Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Jounar
01.12.2012 , 07:26 AM | #1221
Quote: Originally Posted by Owlcat View Post
A bug cancelled my account!!!
A bug did the same to me and linked in the response to this issue the Bioware official gave the community as to the reason why my sub was cancelled

Facelessred
01.12.2012 , 07:26 AM | #1222
Okay seriously.. this is not only disappointing but rather silly. this is why games have graphic options. If you can't handle it, you don't set it. simple. So basically this is more like an open invitation for people to pick the game apart and fix it so they can pull the high res textures out of the system files? obviously in every ToS that is against the rules, I sure wish I had time to figure out what I need to do it though, because my character looks like he fell in the Mud. I have a good machine, I want to utilize it please. ;[ let the poor performers have more in-depth graphics options.

Skwark
01.12.2012 , 07:27 AM | #1223
Quote: Originally Posted by Monthigos View Post
I think I can live without seeing other people's high resolution textures...but at the very least enable it for me and my companion. That shouldn't cause too much of an impact on performance.
This - said it before aswell.

Cioffaz
01.12.2012 , 07:27 AM | #1224
Let us choice...no more, no less.

So, we're going to split the money 50/50, right?

Refer me pls!

RyceTOR
01.12.2012 , 07:28 AM | #1225
Quote: Originally Posted by myrmexaw View Post
TextureQuality = 0

in users/** name computer***/Apdata/local/SWTOR/swtor/settings/game settings.ini
I'm told this no longer works. There's no way to force the issue via the ini files. ATI card owners have a way to force the issue with the card itself, but I cannot find such a setting in my NVIDIA control panel.
The Force will be with you, always.

myrmexaw
01.12.2012 , 07:31 AM | #1226
Quote: Originally Posted by RyceTOR View Post
I'm told this no longer works. There's no way to force the issue via the ini files. ATI card owners have a way to force the issue with the card itself, but I cannot find such a setting in my NVIDIA control panel.
you can't force it trough the client settings in the game folder but if you go trough appdata and mark the file read only it still works. Like anything bioware butched the last patch and didn't bother going and fix the file in the windows repertory whom is actually the one used first then the one in their repertory...

VicSkimmr
01.12.2012 , 07:32 AM | #1227
Honestly, the more I see of these issues, the more I'm convinced they're purposefully keeping the load on the engine light so it doesn't self destruct or something.

All we really want is to have the option to see our own character (and companion) in hi-res. That is absolutely paramount. The current textures in game are simply not acceptable.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Saprezzan
01.12.2012 , 07:34 AM | #1228
It's fairly obvious they are aware of this issue, seeing that they disabled medium setting on PTS altogether, calling it "high" now. Hiding it is not a solution.

RyceTOR
01.12.2012 , 07:36 AM | #1229
Quote: Originally Posted by myrmexaw View Post
you can't force it trough the client settings in the game folder but if you go trough appdata and mark the file read only it still works. Like anything bioware butched the last patch and didn't bother going and fix the file in the windows repertory whom is actually the one used first then the one in their repertory...
well I'll give it another try, but I've tried this before and saw no difference in rendering anything. Others have since confirmed the ini file cannot force this change. /shrug
The Force will be with you, always.

myrmexaw
01.12.2012 , 07:37 AM | #1230
Quote: Originally Posted by Saprezzan View Post
It's fairly obvious they are aware of this issue, seeing that they disabled medium setting on PTS altogether, calling it "high" now. Hiding it is not a solution.
Quote:
First, the UI issue. The preferences menu as it is seen on the Public Test Server for version 1.1 of the game is correct - there are only supposed to be two texture choices, 'Low' and 'High'. This replaces the original three-choice preference of Low/Medium/High because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.
Bug Bug bug