity to your character and those around you, but will still allow for good performance in situations where a lot of characters are on-screen at once. In other words, for those screenshots of your character in their best gear, you should see a marked improvement.

Other potential changes are being discussed right now – as I said, many of which are similar to changes suggested by many of you. As usual, you’ll see these sorts of changes on our Public Test Server before they make it into the live game. Right now we cannot commit to a live date for the 1.2 Game Update, but it will be within Q1 2012.

Thank you for the update.

commy-
01.11.2012 , 05:49 PM | #240
within Q1 2012

Maybe I'll return within 2012.