Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Jivoi's Avatar


Jivoi
01.12.2012 , 07:38 AM | #1231
Quote: Originally Posted by Greuceanu View Post
Please tell us the holoterminal trick , just try to use it ?

Bioware : Quick fix , give us a portable version of the ship holoterminal , the companion can carry it
Go to your ship and just click the holoterminal, and for 0.5 second after that you wil see nice and crisp textures. That time is only enought to make a screenshot. Just play a bit with the timing.

ishtori's Avatar


ishtori
01.12.2012 , 07:38 AM | #1232
Quote: Originally Posted by Saprezzan View Post
So they've just removed high textures from the game, calling it a day? Apparently medium setting disappeared in patch 1.1 on the PTS. So they're now calling medium the new high. What the hell? Here's hoping that's just an oversight, but if not...that'd be foolish.
nope you are correct. Even though the "medium" setting was there in for pretty much the whole closed beta, "medium" was actually a bug and it was actually supposed to be "high" as stated by Stephen Reid in his original post. so now we only get either "low" or "high"

Threefiddie's Avatar


Threefiddie
01.12.2012 , 07:38 AM | #1233
way past 1000 posts. mods must be asleep lol

meanwhile i don't think anyone has seen these before....
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/7...1110050596.jpg
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1...0722193674.png

MegaBubble's Avatar


MegaBubble
01.12.2012 , 07:38 AM | #1234
Quote: Originally Posted by Jounar View Post
The promo screenshots and videos used by Bioware to market SWTOR on this very website show ingame non cinematic graphics that players cannot use due to the option being taken out of the game. No where on this site do Bioware state that the pics and vids do not represent actual gameplay and that is deceiving potential customers.

You say you don't want screenshots as proof of the low detail textures SWTOR uses well how about you go to your ship holotransmitter, zoom in on your character and click the holo. Boom, you are now in the real high graphic settings for all of 1.5 seconds.

No one is asking for cutting edge graphics, hell the real high res graphics are no where close to being cutting edge or even as good as those used in MMO's that have launched in the last 5 years. All were asking for is the graphics the game was advertised with.
Fair enough. I'll concede that at the least BW should put a disclaimer on the site in fine print regarding the no longer available gfx setting used. I don't honestly think it would make any difference at all, other than to satisfy what I personally consider to be "irrational demands" from players with inflated senses of entitlement. That isn't an insult to anyone in particular, that's just my honest view of the situation.

Putting up a disclaimer, or taking down the current pics on the site changes NOTHING. I fail to see how it will make anyone feel "better", it just satisfies some sense of "justice" that people have regarding an issue that, frankly, really isn't that serious. You still don't get the graphics you want. Don't misunderstand me, I fully understand the "but it's the principle!" argument, I just rarely ever agree with it.

My primary reason for posting here though is just to express the fact that the graphics, in my honest opinion, do not look bad. I didn't say "don't post pics as proof" because I don't believe that the higher res textures look better, I'm sure they do - I said it because even without them the game looks good from my personal perspective. Perhaps having played games on Atari 2600 and Collecovision has something to do with that perception.

I said in one of the pages in the previous thread yesterday that if you're staring at stills making comparisons all day then sure, you'll see some inconsistencies and imperfections. If you're playing the game in motion, its a different story. I likened It to taking a person that you personally know and find attractive, taking a closeup pic of their face, and then staring at it - you're going to see all sorts of imperfections you didn't acknowledge in usual company with the person. Yet, (if you're like me) it doesn't detract from the person's beauty. The same thing applies with a video game, especially considering that graphics are a small part of what makes a great MMO.

Saprezzan's Avatar


Saprezzan
01.12.2012 , 07:38 AM | #1235
Quote: Originally Posted by myrmexaw View Post
Bug Bug bug
Haha, hell it is.

CarverX's Avatar


CarverX
01.12.2012 , 07:39 AM | #1236
Quote: Originally Posted by United_Strafes View Post
Here's a screen I took from Batman AC, since the DX11 features screwed up my stuff this was taken without Tessellation and HBAO, this is what is considered barely passable in that game without the DX11 on.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64...ECC829985ABD1/

wow that looks 1,000 times better than this game and that is 2011 graphics peeps
The Shadowlands

Jounar's Avatar


Jounar
01.12.2012 , 07:39 AM | #1237
Quote: Originally Posted by Skwark View Post
Well, "punch" them with your subscription if they plan to keep it that way. The Lack of these textures is not a gamebreaker for me, altho it does suck a bit of the yoy Im having with this game. The false advertising on the other hand and now the removal of medium settings is something I will not accept.
+1

If Bioware had of been upfront about the issue before hand I probley would of still bought the game but lying about the issue being just a UI bug and only admitting the truth almost a month after release means they now have zero credibility with me and can kiss my subscription fee goodbye until the game is as was advertised.

Saprezzan's Avatar


Saprezzan
01.12.2012 , 07:40 AM | #1238
Quote: Originally Posted by ishtori View Post
nope you are correct. Even though the "medium" setting was there in for pretty much the whole closed beta, "medium" was actually a bug and it was actually supposed to be "high" as stated by Stephen Reid in his original post. so now we only get either "low" or "high"
People are reporting that there were high resolution textures in beta, therefore the high setting definitely existed. Now we're all stuck with medium.

CarverX's Avatar


CarverX
01.12.2012 , 07:40 AM | #1239
Quote: Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post
way past 1000 posts. mods must be asleep lol

meanwhile i don't think anyone has seen these before....
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/7...1110050596.jpg
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1...0722193674.png
Basically looks like an N64 game
The Shadowlands

Cioffaz's Avatar


Cioffaz
01.12.2012 , 07:42 AM | #1240
Quote: Originally Posted by Jounar View Post
+1

If Bioware had of been upfront about the issue before hand I probley would of still bought the game but lying about the issue being just a UI bug and only admitting the truth almost a month after release means they now have zero credibility with me and can kiss my subscription fee goodbye until the game is as was advertised.
This.

So, we're going to split the money 50/50, right?

Refer me pls!