Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Jackmaner
01.11.2012 , 05:13 PM | #21
Most of this is true, I rerolled my trooper cause the delay glitch on that class are horrible. BH > Trooper and it's sad since they are supposed to be equal. Hopefully on my server Empire sucks so we win 3/4 matches but it's still sad that all those things are bugged.
- Jackmaner

Trushott
01.11.2012 , 05:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
The OP is pure derpitude. Every single thing he is crying about has been mentioned as known bug or something that they are going to fix in some future patch.

I guarantee that the OP isn't going to cancel his account because he knows this is all stuff bneing adressed or at least known issue. retarded tripe.

o look an empire player ... heh

yes i can tell by your pic
Silas - Sniper ... engineering specialty

Easy to find but bring two in PvP to take me down

Lazorous
01.11.2012 , 05:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Part_Time_Hero View Post

EMPIRE SI - ELEMENTAL DAMAGE / REPUBLIC COUNSULAR - KENETIC
it's been said before, but clearly needs to be said again.

EMPIRE SI - ENERGY DAMAGE / REPUBLIC COUNSULAR - KENETIC

ENERGY = KINETIC Damage.

Same mitigation principles.

Trushott
01.11.2012 , 05:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKyram View Post
Re roll as a sith or just learn to deal, don't quit a game because you THINK the dev's are overpowering on particular faction. We can all agree that this is an outstanding game that we all enjoy. Me personally ,if I know the other player has the advantage it makes me try that much harder to "own" him and put him down. Makes killing the other player much more rewarding

lol

then why are you playing empire side

/boggle

Spootybeaver
01.11.2012 , 05:15 PM | #25
very interesting
"I thought Star Wars was too wacky for the general public."
- George Lucas

Trushott
01.11.2012 , 05:16 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Grevilavec View Post
let me clear some things I know for a fact up real quick.

Electrocute does NOT ignore the resolve bar, thta bar fills up almost all the way when I stun someone for 4 sec.

And Overload, Sorc's knockback is most certainly not instant. My dude has to jump up in the air, sometimes do a spin within his flip, then knock people away.

Your post was just a little too long for me to read otherwsie. And I don't know about some of the stuff. From what I have seen though, Empire V Republic, the minor differences in timing get made up for in other places. For example, Telekentic throw has a bit of a delay over Shock, but the Sage pushback from what I've been affected is instant, rather than animation then hit.

Again, I'm sure it feels frustrating, but these aren't game breaking things, especially without a rated system in effect quite yet. IF they do ever do anything rated, then I'm sure we will see 100% balanced, but in the meantime, why not enjoy some of the flavor.

Also BOO FREAKING HOO on the Alderan thing, you guys play that so much there is no reason you shouldn't dominate Empire with strategy and calling stuff out 80% of the time.

ill say up frront i didnt read all your post but first line is wrong ... devs acknowledged the bug on ignore resolve bar and are fixing it

Lord-Atorius
01.11.2012 , 05:18 PM | #27
To long to read and care about. SI uses Energy not Elemental, Get that stright. Also sorry don't believe anything of what you had to say about the Devs giving Sith more advantage over Republic. Learn to play or leave. I hate WZ right now because of the balance of Gearer lvl 50s vs everyone else. But I still play alittle and will play more WZ's once Brackets are in place. Peace.
Dark Lord

Nowhere
01.11.2012 , 05:21 PM | #28
It's funny because the only people who think these inconsistencies are fine or just brush it off as a non-issue are Empire players.

Oh well, Yoda doesn't care. The fact is that you NEED power in numbers and dirty rotten advantages behind the scenes to give you a fighting chance.

It still won't save you from the wrath of the light side in the long run.

You wretched hive of scum & villainy. You will succumb to our righteous death blow once and for all eventually.

Gorstog
01.11.2012 , 05:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashanor View Post
Consular one really needs a fix. They shouldn't have 20% less damage than an Inquisitor (if that is true). All the rest need to be fixed as well, but that one takes the cake.
Problem is the fact that this damage stuff is just coming to light due to tanks realizing they cannot tank in PvP.

Only "weapon damage" basically the WHITE damage is fully mitigatable. Kinetic is only reduced by armor and everything else ... you might as well be naked.

This game has potential but they seem to be completely missing the point. I expect a mass exodus in the next 2-3 weeks if there are not some obvious balance fixes posted in the patch notes on the test forum.

SliggXx
01.11.2012 , 05:22 PM | #30
OP is right about the faction imbalance, but likening it to some grand conspiracy de-legitimizes his position. It would be better if you rationally explained the issues without all the melodramatic idiocy.